IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Having Bitcoin and Ethereum accepted around the world, convertible to almost any local currency, is as much of a standard as anyone should hope for. You can swap your money to Bitcoin right now, send it with a small fee and call it a day. You might get dinged by your local anti-money laundering laws if you are sending to a total stranger, but otherwise the service you are asking for already exists.

No way dude, it's super complicated and risky. I have no idea where to start, and I don't know anything about it!

I want crypto for dummies, that's safe and easy to use, that has a stable value and EVERYONE uses. I wouldn't touch the current crypto set up with a 20 foot pole, everyone getting ripped off you got people killing themselves, it's a travesty!

I don't mind waiting for the government to make their own crypto, I reckon that's when we'll actually see normal people start to use it. I don't want to forget my password one day or send to the wrong person and find my lifesavings drained, it's really terrifying honestly.

21 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I haven't been totally devastated since I don't own any bitcoin and keep half of all my crypto in stable coins for liquidity mining. That being said, I'm probably down just as far on crypto as I am on my risky stocks, probably in the 30-50% range. It's rough out there.

I still think Solana is the way to go. It's one of the least decentralized and has quite a few corporate backers. Yeah, it's not the dream DeFi that we all want, but it's background gives it a lot more likelihood of survival. I've also been slowly accumulating some Fantom.

I still have my bitcoin, but I'm only slightly up compared to where I was last November. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 8:32 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I haven't been totally devastated since I don't own any bitcoin and keep half of all my crypto in stable coins for liquidity mining. That being said, I'm probably down just as far on crypto as I am on my risky stocks, probably in the 30-50% range. It's rough out there.

I still think Solana is the way to go. It's one of the least decentralized and has quite a few corporate backers. Yeah, it's not the dream DeFi that we all want, but it's background gives it a lot more likelihood of survival. I've also been slowly accumulating some Fantom.

What are you into now? Everything is still relatively low from the highs of last fall. 

13 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

What are you into now? Everything is still relatively low from the highs of last fall. 

Man, I decided to completely ignore crypto and just hold. I'm still sitting on BNB-USDT, Orion-USDT, SOL, Fantom, and a bit of ETH. I'm not buying anything right now. I might actually make a few trades just to actualized my losses for tax purposes.

On 9/11/2022 at 8:29 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Man, I decided to completely ignore crypto and just hold. I'm still sitting on BNB-USDT, Orion-USDT, SOL, Fantom, and a bit of ETH. I'm not buying anything right now. I might actually make a few trades just to actualized my losses for tax purposes.

I've got about a 60/40 BTC/ETH mix now. With the Ethereum upgrade happening in the next few days, I had read that there may be a fork with a seperate chain staying with Proof of Work and a possibility of ETH holders being airdropped the new token. It was estimated to be worth about 3% of the current ETH price and I've got a little over 10 ETH, so that would still be about $500 in free tokens.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Will you be staking your ETH after the conversion to proof of stake went through last night? It looks like Coinbase already has it, but I'm not seeing the option in my wallet yet.

I got out of Solana back when it was around $200 and their network kept going down. Now you can get about 40 Solana for the same price as one ETH. I'm interested in how bullish you are on Solana currently, especially with ETH switching over to proof of stake. It seems like there is a lot of upside price wise, but I'm not sure how much adoption it's going to take away from ETH if they can get the gas fees down.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug