IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

• 2 weeks later...

I still think NFTs in their current form are dumb, but I grabbed a few to try to make a quick buck. I minted 4 Dappie Gang rabbit things for 1 SOL each, then sold the two common ones for 2 SOL and 2.75 SOL to recoup my initial investment and guarantee myself a small profit. I'm going to hold onto the rare ones in case they ever blow up, although I'm not holding my breath.

Outside of that, I continue to pour my staking rewards back into Orion Protocol. They are expanding their project rapidly and just opened the world's first atomic bridge with peer-to-peer, level 1 swapping between BSC and ethereum. This avoids the problems seen with wrapping tokens that just resulted in a 300 million hack on the wormhole project.

I'm also continuing to invest in projects on the Solana network. The fees are so low that I can compound my interest almost daily if I want.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Brickman said:

It’s just taking a slight detour to $100k 😆

If you like a good chuckle at other people's expense, google LUNA right now...

I mean, I'M not laughing, of course, as that would be terribly callous and cruel. But if YOU like that sort of thing, fill yer boots! 😅😇

Looks like you had a lucky escape when you liquidated your LUNA @DoctorEncore😯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought about asking you guys if you wanted to make a VGS coin, but then in my brain I got too ambition.  At first it was a fork of a hashable coin.... then it was a fork of Nxt since it has internal features we might appreciate... then it got slightly-serious as a coin focused on connecting and using for gaming collectors and then I was like "To much work!!!!" and bailed before I even brought it up.

It was a long shower, plus the water started getting cold.

Edited by RH
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

I mean, I'M not laughing, of course, as that would be terribly callous and cruel. But if YOU like that sort of thing, fill yer boots! 😅😇

Hahaha. Sometimes you just get lucky!

Crypto crash hasn't hurt me much since I changed my investment strategy. All my coins are in liquidity pairs with USDC and USDT, so I'm still earning interest and only suffer about half the damage when the paired crypto drops.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Hahaha. Sometimes you just get lucky!

Crypto crash hasn't hurt me much since I changed my investment strategy. All my coins are in liquidity pairs with USDC and USDT, so I'm still earning interest and only suffer about half the damage when the paired crypto drops.

Just pray the bottom doesn't fall out of Tether dude... Good luck and be careful, for God's sake! 😱

Administrator · Posted
4 hours ago, OptOut said:

I know people who would read this:

The live Terra price today is $2.26 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $12,824,145,444 USD. We update our LUNA to USD price in real-time. Terra is down 92.07% in the last 24 hours.

And their main takeaway would be "13 TRILLION USD in trading volume TODAY. Crypto will never die!".

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

I know people who would read this:

The live Terra price today is $2.26 USD with a 24-hour trading volume of $12,824,145,444 USD. We update our LUNA to USD price in real-time. Terra is down 92.07% in the last 24 hours.

And their main takeaway would be "13 TRILLION USD in trading volume TODAY. Crypto will never die!".

Down 92.07? So what you are saying is it's a good time to buy 😜 

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Just pray the bottom doesn't fall out of Tether dude... Good luck and be careful, for God's sake! 😱

Yeah, that is a very real possibility that I've considered. If that happens, then almost all current crypto will go away and it will be a total reset. USDT is a powder keg waiting for a spark... just the way I like it. 😏

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted

I played the shit outta Apecoin; wish I'd put more into it. I only dropped $200 into it, but did so the moment it was available at like $10. I then sold at +150% for $350, and am super glad I did considering the current $6 price.

At this point though I've liquidated my crypto assets entirely, and again glad I did so; I'd be out thousands right now instead of a few hundred from the first big dip.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the coinbase stock has tanked to near $50.  I moved my shares a while ago for another opportunity, but at $50, I think it's about time to get back in.  Crypto is super low right now and it's going to be a blood bath of dead coins after this, but fundamentally I still doubt that cryptocurrency will go any where and as always, people will take their peanuts after this and probably move it into BTC if they stay in this.  Rinse and repeat the up-down cycle of crypto and Coinbase can profit from the ups and downs.

I am going to get back into COIN but I think I'm going to wait for maybe $40.