IGNORED

Cryptocurrency thread

phart010

20 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I got out of Solana back when it was around $200 and their network kept going down. Now you can get about 40 Solana for the same price as one ETH. I'm interested in how bullish you are on Solana currently, especially with ETH switching over to proof of stake. It seems like there is a lot of upside price wise, but I'm not sure how much adoption it's going to take away from ETH if they can get the gas fees down.

Let's just say that I'm not buying any more Solana, haha. I still think it has a decent shot at long term viability due to all the institutional money that has been poured into it, but it definitely sucks right now. Crypto market is anybody's game right now. It could be one of the survivors from this winter or a whole new player that takes over.

4 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Let's just say that I'm not buying any more Solana, haha. I still think it has a decent shot at long term viability due to all the institutional money that has been poured into it, but it definitely sucks right now. Crypto market is anybody's game right now. It could be one of the survivors from this winter or a whole new player that takes over.

I just have bitcoin and ethereum at the moment. If Solana got back to $250, that would be a good profit at the current prices, but I'm not sure that is going to happen anytime soon.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:33 AM, DoctorEncore said:

Well, I bought some more Solana and the network crashed again. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/decrypt.co/111021/ethereum-killer-solana-suffers-another-major-outage%3famp=1

• 1 month later...
Administrator · Posted
On 10/6/2021 at 3:15 PM, Code Monkey said:

Long term?

Storj and Filecoin have a long way to go up, both platforms will become very useful as developers start looking for ways to put file storage on the blockchain.

I do think Dogecoin is going to blow for all of the wrong reasons. It's a useless coin but it's so cool with people that there was actually a petition a few weeks ago for AMC to add it to their list of digital currency payments. Now with Dolce And Gabanna getting into it, that and SHIB are just going to go up for no reason at all.

Bitcoin will be over 6 figures as it slides into the same valuation that gold currently has, it's slowly becoming a long term hold investment like gold.

Ether, I think, will be a 5 figure coin very soon. I work with the blockchain professionally and almost everything I do is on the Ethereum chain. Some people speculate it will surpass Bitcoin and I could actually see that but both are different platforms. Bitcoin is a currency while Ethereum is a chain for contract deployment, not the same thing. Once Ethereum deploys its ETH2 protocol to move into proof of stake instead of proof of work, it will double almost instantly. Companies are staying away because it's bad for the environment but that will change once ETH2 is released.

TRX on the Tron blockchain is already superior in technology to Ethereum, it can process more transactions at a faster rate for lower gas fees because it's already proof of stake. TRX is everything Ethereum wants to be, it just doesn't have the support of big developers like Opensea and NFT makers. They're like the Beta or HD DVD of blockchains, superior technology but no marketing and once people realize what's sitting there available for use, it will blow. And right now it's at 10 cents.

Source: I have 100 STORJ, 3 Filecoin, 2000 Dogecoin, XX Bitcoin, a small amount of Ether and 1000 TRX.

Cardano's ADA and Ripple's XRP will also blow soon but they already had a big push this year and everyone knows how popular they are. Cardano is also everything Ethereum wishes it was.

A year and a bit later:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Storj: 100 x 1.36 (now 0.3592)
Filecoin: 3 x 71.8 (now 4.61)
Doge: 2000 x 0.25 (now 0.08655)
BTC: XX (double digits - assume 50) x 55.3k (now 18.3k)
ETH: X ("small amount" - assume 10) x 3577 (now 1321)
Tron: 1000 x 0.096 (now 0.05754)

Had I bought on October 6th the amount that Code Monkey said he had at the time of this post...
Cost: 136 + 215.4 + 500 + 2765000 + 35770 + 96 = $2,801,717.40 USD
Today's value: 35.92 + 13.83 + 173.10 + 915000 + 13210 + 57.53 = $928,490.38 USD

... I'd be out $1,873,227.02 USD assuming I diamond handsdededed it.

That said, he did say "long term" and didn't clarify what that horizon was, and to be totally clear this is just a fun thought experiment, not a HAHA LOOK AT CODE MONKEY HE DOESN'T HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL LOL WHAT A LOSER kinda deal. Just interesting to me to do some math this bright afternoon.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

A year and a bit later:

Storj: 100 x 1.36 (now 0.3592)
Filecoin: 3 x 71.8 (now 4.61)
Doge: 2000 x 0.25 (now 0.08655)
BTC: XX (double digits - assume 50) x 55.3k (now 18.3k)
ETH: X ("small amount" - assume 10) x 3577 (now 1321)
Tron: 1000 x 0.096 (now 0.05754)

Had I bought on October 6th the amount that Code Monkey said he had at the time of this post...
Cost: 136 + 215.4 + 500 + 2765000 + 35770 + 96 = $2,801,717.40 USD
Today's value: 35.92 + 13.83 + 173.10 + 915000 + 13210 + 57.53 = $928,490.38 USD

... I'd be out $1,873,227.02 USD assuming I diamond handsdededed it.

That said, he did say "long term" and didn't clarify what that horizon was, and to be totally clear this is just a fun thought experiment, not a HAHA LOOK AT CODE MONKEY HE DOESN'T HAVE A CRYSTAL BALL LOL WHAT A LOSER kinda deal. Just interesting to me to do some math this bright afternoon.

Dude, don't remind me. For a few months I was getting paid every 2 weeks from work and it was less than the amount I lost in my cryptocurrency wallet. I bought all of these (except BTC) for $5000 CAD and now it's worth $1100, I still haven't sold any. I bought almost at the peak.

However, the total cost for all of my Bitcoin was $6000 USD in 2014 so I'm not too upset about it. I'm more upset that I ALMOST became a millionaire (CAD) for the first time in my life at the peak in 2021. Now I'm just a lowly single comma-er that still has to work.

And you over estimated, Bitcoin quantity is 10 and Ether is like 0.0002 or something like that, if I even have any left. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Dude, don't remind me. For a few months I was getting paid every 2 weeks from work and it was less than the amount I lost in my cryptocurrency wallet. I bought all of these (except BTC) for $5000 CAD and now it's worth $1100, I still haven't sold any. I bought almost at the peak.

However, the total cost for all of my Bitcoin was $6000 USD in 2014 so I'm not too upset about it. I'm more upset that I ALMOST became a millionaire (CAD) for the first time in my life at the peak in 2021. Now I'm just a lowly single comma-er that still has to work.

And you over estimated, Bitcoin quantity is 10 and Ether is like 0.0002 or something like that, if I even have any left. 

Aaaahhh fair enough re: BTC and ETH; I took the middle of the potential given the information at hand.

Honestly man, legit sorry you didn't get that proverbial bag. I didn't have the funds nor foresight to go hard into BTC in the two times I had the "chance" and awareness which could have had me going "I should invest in this", but c'est la vie.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Aaaahhh fair enough re: BTC and ETH; I took the middle of the potential given the information at hand.

Honestly man, legit sorry you didn't get that proverbial bag. I didn't have the funds nor foresight to go hard into BTC in the two times I had the "chance" and awareness which could have had me going "I should invest in this", but c'est la vie.

I didn't either, but if I kept all of my NES games sealed as a kid instead of playing them, I'd be a multi millionaire. I don't lose sleep over that, so I'm not too upset about this since it could still bounce back eventually.

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I didn't either, but if I kept all of my NES games sealed as a kid instead of playing them, I'd be a multi millionaire. I don't lose sleep over that, so I'm not too upset about this since it could still bounce back eventually.

We'll get there man, you and me, the Dougs.