IGNORED

America’s 2020 election (NOW with polls!)

Link

Who will win America’s 2020 presidential election?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • other
  2. 2. Who will you vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • Vermin Supreme
    • Alfred E. Neuman

1 minute ago, captmorgandrinker said:

But look how it made you initially react?   And I know you're an intelligent person.

I don't have a political dog in this fight, but stuff like that which is instantly jumped upon as gospel is a huge media issue these days.

Another example- on this very site, we had some moron post a swastika in something here a few days ago.   Does that make VGS as a whole instantly lean that way, or is it just the actions of one rogue idiot that was corrected as soon as possible?

I reacted more on the picture of the policy than Trump’s tweet. Like I said earlier, the political gear ban didn’t bother me so I wasn’t thinking of it from Trump’s angle. Totally agree about the Media and people’s reactions, including my own at times. 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Silent Hill said:

I reacted more on the picture of the policy than Trump’s tweet. Like I said earlier, the political gear ban didn’t bother me so I wasn’t thinking of it from Trump’s angle. Totally agree about the Media and people’s reactions, including my own at times. 

I'll freely admit that happened to me too with the MAGA hat kid and the Native American until all the facts came out.

Now I don't fucking believe anything until several days later.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted

You know what's pathetic?  That slide was probably whipped out by the Russians in five seconds as a part of their "destabilizing America" campaign.

And then I'm sure it was shared on Facebook and Twitter about 50,000,000 times by all of the gullible dipshits that think a meme is news.  Including our embarrassing dipshit of a president.

That's how badly they own us with this stuff right now.  We are so vulnerable to social media its a joke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

You know what's pathetic?  That slide was probably whipped out by the Russians in five seconds as a part of their "destabilizing America" campaign.

And then I'm sure it was shared on Facebook and Twitter about 50,000,000 times by all of the gullible dipshits that think a meme is news.  Including our embarrassing dipshit of a president.

That's how badly they own us with this stuff  right now.  We are so vulnerable to social media its a joke.

It took me about half a minute and a simple Google search to find Goodyear corporate's statement on that slide, but I suspect most people won't do that much.

8 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That's how badly they own us with this stuff right now.  We are so vulnerable to social media its a joke.

Look how easily POTUS was manipulated too. Fucking embarrassing. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Are the cities considered more liberal?

Cleveland and Columbus, plus Akron and Canton (fairly large cities) are definitely more liberal than conservative.  It's weird though, where I live a few suburbs north of Akron is pretty mixed, but the conservatives aren't your normal Trump people (no maga hats/signs but will most likely vote for him for financial reasons)

I live in California and have the Uber App on my phone and yesterday or the day before they sent me a notification saying something like: Uber may be suspending servixe in your area. Today they sent me a notification that says, "Ride sharing will continue in California for now." 

I use Uber regularly and I just gotta say, Fuck Uber. They got a crooked ass business model and if its not viable when they have to follow the law then that is their problem. Whiny ass corporation. 

That second notification sounds like a threat.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1237438

"President Donald Trump’s embrace of QAnon is drawing backlash from some prominent Republicans, who say his comments Wednesday on the group that believes he is saving the world from a satanic cult of pedophiles and cannibals have "no place" in the party.

Trump declined Wednesday to disavow the QAnon movement, saying that the followers of the extreme conspiracy theory are “people who love our country.""

2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

I don’t care about the ban on political items, but allowing BLM while banning Blue Lives Matter or All Lives Matter isn’t something I agree with, plus BLM clearly implies political affiliation. Goodyear can do whatever they want, but I bet many employees aren’t thrilled about it. 

i was gonna make a joke about being surprised that "stop murdering black people" was not a universal position but at this point it's pretty clear you're right

Administrator · Posted

I know that a 'new normal' / new baseline has emerged through our current president's statements, but if we can just take a step back for a few minutes, and analyze the situation objectively - how crazy is it that the United States president literally called for the BOYCOTT of an American company, because of misinformation and a viral image that spread around, without doing any research or follow-up to determine the veracity of the image or the context of the situation?

You would think that someone who has spent years screaming "fake news" at people, creating a mantra that has been disturbingly effective, wouldn't be so susceptible to something like this, but yet, here we are.  Not only did he fall for what is, in a way, "fake news," but he issued a call for action based on that, without verification of facts - and that call led to immediate ramifications such as the short-term fall of their stock price, and likely many individuals who will follow his advice to boycott the company, without doing any follow-up research and verification.

This is just ONE example of a situation where the president of the United States, made a public statement to the country, impacting many other people, without critical thinking or analysis.

It doesn't matter that it was a tweet versus an official proclamation from the president.  His words have power.  The power to change lives and influence others, in ways far stronger than most of the rest of us.  And for someone whose position carries along with it such amazing and incredible power, he should be more careful with his words and have respect for that power and his position.  

When I make a post here in a gaming forum, I often take just a moment to gather my thoughts or think about what I want to say, or what I want to get across.  Or if I'm not sure about something, maybe I'll check myself first.  And if I make a mistake, I'll either apologize or correct it.  And that is me, a random individual, talking about a gaming forum.  I have more respect for this platform, and more restraint and analysis, regarding what I say and how I say it, and the message it gets across, here, than the current president of the United States has with platforms where he communicates with millions of our citizens.  There is something incredibly disturbing about that.  

This is not a Democrat or Republican thing.  For me, this is a criticism and concern I have about THIS individual.  It is incredibly disappointing.

• Like 6

Events Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

And then I'm sure it was shared on Facebook and Twitter about 50,000,000 times by all of the gullible dipshits that think a meme is news.

Where else am I supposed to get my news from?!  I know The Onion is reputable, but I can't be bothered to read that much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

That's why you don't enable people to run political activism through your company because it's inevitable that you'll get tangled up in bullshit instead of getting the item sold. Goodyear seem to have made the right call but were an unfortunate casualty in the fuckery that has already been established where everyone is supposed to have a platform to run their personal shit... others are gonna run theirs too and be opposed to yours. So instead of people using the fucking tire you'll become a sideshow battleground for whether you like or dislike Trump as if the tire itself was having opinions.

56 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Trump himself just proved that even when you try not to be political, he'll make it political.

Fuckhead needs to be booted out.

Trump's politics get the least representation when it comes to social and political activism so i think it's pretty safe to say that a cultural paradigm where an issue like that with Goodyear arises is not his political contribution. He's politicising it yes but he hasn't laid the actual foundation for it to happen, this notion where every person and company should run around and have statements has generally speaking been enabled by the left.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cartman said:

Trump's politics get the least representation when it comes to social and political activism so i think it's pretty safe to say that a cultural paradigm where an issue like that with Goodyear arises is not his political contribution. He's politicising it yes but he hasn't laid the actual foundation for it to happen, this notion where every person and company should run around and have statements has generally speaking been enabled by the left.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Trump will play up cancel culture if it benefits him.

He gets tons of attention and political activism from his tweets. His supporters hang on his every word and will boycott something just as easily as anything the left does. He can even manipulate the stock market with a tweet. You just haven't been paying attention.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/04/02/news/companies/amazon-stock-trump/index.html

And if you think cancel culture and boycotting was started by the left, you haven't seen most of the moral outrages. The right can get just as much in a tizzy.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Are you fucking kidding me?

Trump will play up cancel culture if it benefits him.

He gets tons of attention and political activism from his tweets. His supporters hang on his every word and will boycott something just as easily as anything the left does. He can even manipulate the stock market with a tweet. You just haven't been paying attention.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/04/02/news/companies/amazon-stock-trump/index.html

And if you think cancel culture and boycotting was started by the left, you haven't seen most of the moral outrages. The right can get just as much in a tizzy.

His tweets are his personal voice that's not the same as organizations or celebrities taking a stance that resemble his politics. I'm talking about outsiders using the public space to promote activism where it doesn't really concern their job, that type of thing isn't really something that Trump created by having the occassional supporter wear a MAGA when he shouldn't (when representing the company he works at).

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cartman said:

His tweets are his personal voice that's not the same as organizations or celebrities taking a stance that resemble his politics. I'm talking about outsiders using the public space to promote activism where it doesn't really concern their job, that type of thing isn't really something that Trump created by having the occassional supporter wear a MAGA when he shouldn't (when representing the company he works at).

I don't think your getting it. The majority of corporations including the Goodyears, Facebook, Twitter, etc. don't try and avoid being political etc. because they are liberal/progressive. Company's avoid politics because they want the potential to bring in as much revenue and have the lowest expenses as possible. Let's say a company really does have a policy that people can't wear MAGA/Biden hats. Someone wearing a MAGA/Biden hat at work is going to catch the attention of people who disagree. That disagreement lowers productivity which costs money. Now if that policy is public facing the company has to worry about a portion of potential customers not wanting to spend money with them, this lowers revenue. Corporations fund both parties. 

Many companys LOVE Trump. He has given them the biggest tax cuts they have ever seen and opened up the treasury for them. The only issue most company's have with Trump is he affects stability since he is a lunatic.

Edited by Californication

19 minutes ago, cartman said:

His tweets are his personal voice that's not the same as organizations or celebrities taking a stance that resemble his politics.

Except he's no longer a private citizen, but the president of the United States. He can't use his position to inflict damage for petty reasons. It's no longer his personal voice, his words have real consequences. Remember, this is a guy who could nuke your country with a word. Better hope IKEA doesn't piss him off.

And let's not forget that if Obama did what Trump is doing, the right would be pushing for his impeachment immediately.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Californication said:

I don't think your getting it. The majority of corporations including the Goodyears, Facebook, Twitter, etc. don't try and avoid being political etc. because they are liberal/progressive. Company's avoid politics because they want the potential to bring in as much revenue and have the lowest expenses as possible. Let's say a company really does have a policy that people can't wear MAGA/Biden hats. Someone wearing a MAGA/Biden hat at work is going to catch the attention of people who disagree. That disagreement lowers productivity which costs money. Now if that policy is public facing the company has to worry about a portion of potential customers not wanting to spend money with them, this lowers revenue. Corporations fund both parties. 

Many companys LOVE Trump. He has given them the biggest tax cuts they have ever seen and opened up the treasury for them. The only issue most company's have with Trump is he affects stability since he is a lunatic.

Yeah but that's what i said before too. Whatever political stance you take/enable your employees to push you'll ultimately going to draw bickering and bullshit onto your company by those who are engaging in it.

3 minutes ago, cartman said:

Yeah but that's what i said before too. Whatever political stance you take/enable your employees to push you'll ultimately going to draw bickering and bullshit onto your company by those who are engaging in it.

Oh okay, you did say that companys should avoid politics (in your own words). 

I read the part in the next post where you said, "this notion where every company should run around and have statements has generally speaking been enabled by the left." 

So ya, I agree with your first statement and disagree with the second.

6 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Except he's no longer a private citizen, but the president of the United States. He can't use his position to inflict damage for petty reasons. It's no longer his personal voice, his words have real consequences. Remember, this is a guy who could nuke your country with a word. Better hope IKEA doesn't piss him off.

And let's not forget that if Obama did what Trump is doing, the right would be pushing for his impeachment immediately.

Yes he shouldn't be taking shots at domestic companies like this but i guess he felt that he was getting challenged politically and his supporters singled out. 

5 hours ago, cartman said:

Yes he shouldn't be taking shots at domestic companies like this but i guess he felt that he was getting challenged politically and his supporters singled out. 

They weren't singled out, though. Biden's supporters also can't wear hats. It's equal. Goodyear is playing fair.

He never bothered to check, he just shot his mouth off. The fucking president. Not some ordinary person, but the president of the United States. Again, I found out Goodyear's actual position on this in one Google search. He couldn't do that, or ask one of the hundreds of people that work for him to look into it? Or get Goodyear on the phone and ask what the hell is up with the policy?

It's extremely troubling to have a president do a knee-jerk reaction like that and damage an American company. And some of his supporters still believe that Goodyear is against them, even though they're not.

There's no excuse for this.

This guy is doing real harm to people, and for really petty reasons.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 5