IGNORED

RIP Mrs. Tabonga

Tabonga

Events Team · Posted

Really sorry to hear about this. Always a terrible, terrible thing to happen. My thoughts are with you and your family. As others have said, even though it may not mean much against such an insurmountably horrible situation, we're always here for you as a community if there's anything at all we can do. Best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone - it was a unexpected medical situation - she was in ICU for a week and went to a hospice Thursday night and died early last  Friday am.  As bad as my mother's death was in 2014 this is an unimaginable magnitude above that.  

After 39 years the house just seems so empty.   

• Sad 14

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Thanks everyone - it was a unexpected medical situation - she was in ICU for a week and went to a hospice Thursday night and died early last  Friday am.  As bad as my mother's death was in 2014 this is an unimaginable magnitude above that.  

After 39 years the house just seems so empty.   

I can't even imagine.  My wife and kids leave for a weekend and I start to feel lonely.

• Thanks 1

Sadly, we are all too often stripped of ability to choose who will accompany us on our human journey.  We do, however retain the freedom to decide how we'll respond to such a great misfortune.  That is not so easily taken.  It would be unlikely for it to not take a time, but eventually your pain will become strength when you are ready.  In the meantime, hang in there and remember that although it may seem to be the case, you are not alone.

• Thanks 1