IGNORED

Whats your job?

Nes Freak

6 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Whats bare copper at now? Do you guys pay more for 1/0 and above?

Also, do you have an industrial wire stripper? Always wanted to use one of those. 

I work directly with refiners and I'd get paid about $3.85 / lb. for bare bright right now. The best local scrap yards are paying $3.50, but if I were in the market I'd pay anywhere from $3.05 - $3.60 depending on the quantity right now.

Though I don't do much wire these days since the market it too competitive for me.

We mostly focus on shooting range materials these days since we have a proprietary machine that allows us to get huge quantities of material.

6 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I'm a 2D character-animator for TV shows.

The pandemic has actually been very kind to my industry - everyone stuck at home clamoring for more streaming content. The studio where I work must have doubled in size this past year.

-CasualCart

nice!  If you don't mind me asking what shows do you work on?  or is it a secret 😛  im glad you are doing well.  this pandemic sucked for most.

3 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

I work directly with refiners and I'd get paid about $3.85 / lb. for bare bright right now. The best local scrap yards are paying $3.50, but if I were in the market I'd pay anywhere from $3.05 - $3.60 depending on the quantity right now.

Though I don't do much wire these days since the market it too competitive for me.

We mostly focus on shooting range materials these days since we have a proprietary machine that allows us to get huge quantities of material.

Wow thats higher than I expected. 

Are you guys after copper jackets, lead, or brass casings?

6 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Wow thats higher than I expected. 

Are you guys after copper jackets, lead, or brass casings?

I used to work in the brass industry, although I was on the manufacturing side as apposed to the metal buying side.  If you are collecting brass from shooting ranges, there is a pretty good chance it made its way through our plant.  I haven't worked there in over a year.  I haven't thought about the price of copper in a long time.  

• Like 1

Accounting - my title has been financial analyst lately - i don't work with stocks and don't believe I am a financial analyst.

I basically work for a large private company and put their budget income statements together in excel and update them as needed during the budget season. Then I assist the GL team in the off season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Californication said:

Accounting - my title has been financial analyst lately - i don't work with stocks and don't believe I am a financial analyst.

I basically work for a large private company and put their budget income statements together in excel and update them as needed during the budget season. Then I assist the GL team in the off season.

Is that the equivalent of a public company 10-k?

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Is that the equivalent of a public company 10-k?

I don't think so, it's non-GAAP. It's mostly for investors and upper management to make decisions and operations kind of use them as a visual aid to see how prospective numbers change as their inputs change. 

Edited by Californication

Graphics Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

nice!  If you don't mind me asking what shows do you work on?  or is it a secret 😛  im glad you are doing well.  this pandemic sucked for most.

Yeah I can't disclose stuff that hasn't been released yet, but I may or may not have had a hand in this reboot haha.
(And I may or may not have animated the Marvin the Martian scenes they used in the trailer here). Hush hush.

-CasualCart

• Like 3
  • Wow! 8
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Yeah I can't disclose stuff that hasn't been released yet, but I may or may not have had a hand in this reboot haha.
(And I may or may not have animated the Marvin the Martian scenes they used in the trailer here). Hush hush.

-CasualCart

epic!  thats fine i understand 😛  in that case  im hoping you are behind the works of the owl house or infinite train 😛  i'll let you in on something.  im actually working with john r dillworth (creator of courage the cowardly dog) on a project  that will get a public release sometime this year 😛

Edited by Nes Freak
  • Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
4 hours ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

❤️  Marvin the Martian is my most favoritest Looney Tune Character.

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Nes Freak said:

epic!  thats fine i understand 😛  in that case  im hoping you are behind the works of the owl house or infinite train 😛  i'll let you in on something.  im actually working with john r dillworth (creator of courage the cowardly dog) on a project  that will get a public release sometime this year 😛

Wow that's awesome, dude! I can't wait to see what that project is!

And unfortunately I'm not working on either of those shows - I think the animation for those is mainly outsourced to Asia rather than the US or Canada.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Wow that's awesome, dude! I can't wait to see what that project is!

And unfortunately I'm not working on either of those shows - I think the animation for those is mainly outsourced to Asia rather than the US or Canada.

-CasualCart

A lot of animation is finalized in south korea  very little is in house anymore.  its much cheaper over seas lol.  im not sure if you are in to cartoons from the 90s but if you like old cel art you can buy it off ebay.  theres a seller that officially sells all kinds of CN nick and DC comics cels from the 90s and early 2000s

its been a fun experience working with John Dillworth  the whole project started out as a joke tbh.  but he liked what i did so much that he offered me a job 😛  well its not a full time its just on my spare time really.  its gotten pretty complex cause hes gone to his vault more than once looking for the master tapes so i can do the project in the best quality.

• Like 2

Just now, Nes Freak said:

Aw that sucks...  A lot of animation is finalized in south korea  very little is in house anymore.  its much cheaper over seas lol.  im not sure if you are in to cartoons from the 90s but if you like old cel art you can buy it off ebay.  theres a seller that officially sells all kinds of CN nick and DC comics cels from the 90s and early 2000s

its been a fun experience working with John Dillworth  the whole project started out as a joke tbh.  but he liked what i did so much that he offered me a job 😛  well its not a full time its just on my spare time really.  its gotten pretty complex cause hes gone to his vault more than once looking for the master tapes so i can do the project in the best quality.  heck i even met him in new york city  wile i was on a vacation with my family

10 hours ago, Californication said:

If there is one thing I've learned in the accounting field these past 16 years is that the titles rarely make sense and are often inconsistent.  I remember working for a company about 10 years ago and our department had 3 different positions called "Accountant," "Staff Accountant," and "Senior Accountant."  Those 3 positions could not have been more different and none of the three positions really fit the title except MAYBE Staff Accountant.  But at the end of the day, the title really doesn't matter.  

26 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

If there is one thing I've learned in the accounting field these past 16 years is that the titles rarely make sense and are often inconsistent.  I remember working for a company about 10 years ago and our department had 3 different positions called "Accountant," "Staff Accountant," and "Senior Accountant."  Those 3 positions could not have been more different and none of the three positions really fit the title except MAYBE Staff Accountant.  But at the end of the day, the title really doesn't matter.  

It sounds like what Cali is doing is mostly Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). There's a pretty broad range of responsibilities that fall under the umbrella of accounting. At my previous company, I worked with FP&A a lot to incorporate actuarial forecasts into the FP projections

@Daniel_Doyce

-is correct. I am in forecasting/planning. I get that I have a title that has "Financial" because I am in budget/finance. I really just have a problem with the word Analyst. 

(If I'm being honest it also probably stems from the fact that I don't want to be in finance/budget. The position just had to much upside - good people, okay comp., stable position, and my excel has gotten pretty respectable being passed between managers/projects.)

Edited by Californication

17 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Whats your field?

Mathematics. Well, trying at least... You know, in academia being with other peers is like oxygen, given how inherently detached and fringe your day-to-day interests are. So all the pandemic and social distancing is a big obstacle right now. But I'm trying keep optimism until all of this crisis is over.

5 hours ago, sg17 said:

Mathematics. Well, trying at least... You know, in academia being with other peers is like oxygen, given how inherently detached and fringe your day-to-day interests are. So all the pandemic and social distancing is a big obstacle right now. But I'm trying keep optimism until all of this crisis is over.

Nice dude, what is your research topic? My undergrad was in math and I'm debating if my second masters should be in math or if I should just go for the PhD in education. 

I could imaging going to school with campus shut down. I was on campus, out of the house 90% of my day until I was asleep. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Nice dude, what is your research topic? My undergrad was in math and I'm debating if my second masters should be in math or if I should just go for the PhD in education. 

I could imaging going to school with campus shut down. I was on campus, out of the house 90% of my day until I was asleep. 

Very nice to find a fellow mathematician over here! I'll be very happy to discuss more.
Anyway, I pm'd with more details.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now in my final year of a Bachelor of Communications degree, and keep the lights on with student tutoring. Working towards getting a teaching diploma next year. Hopefully in 18 months time full time teaching Media, which would be very rewarding. 

Edited by NZCollector

Social Team · Posted
On 3/7/2021 at 11:32 AM, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

As a HUGE Looney Tunes fan I'm so excited to see the look of this reboot.  But if I don't see a Duck Dodgers episode you may or may not receive some unwanted ranting and raving.  

tumblr_phm6cl5iMR1wks6iyo1_540.gifv