IGNORED

Whats your job?

Nes Freak

School bus driver. 

I was an SDET, but around here driving pays decently enough with fewer/better hours and is generally low stress with no deadlines. Having the middle of the day being open is good for projects when brain functionality is optimal, but nowadays I've been mostly using it for taking care of my kids, which also saves money and is useful during the pandemic. Also I tend to code like a dinosaur which isn't amazing for modern tech.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

Software Engineer of many forms. C#/.Net is my bread and butter, but professionally I've worked with everything. SQL DBA, Python, C++, C, Objective-C and Java (but I don't wanna!). Windows applications, websites, phone apps and even embedded systems. There's more but I doubt you'd be interested in an extensive +15 year career that's dabbled in software of all forms.

This kinda-sorta summarize my job, or at least my current one. I've worn a bunch of hats in the past with my company but mostly focused on VB.Net, SQL, SAS. My current job is C#/.Net/SQL. I'd say it's fair to say once you get into programming of any sort a title and programming language are not very easy to pin down. I've been called a SAS Programmer, Programmer Analyst, Software Engineer, etc.

12 minutes ago, Khromak said:

This kinda-sorta summarize my job, or at least my current one. I've worn a bunch of hats in the past with my company but mostly focused on VB.Net, SQL, SAS. My current job is C#/.Net/SQL. I'd say it's fair to say once you get into programming of any sort a title and programming language are not very easy to pin down. I've been called a SAS Programmer, Programmer Analyst, Software Engineer, etc.

Yeah, agreed. Of all the jobs I had, I actually enjoyed the embedded systems work the most. People might think progamming in C was easier. Alit of baggage can come with a framework and now that C# is over 17 years old, I feel like it's getting bloated with features. Good ole C, though, doesn't change much.

The oddest professional language I've had to use was PERL. Not my choice, but it was a fun experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

I'm a chef by trade. I work at the Riverhouse Cafe in Milford, NH right now.

Recently I've gotten into cooking quite a bit, over the past year or two. 

For a moment I had thought that I'd like this job, but then I remembered I'm actually a very picky eater.

1 hour ago, fcgamer said:

Recently I've gotten into cooking quite a bit, over the past year or two. 

For a moment I had thought that I'd like this job, but then I remembered I'm actually a very picky eater.

It's all about the customer at the end of the day. You just make the best food you can, as quickly and consistently as possible. Times like these you need to fight for every single dollar, and you won't get that with substandard meals. 

9 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

I was working at a local electronics store and teaching guitar.  But I left the electronics store right before covid looking for something better.  So im just treading water until things start really opening up.  Luckily I had plenty saved cuz all I did was work.

5 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

I'm a chef by trade. I work at the Riverhouse Cafe in Milford, NH right now.

Grew up in Milford and lived half my life there before moving to the west coast. I worked at the Drive In theater for many years and one of the best jobs I've had. Funny with how few there are still around there was a 2 screen one there. Crazy to come across another person who has even heard of the town let alone work there 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GharetSaiDe said:

Grew up in Milford and lived half my life there before moving to the west coast. I worked at the Drive In theater for many years and one of the best jobs I've had. Funny with how few there are still around there was a 2 screen one there. Crazy to come across another person who has even heard of the town let alone work there 

I live a 10 minute walk from the oval right now. Born and raised in Manchester, but it's getting overrun with heroin quickly. 

On 3/4/2021 at 12:58 PM, Richardhead said:

Yup. Currently looking to move on though. It’s hard watching these people destroy their lives. Hell, just because I work here I probably drink too much. Polishing up on my computer skills right now. Gotta get me one of those work from home jobs. 😁

nice 😛  personally i hate those store.  i dont drink but alot of people in my town do.  when liquor stores start they never go out of business and are guaranteed to be there forever.

Mmmmmmmm.. Sweet, sweet nectar.  Always loved the smell of package stores, old spilt beer and fleeting dreams.  Always had the best candy growing up too. Edit..   Damnit @Richardhead  got me all distracted, forgot to say what I do..  Home repair of almost all aspects, contractor.

Edited by 8bitdontquit
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 2:58 PM, Optomon said:

School bus driver. 

I was an SDET, but around here driving pays decently enough with fewer/better hours and is generally low stress with no deadlines. Having the middle of the day being open is good for projects when brain functionality is optimal, but nowadays I've been mostly using it for taking care of my kids, which also saves money and is useful during the pandemic. Also I tend to code like a dinosaur which isn't amazing for modern tech.

How is being a school bus driver? - I'm thoroughly curious because I'm a delivery route driver and I get along well with kids, so I've considered the job

Edited by Soma

Graphics Team · Posted
On 3/4/2021 at 3:05 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Transportation Engineer, Environmental Engineer, I deal with governmental red tape so that the State can maintain the roadways/bridges and improve safety for the traveling public.  And on rare cases build/extend paved bike trails.

Bless you, dude. As an avid jogger, nothing makes me happier than a nice bike trail haha.

-CasualCart

• Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted

I'm a 2D character-animator for TV shows.

The pandemic has actually been very kind to my industry - everyone stuck at home clamoring for more streaming content. The studio where I work must have doubled in size this past year.

-CasualCart

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Soma said:

How is being a school bus driver? - I'm thoroughly curious because I'm a delivery route driver and I get along well with kids, so I've considered the job

Not bad at all. Getting licenced and trained is something you have to work hard at and take seriously. First several months are kind of nerve wracking getting used to the driving. But after that it's pretty chill once you are used to it, especially once they let you drive the same thing every day with the same people.