IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

19 hours ago, SilverspoonGaming said:

I have been losing my ass on Shiba for a couple months so I transferred it all to Solara today.

I think this is a smart move. It won't see the crazy swings of SHIBA, but $200 within a couple months seems likely. I'm buying a bit more every day. As with all my crypto, it's paired with USDC to reduce my exposure and limit my loses all while continuing to liquidity mine. My SOL-USDC only dropped about 15% over the same  period that SOL dropped over 30%.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think this is a smart move. It won't see the crazy swings of SHIBA, but $200 within a couple months seems likely. I'm buying a bit more every day. As with all my crypto, it's paired with USDC to reduce my exposure and limit my loses all while continuing to liquidity mine. My SOL-USDC only dropped about 15% over the same  period that SOL dropped over 30%.

All of these recent network issues aren't helping the price, especially with everything else being down. If they get everything fixed soon, I could see it bouncing back rather quickly.

On 1/8/2022 at 3:14 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Do you have any ANKR? I've seen it mentioned quite a bit lately.

15 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Crypto.com got hacked today. Get a wallet and get your coins off exchanges people.

https://www.newsbtc.com/crypto/crypto-com-cro-restricts-withdrawals-for-all-users-after-succumbing-to-hack/

Oof!!!

Man, crypto is SUCH a fucking shitshow, lol! Zero security, zero protections for the end user. No refunds, no guarantees, no nothing!

If you crypto bros actually want REAL human beings to start taking this shit seriously, you are gonna have to do WAY more to assure people that they are gonna not wake up one morning and find their life savings just flat out GONE.

Such a joke!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, OptOut said:

Oof!!!

Man, crypto is SUCH a fucking shitshow, lol! Zero security, zero protections for the end user. No refunds, no guarantees, no nothing!

If you crypto bros actually want REAL human beings to start taking this shit seriously, you are gonna have to do WAY more to assure people that they are gonna not wake up one morning and find their life savings just flat out GONE.

Such a joke!

I was watching a beanie baby documentary the other day and all I could think of was this sounds similar to NFTs and crypto haha.

All hype over something artificially created by grifters, rich people, money laundering and get rich schemes. You’ve even got bloody Matt Damon trying to flog some sort of crypto product. Probably hit peak craziness when the celebrities get involved so they can unload at the top.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

Oof!!!

Such a joke!

You can set up an offline wallet where only you can access your funds, but the get rich quick traders leave their coins on the exchanges where you are just one hack away from getting cleaned out. 

29 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You can set up an offline wallet where only you can access your funds, but the get rich quick traders leave their coins on the exchanges where you are just one hack away from getting cleaned out. 

Sounds like a hassle setting one of those up... What if I lose it? If I lose my credit card I just phone the bank and they send me another the next day.

Crypto has a HUGE way to go in terms of convenience, security, and accessibility for the normal person, it's really necessary if it's ever going to do all the fancy things and change the world like the bros claim.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Sounds like a hassle setting one of those up... What if I lose it? If I lose my credit card I just phone the bank and they send me another the next day.

Crypto has a HUGE way to go in terms of convenience, security, and accessibility for the normal person, it's really necessary if it's ever going to do all the fancy things and change the world like the bros claim.

I have a TREZOR wallet; it's still in the box from August when I bought it. All I read are horror stories of people synching it wrong/it glitching and deleting data on you, etc. I also got a Raspberry PI 4GB kit, but haven't set that up either LOL. I think we're due for a crypto market crash, then it'll rocket up again. The market and general I think is about to dip, and people are going to panic pull out of crypto as the price dives. That's when it's time to buy!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, OptOut said:

If you lose your wallet, you can get another one and recover your funds with your private key. It's not as complicated as it sounds and it's safer than leaving your funds on an exchange that can get hacked or they can randomly lock your account because you did something to displease one of their algorithms.

@OptOut Here's a quick explanation.

A seed phrase is a series of words generated by your cryptocurrency wallet that give you access to the crypto associated with that wallet. Think of a wallet as being similar to a password manager for crypto, and the seed phrase as being like the master password. As long as you have your seed phrase, you’ll have access to all of the crypto associated with the wallet that generated the phrase — even if you delete or lose the wallet.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Thanks 1