IGNORED

Your highest rank on a global leaderboard?

GPX

For those lovers of high scores and online leaderboards, what is your current highest rank, and on what game(s) and which platform?

My current best is rank 8 on a couple of the levels on Defense Grid on Xbox Live. Many years and time were spent on playing it repeatedly. Many ugly facial expressions, foul language used and thumb blisters too! 

I was number one on FIFA 09 for PSP back in 2008. I remember there was only about 2-3 players who could give me a real challenge in matches. But like most online sports games, the opponents used to disconnect when they were losing.

My cousin was also number one on Donkey Kong (NES) on the Wii U Miiverse for a while. I jokingly referred to him as the King of Kong (on Miiverse).

• Like 2

megamanrecord.jpg.0ec9bd7541cd907d282d39a04f4de466.jpg

I was playing Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on Switch in January, and got 12th place (out of 200 players) on the leaderboard for the Mega Man 7 Stage Remix 1 challenge. I've also ranked in the top 10 in a few Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Tournaments before.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

I used to be top 20 in the world in the Palm OS game Bike or Die, an Elastomania clone. I played it all day in high school to shave off milliseconds. Guys it was an achievement! People care about Palm OS leaderboards!

Edit: I also hold the world record in Home Alone for NES.

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 2

Not me but my wife was like #3 on the Wii Tetris for a minute.  I think the speed maxed out at 15 or something and it was an endurance thing where she would just pause and come back later and resume her game.  This went on for like a week.  The best part was when her brother’s girlfriend’s son goes, “Why would you do that?” 😂 

I‘ve got nothing really.  Umm I used to be able to make it through the whole week on Paperboy.  That’s a thing right?

• Like 1

Really great to see so many different games in the responses. If a global leaderboard contains most countries, then just being in the top 50 is already an achievement. This would likely mean you’re in the top 1-2 in your country!

I recently posted a 5th place score on "Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition" for Xbox 360.  Not really saying much, as the game is clearly not very popular (not sure why, I think it's fun!).  I'm sure many people on this site could beat my score with minimal effort.  I quit at about 500,000 after playing for about 2 hours.  Points come much faster than the original arcade game and you get plenty of bonus lives.  Just don't let the timer run out even once or the game ends (very odd).

My real best Xbox 360 game is "Splosion Man", where I think I'm still in the top 40 or so for combined points/time across every stage.  Sank many (quite enjoyable) hours into that one!

Otherwise I'm usually #1 when I filter a leaderboard by my friends list. 😛

• Like 1

On the Xbox 360 Game Room I got into the top 10 and maybe even top 5 on some games. I specifically remember Pitfall! and River Raid II. On the flip side I could not even get the gold medal scores on the Asteroids' arcade games after many hours of playing.

On the Xbox One Atari Flashback Classics Volume 3 I had a few top 5 scores thanks mostly to the lack of players. Fire Fighter was definitely one.

Most of the rest of my gaming exploits involve high score clubs for classic games.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:44 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've unofficially beaten a few Twin Galaxies NES records during the weekly contests, but I've never formally submitted any.

Which title(s)? Pretty neat record if genuinely true!

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Most of them were less common games. Double Dragon II and Rad Racer are probably the most popular ones that I beat the current record for. I've maxed out the score on Contra, but there are already 23 players tied for that record.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 3/21/2021 at 3:59 AM, GPX said:

Those things are a joke.  When we played Baseball for the weekly contest, I destroyed the TG record, despite never playing it prior to that week.

And I got 3rd place in the contest.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Those things are a joke.  When we played Baseball for the weekly contest, I destroyed the TG record, despite never playing it prior to that week.

And I got 3rd place in the contest.

Yeah those records are so easily and routinely beaten that it's basically a running joke. And it's far too much effort to submit your scores to them, it's not even worth the time.

This was a number of years ago, but the only time I ever ranked at a number of note was in Ridge Racer 6 on XB360. I made it to 7th in the world rankings, but I kept sliding down the ranks once the Japanese players really started to bring it online; I just didn't have the time to put into trying to keep that edge as I was working full time and in college full time.

The only other two games I can play at a highly competitive level are Dr.Mario (my favorite is the e-shop version - Express - that came out in the DS-i era), and speed running Mega Man X.   

• Like 1