IGNORED

Battle Toads reproduction from iam8bit

Sorry iam8bit, I don't have time for your $100 fake limited games when I could spent $100 on a Mario Sunshine today and it might be worth $200 next week. But for real from a collectibillity standpoint in 2 years who is going to want this thing vs. a nice real CIB Battletoads for NES?

Edited by DefaultGen
  • Like 9

They do love to feed the sucker fishies don't they?  $100 for that is just ridiculous.  I don't see how they're doing anything really any more special than any fly by night "repro" (Bootleg) maker in the last decade who make the whole complete boxed package.  I've got to wonder what their costs are as that profit margin at a $100 has to be pretty solid.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

They do love to feed the sucker fishies don't they?  $100 for that is just ridiculous.  I don't see how they're doing anything really any more special than any fly by night "repro" (Bootleg) maker in the last decade who make the whole complete boxed package.  I've got to wonder what their costs are as that profit margin at a $100 has to be pretty solid.

At the least, they have the license.

Honestly that's where much of the markup likely sits. I doubt they're making THAT much off these.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Sorry iam8bit, I don't have time for your $100 fake limited games when I could spent $100 on a Mario Sunshine today and it might be worth $200 next week. But for real from a collectibillity standpoint in 2 years who is going to want this thing vs. a nice real CIB Battletoads for NES?

But the iNvEsToRs of the gaming world can snag these for a measly $100 and keep them sealed and then they’ll totally get a high grade when they send it to WATA.

Edited by The Strangest

It looks pretty awesome to me and glad they keep making these.. but $100!?

I hope they added some extra levels or something, because that’s out of my range for this game and I’m the target audience for these. I’ve bought several of these retro rereleased games. $100 for Megaman is a hard stretch, for Battletoads, it’s not happening.

Also, I would hope to not be the lucky person to find the brown cart, green looks much better in my opinion.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:05 AM, BortLicensePlate said:

They should do something cool. Like sweet home, I'd buy that

I couldn't agree more.

I mean, I don't mind them doing a money-grab like Battletoads, because after all, they need to make money. BUT, if they could get an authorized version of a game like Sweet Home... I would say that would be a home run (see what I did there 😉

Seriously, we need more games like Holy Diver which were never released here in the North America to make their way over as "legacy" cartridges in beautiful collector's editions! 

• Thanks 1

I doubt Nintendo would want to participate with any of their IP. 

But all the other publishers seem to be more open to these retro re-releases with their IP. With Capcom and Irem already onboard, there’s no reason why we can’t have Sweet Home, Corcoran, Hammerin Harry, and Kung Fu 2 (Spartan X2). It’s just a matter of time.. if they don’t  make these it’s a missed opportunity.

If someone could reach out to Konami (including Hudson) you could finally get an “official” NA release Getty’s Fuumaden, Kid Dracula, Gradius 2, Adventure island 4

And of course Sunsoft could give us a Mr Gimmick And Sunman.. why not, they are already putting their games on these cheapo emulator machines in Walmart..

Edited by phart010
  • Like 3