IGNORED

POLL: Who do you expect will win? (NOT who do you want to win)

phart010

Who do you expect will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect will win?

• Donald John Trump
    • Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

9 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

Whats that have to do with anything? Biden isnt inaugerated till January. Pandemic sure didnt matter for the buddies you have out there celebrating in the street.

Yea the perpetual Trump rallies have shown how the Trump team really felt disregard about social distancing policies.

The support for mail in ballots was supposed to symbolize the left’s more careful approach to social distance. But I agree the victory celebrations kinda flopped things and just handed more ammo to right wingers in their argument:

76FD78AE-2CA5-47FD-BBCE-FAB2C3D13A0D.thumb.jpeg.4966e6a575b8e1032fb3af6149a8f267.jpeg

It’s no surprise that the country is looking like it may have to shut down again 😤

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, phart010 said:

But I agree the victory celebrations kinda flopped things and just handed more ammo to right wingers in their argument

I would replace right wingers with every sane individual. My local hospital has 2 people for spaces that were designed to hold one. My friends wife saw 89 people in the ED last night. The hospital is being designated as a BLACK zone. And this is in a county of about 300k with a daily average of 100-150 confirmed cases. 

If you're partying right now, you're basically ignoring the elephant in the room, which was not the presidency race. It's the virus that is having people in italy right now getting oxygen from their cars bc the hospitals are too full. O

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I would replace right wingers with every sane individual. My local hospital has 2 people for spaces that were designed to hold one. My friends wife saw 89 people in the ED last night. The hospital is being designated as a BLACK zone. And this is in a county of about 300k with a daily average of 100-150 confirmed cases. 

If you're partying right now, you're basically ignoring the elephant in the room, which was not the presidency race. It's the virus that is having people in italy right now getting oxygen from their cars bc the hospitals are too full. O

Both sides are guilty when it comes to spreading the virus. Be it protests, rallies, celebrations or whatever. But the right wingers insisting on election fraud feel validated when they see gatherings by some of the same people that insisted we need mail in ballots to reduce the spread.

3 minutes ago, phart010 said:

But the right wingers insisting on election fraud feel validated when they see gatherings by some of the same people that insisted we need mail in ballots to reduce the spread.

Both sides needs to stop w the election nonsense. I remember 4 years of one side saying russia was the reason trump was president. Now we're in for 4 years of the other side saying voter fraud is the reason Biden is president.

Here's a wild idea. Maybe our election system work ok and any meddling or fraud claims media narratives contrived by think tanks? 

Someone needs to take the high road and hold the legitmacy of our elections. It wasn't the left last time. It's not looking like it's gna be the right this time. So who's left? Will we, as regular folks, believe in our elections or will be subscribe to a narrative that's been spelled out for us by our media?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Both sides needs to stop w the election nonsense. I remember 4 years of one side saying russia was the reason trump was president. Now we're in for 4 years of the other side saying voter fraud is the reason Biden is president.

Here's a wild idea. Maybe our election system work ok and any meddling or fraud claims media narratives contrived by think tanks? 

Someone needs to take the high road and hold the legitmacy of our elections. It wasn't the left last time. It's not looking like it's gna be the right this time. So who's left? Will we, as regular folks, believe in our elections or will be subscribe to a narrative that's been spelled out for us by our media?

Regular folks (politically speaking) are becoming a rare thing these days. Everyone I know that has any political understanding is pretty polarized right now. The only people who seem to be “regular” are those who are ignorant of politics and just don’t care.

Bloomberg has reported that 70% of Republicans suspect election tampering. That’s a significant enough portion of the population to be considered regular people.

I agree with you. I think the division is deliberately planned by think tanks. Sensationalized media is like a drug and we as a population are becoming desensitized to its effects. So they have to keep increasing the dose and it’s making the general population more and more radicalized.

Maybe what the country needs right now is for everyone on both sides to turn off the tv and stop watching political programming.

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Bloomberg has reported that 70% of Republicans suspect election tampering. That’s a significant enough portion of the population to be considered regular people.

Maybe what the country needs right now is for everyone on both sides to turn off the tv and stop watching political programming.

Around 35% of democrats trusted the results of the 2016 election. It's a big problem on both sides 

I definitely agree. I feel like people just need to go out of their way to look at stories from both sides because our media outlets on their own are not objective enough to trust.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, The Strangest said:

Yeah they’re so concerned that Trump has been golfing and Pence is on vacation. That’s what I’d do if I believed the very fabric of the country I’m running was under threat.

I’m still waiting for Obama to come take my guns. We were told if we didn’t vote for McCain or Romney that he would get rid of the Second Amendment. I really like the 1911 I got the other day though so I hope he lets us keep them just a little longer.

Dude, it is so fucking stupid.  Montana has - no joke - about 11 million guns, ten per capita.  Our family alone has a dozen.  I have my shotguns, pistols, ARs, etc.  That's just how it is here.  But you don't see me freaking out that government agents are gonna come door-to-door taking them because that MAKES NO SENSE.  Yet that is a hot button issue here every single damn year.  They're gunna take 'ur guns. 

And so here we are, with literally no laws about maybe trying to screen mentally ill people from purchasing them.  Because the NRA has people so brainwashed.

• Like 6

People are also ignoring the fact that Trump literally said the following on Feb. 28, 2018.

"take the guns first, go through due process second. - Donald Trump”

Oh, and here it is as video proof: (skip to around the 55 second mark)

Then on Dec. 18, 2018 he banned bump stocks. MEANING, if you owned one prior to this date and refused to turn it in, then congratulations on being a criminal.

Edit: I just checked. You aren't merely a criminal by owning a bump stock. You are actually a FELON. Violation of this federal ban also comes with a $250,000 fine and 10-year prison term.

Oops.

P.S. a simple 2 cent rubber band can be fashioned as a bump stock. Don't own rubber bands if you own a gun.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

People are also ignoring the fact that Trump literally said the following on Feb. 28, 2018.

"take the guns first, go through due process second. - Donald Trump”

Oh, and here it is as video proof: (skip to around the 55 second mark)

Then on Dec. 18, 2018 he banned bump stocks. MEANING, if you owned one prior to this date and refused to turn it in, then congratulations on being a criminal.

Edit: I just checked. You aren't merely a criminal by owning a bump stock. You are actually a FELON. Violation of this federal ban also comes with a $250,000 fine and 10-year prison term.

Oops.

P.S. a simple 2 cent rubber band can be fashioned as a bump stock. Don't own rubber bands if you own a gun.

Trump has done more to regulate firearms than Obama. That’s an “own” toward both political parties.

• Wow! 1

43 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Trump has done more to regulate firearms than Obama. That’s an “own” toward both political parties.

There is probably a profitable coffee table book as a companion to the Covfefe Table Book I joked about called "Could you Imagine if Obama did that?"

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

2 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

People that support Trump ignore an immense amount of what he says and does.  Should come as no surprise.

This to me is the strangest thing. People defend his right to investigate the election results but ignore the fact that he was tweeting "stop counting votes" and encouraging voter suppression like that is normal. Seems completely delusional to me. 

Even if I was a hardcore Republican I'd still think Trump is a complete dumbass that is likely doing more damage to the party than good. Although not exactly the same, we saw a similar thing with Harper and the Conservative party in Canada... Brought them further to the right and as a consequence the political party was fragmented and suffered as a whole. 

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1

I'm not American, but this is all very amusing, and I can't get over one giant observation I keep having: TV is all anti-Trump, famous people are all anti-Trump, newspapers, radio, all media, just about every person I talk to in real life, on forums etc, just about everyone in this thread, all anti-Trump.  If I had just awakened from a coma, my assumption would be that Trump got somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1 - 2% of the popular vote.  But he got like 45% of the popular vote!!!!!!  Just under half of ALL AMERICANS voted for him!!!  Where are these people?  Why aren't 45% of the people in this thread pro-Trump?  It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in politics.  Even the pollsters were wrong in the US.... twice!  Can some smart 'Murican explain this to me, please!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I'm not American, but this is all very amusing, and I can't get over one giant observation I keep having: TV is all anti-Trump, famous people are all anti-Trump, newspapers, radio, all media, just about every person I talk to in real life, on forums etc, just about everyone in this thread, all anti-Trump.  If I had just awakened from a coma, my assumption would be that Trump got somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1 - 2% of the popular vote.  But he got like 45% of the popular vote!!!!!!  Just under half of ALL AMERICANS voted for him!!!  Where are these people?  Why aren't 45% of the people in this thread pro-Trump?  It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen in politics.  Even the pollsters were wrong in the US.... twice!  Can some smart 'Murican explain this to me, please!!!

People are around all over here. But the demographic of the type of person here stereotypically is a liberal. 

Another reason being conservative leaning people usually dont feel the need to chat about their politics so much. Especially to a crowd of liberals

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Even with this being a record turnout, it is only something like 65% of eligible voters, so quite a few less than half actually voted for him.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

But then wouldn't the same hold true for Biden?

Yes, completely valid.  Just saying, that in trying to think better of one's fellow man, one can HOPE that the fraction of those that voted for Trump don't linearly extrapolate to the general population.  (there are a large group of people that either aren't motivated one way or the other, or don't turn out because they think their vote doesn't count because of the "color of their state")

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

But he got like 45% of the popular vote!!!!!!  Just under half of ALL AMERICANS voted for him!!! 

It's not all Americans. Combined the two got about 149 million votes. The US population is roughly 330 million. Now a good chunk of that number are kids and people not registered to vote, but a significant number of registered voters didn't vote, either. We had a higher than average turnout this time around, but it wasn't near 100% of voters, let alone Americans.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Over the past 4 years the liberal media has kind of accomplished making support for Donald Trump synonymous to racism. Nobody in America wants to be thought of as a racist, it’s quite a serious allegation over here. So many moderate Trump supporters have taken to hiding in the closet over the past few years. 

My boss was a pretty vocal supporter but ever since the George Floyd events went down, he does his best to not talk politics. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

There are a few people I know that held their nose in favor of Trump. They voted strictly out of party policy and ignored the rhetoric.

• Wow! 1