IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 2:02 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Nice. I still love it long term. I've lost faith in Cardano and have migrated to Solana heavily.

Are you still holding onto your solana? The network has been having issues for about two weeks now which isn't exactly reassuring, but hopefully they are working on ways to reduce the congestion.

6 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are you still holding onto your solana? The network has been having issues for about two weeks now which isn't exactly reassuring, but hopefully they are working on ways to reduce the congestion.

Definitely some growing pains on Solana, but it's expanding really fast. I moved my SOL over to Larix and paired it with USDC to liquidity mine at 35% APR. Yield farming is my new favorite crypto activity.

14 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Definitely some growing pains on Solana, but it's expanding really fast. I moved my SOL over to Larix and paired it with USDC to liquidity mine at 35% APR. Yield farming is my new favorite crypto activity.

That's probably the way to go with the market being relatively flat lately.

1 hour ago, Code Monkey said:

I bought 4 more at $153, I only wanted 10 but had to split it because of my restrictions for daily purchases in my wallet. It only lets me spend $1500 per day. I have my 10 now so I'll keep those for a decade.

I've got 50 now at an average around $155 so I should be good.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've got 50 now at an average around $155 so I should be good.

Richie Rich ballin' over here. I'm curious how you purchase, I'm limited to $1500 per day plus Coinbase charges a fee plus my bank charges me $7.5 for a cash advance fee because it's purchasing currency even though the federal government says it's not currency.

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I believe Solana could replace Ethereum if NFT marketplaces adopt it but we all know where I think NFT is going.

Liberal projections show Solana hitting $10,000.

Whoa you're into NFTs? Tell me more!

Heh.

(clarity: I am literally producing NFTs for clients, I'm neither here nor there on the matter)

49 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Richie Rich ballin' over here. I'm curious how you purchase, I'm limited to $1500 per day plus Coinbase charges a fee plus my bank charges me $7.5 for a cash advance fee because it's purchasing currency even though the federal government says it's not currency.

Once you get your money out of centralized exchanges, you can buy unlimited SOL on decentralized exchanges like Raydium or directly through many wallets. The biggest problem is just getting money into your SOL wallet while avoiding all the excessive fees of cross-chain transfers. Binance is pretty good for swapping between chains and then sending money or SOL to your wallet.

2 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I have my bank account linked with Coinbase and I have a $100k daily limit. I'm not sure how they figure out the limits. My debit card had a $5000 limit and the other day it randomly went down to $3000, but if I use Google Pay with the same card, it's $5000.

Edit: I just checked and now my Google Pay limit is $3000 too, but my bank account limit is still $100k. I don't even have a limit for wire transfers which will come in handy if I ever win the lottery and want to convert it to bitcoin.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug