IGNORED

America’s 2020 election (NOW with polls!)

Link

Who will win America’s 2020 presidential election?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • other
  2. 2. Who will you vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • Vermin Supreme
    • Alfred E. Neuman

I am watching highlight from thr DNC last night and these people are annoying. From Obama to Kamala almost everything they say seems empty and without meaning. I mean Obama was up there railling against the loss of freedom and saying that they will take your power away and won't help you expand freedom or change or something and that is exactly what he did. Not only did Obama get almost no structural change while he was president with both houses of congress and the supreme court, but he pushed Biden to being our candidate instead of Sanders. They are cowards. Maybe not as evil as a Trump, but they are cowards and don't care about people to the extent they say they do.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What a crock load of bullshit 😂😂😂

You actually are saying Joe Biden is more racist than a president that cares more about confederate monuments than California? That tried to get 5 innocent people the death penalty because they were minorities?

Wasn't Trump not in office during the Central Park 5 incident? Did he have any power whatsoever to determine the outcome for those 5? His opinion was total BS in hindsight, but he didn't convict them. Also, to confirm, Trump wanted the death penalty solely because they were minorities? He knew they were innocent but just wanted to see them put to death because of their skin color? By comparison, the policies backed by Biden have harmed way more than 5 minorities over time. 

You also fall right onto “heels up Harris”, which is fucking despicable. Clutching your pearls about Tht DNC speaker while Trump insults POWs and Rapes Women. He talked about Fucking his daughter

Yep, fell right into the fact that Harris fugged her way into positions of power. I never said, and never would say Trump is a saint, just pointed out one of the reasons people don't respect Harris. I know all the reasons people don't respect Trump because it's plastered everywhere I look.

The whole idea that Protestors/Rioters got a “free pass” is just right wing fake news garbage.  Verbal Diarrhea,  straight out of Fox News’ Ass to your mouth. 

I must have missed all of the protestors/rioters who were reprimanded for not following safety protocols and attributing to the spikes in their cities. 

Congrats, you fell for Trump/Putins propaganda!  Pure comedy from you at this point.  

Glad to see you're finding the humor in all of this. 

1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

Outside of their gaffs, Biden's political history with equal rights is troubling, and he's clearly pivoting just to side with the "Trump is racist" and BLM folks, but Joe is just as racist, if not more so IMO (Joe has recently made much more racist comments than Trump, at least from what I've seen on the "blooper reels"). 

In addition, everyone on the left loves to blame Trump/Republicans for COVID spread, but clearly anti-Trump folks/Democrats are just as ...

You know both of these statements sound crazy right?

Some of the other stuff you wrote on the post I disagree with, but can see how a conservative can get to that perspective. These two though sound looney though.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Californication said:

Outside of their gaffs, Biden's political history with equal rights is troubling, and he's clearly pivoting just to side with the "Trump is racist" and BLM folks, but Joe is just as racist, if not more so IMO (Joe has recently made much more racist comments than Trump, at least from what I've seen on the "blooper reels"). 

In addition, everyone on the left loves to blame Trump/Republicans for COVID spread, but clearly anti-Trump folks/Democrats are just as ...

You know both of these statements sound crazy right?

Some of the other stuff you wrote on the post I disagree with, but can see how a conservative can get to that perspective. These two though sound looney though.

What exactly are the "looney" parts of these statements? 

Joe Biden is clearly aiming for the minority vote, and Biden has said quite a few racist remarks during the campaign, more than Trump has to my knowledge. Biden is playing that angle to defeat Trump, not because he truly wants to help minorities, IMO. (Biden's political history also reflects areas of not striving to help minorities)

For COVID, even you said earlier that "The republicans have failed to respond to Corona virus and are the direct cause of tens of thousands of deaths.", which to me sounds like Democratic leaders have had more success in curbing COVID in their states. But that's not the case when looking at deaths per 100k people by state. 

Edited by Silent Hill

5 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

What exactly are the "looney" parts of these statements? 

Joe Biden is clearly aiming for the minority vote, and Biden has said quite a few racist remarks during the campaign, more than Trump has to my knowledge. Biden is playing that angle to defeat Trump, not because he truly wants to help minorities, IMO. (Biden's political history also reflects areas of not striving to help minorities)

For COVID, even you said earlier that "The republicans have failed to respond to Corona virus and are the direct cause of tens of thousands of deaths.", which to me sounds like Democratic leaders have had more success in curbing COVID in their states. But that's not the case when looking at deaths per 100k people by state. 

1. Biden has been on the wrong side of bills that hurt minorities often with the consesus opinion at the time. The crime bill is a big one and there are others. Being on the wrong side of a bill isn't good, I'm not happy about it. But that is nothing compared to the racism of Donald Trump.

Every day in and out it's Chinese this and Mexicans that. He has racist policies. He promotes white nationalism. And he has gotten the doj to go after Antifa as opposed to white hate groups which have cause most of the terrorist attacks in the U.S. over the last four years. 

Trump's level of racism is on a different level than anything Biden has said or done and the premise is silly.

2. The response to Covid requires federal mandate. States don't have the money or the power to control the spread of covid. A central govt. is rrquired to put testing, contract tracing, and guidelines in places. Governor's have been able to restrict people from going to work, but that is a small piece of what was needed to curb Covid. 

This isn't even an argument, we can look across the world and see all the places that were successful in combating the virus and the Federal govt. failed at every level and additionally made it worse by telling people it was fake and promoting people to not wear masks that would limit the spread. 

Editorials Team · Posted
22 hours ago, Californication said:

If Biden and Hilary's goal is to get elected they should go after the easiest votes. The easiest gains could be made going after votes that aren't middle class white. 

Donald Trump isn't some guy that came along and suddenly changed the Republican party. Donald Trump had no solid policy positions, his policies are being written by long time Republicans. The Republican party and it's goals are the cancer in the country. Donald Trump is a tumor that came from the cancer that is the Republican party.  

Barrack Obama reached across the isle and tried to work with the Republicans for eight years and it was useless. That argument doesn't work anymore; we have seen that it is pointless. Corporatist/liberal democrats are moderate enough before being influenced by republicans.

These republicans like the Lincoln Group have gotten all the trash policies that they want under Donald Trump and now want to change sides. We see them, it's ridiculous.

I am not sure what you are responding to when you say "they didn't unilaterally destroy it." I named a bunch of different terrible things the Republicans have done the last three years.

And how'd that work out in 2016?  They're making the exact same mistakes all over again.

And what exactly is your endgame here?  Defeat the Republicans and try to keep them out of Washington as long as possible and try to get as much policy through as fast as possible before they return and undo it all again?  How's that working out for us?

Framing this as an internal struggle of good vs evil is exactly the sort of thing we need to figure out how to move away from.  Or, fuck, start projecting the 'evil' elsewhere.  Like China, or Russia.  Most Americans can get behind that.

They could have done better than the oldest man in Washington.  Just like they could have done better than the most hated person in Washington.  But the DNC is too damn myopic to have any self-awareness.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

And how'd that work out in 2016?  They're making the exact same mistakes all over again.

And what exactly is your endgame here?  Defeat the Republicans and try to keep them out of Washington as long as possible and try to get as much policy through as fast as possible before they return and undo it all again?  How's that working out for us?

Framing this as an internal struggle of good vs evil is exactly the sort of thing we need to figure out how to move away from.  Or, fuck, start projecting the 'evil' elsewhere.  Like China, or Russia.  Most Americans can get behind that.

They could have done better than the oldest man in Washington.  Just like they could have done better than the most hated person in Washington.  But the DNC is too damn myopic to have any self-awareness.

How did it work out in 2016? They failed in 2016, that is my point. They are making the same mistakes by ignoring their base as they did in 2016.

My endgame is to try and get a government that will create programs like Medicare for All because that will lower the burden on the lower and middle classes. With that burden eased, the economy as a whole will be more sustainable and less susceptible to the boom and bust cycle we are in. 

These programs are supported by a majority of Americans. Three quarters of Democrats support Medicare for all. It is the politicians/corporatist that are standing in the way of giving people what they want. 

Democrats need to learn how to differentiate between the people giving them lip service and those trying to help them and Republicans need to stop pissing in the wind. 

• Like 1

What reprimand should happen to them? Throw them in jail for protesting? That happened btw, which is opposite of conservatism. Using the feds to sweep people into unmarked vans. 

But you are probably OK with it as long as its an evil democrat run city. 

Should we throw the people that dont wear masks at walmart in prison too?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

What reprimand should happen to them? Throw them in jail for protesting? That happened btw, which is opposite of conservatism. Using the feds to sweep people into unmarked vans. 

But you are probably OK with it as long as its an evil democrat run city. 

Should we throw the people that dont wear masks at walmart in prison too?

Everyone should be viewed equally as a risk if not following protocols, whether you're in Walmart or in the streets protesting. 

For people who break the law while protesting, they should be held accountable. Innocent protesters following the law should not be arrested. 

4 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Everyone should be viewed equally as a risk if not following protocols, whether you're in Walmart or in the streets protesting. 

For people who break the law while protesting, they should be held accountable. Innocent protesters following the law should not be arrested. 

Yes that is all True. Who was arguing the opposite? “Them” or “The Democrats”? Like Fox news says? Can you show me an instance of where a Democrat politician was saying “yes, vandalize, riot and dont wear a mask! Its Ok with us!”

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

@Californication I would actually agree that they are failing for both reasons.  They are failing to mobilize their own base to actually getting out to vote by giving them candidates they are unenthusiastic for.

They are also failing to get votes outside of the base because the party's leftwards movement has disconnected them from many Americans.

And that is costing them.  Literally the only reason they have any shot right now is the fact that Trump is such a gigantic dipshit who chose an election year to bungle a pandemic response.  Without that he was a shoe-in.  And he'll still probably win.  Not because most people can stand him.  But because he's opposite the 'D' on the ticket.

Ask @Silent Hill here what sort of things it would take for him to soften his stance on the current Democratic party.  Because I guarantee he's not gonna say "more AOCs."

55 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Yes that is all True. Who was arguing the opposite? “Them” or “The Democrats”? Like Fox news says? Can you show me an instance of where a Democrat politician was saying “yes, vandalize, riot and dont wear a mask! Its Ok with us!”

Would Mayor Durkan's comment on CHAZ being a "block party atmosphere" and "summer of love" suffice? While she didn't flat out say "go ahead and vandalize, riot and don't wear a mask", we all know what was happening in that area and how laws were not followed and protocols were not taken into consideration. 

Or maybe Mayor De Blasio cracking down on patrons of businesses for not following protocol, but not taking the same approach to the protesters. They weren't even contact tracing back to the protests, perhaps to exclude them as a culprit for the spike in infections. 

13 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Would Mayor Durkan's comment on CHAZ being a "block party atmosphere" and "summer of love" suffice? While she didn't flat out say "go ahead and vandalize, riot and don't wear a mask", we all know what was happening in that area and how laws were not followed and protocols were not taken into consideration. 

Or maybe Mayor De Blasio cracking down on patrons of businesses for not following protocol, but not taking the same approach to the protesters. They weren't even contact tracing back to the protests, perhaps to exclude them as a culprit for the spike in infections. 

Thats it? My point stands LOL

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:
17 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Thats it? My point stands LOL

What was your point again?

2 hours ago, Californication said:

How did it work out in 2016? They failed in 2016, that is my point. They are making the same mistakes by ignoring their base as they did in 2016.

My endgame is to try and get a government that will create programs like Medicare for All because that will lower the burden on the lower and middle classes. With that burden eased, the economy as a whole will be more sustainable and less susceptible to the boom and bust cycle we are in. 

These programs are supported by a majority of Americans. Three quarters of Democrats support Medicare for all. It is the politicians/corporatist that are standing in the way of giving people what they want. 

Democrats need to learn how to differentiate between the people giving them lip service and those trying to help them and Republicans need to stop pissing in the wind. 

Medicare for all is a ludicrous idea in this country because of how many people we have, but more importantly how unhealthy people are.  Even if we strip other massively bloated areas of the budget (of which we have tons, like military/defense and politicians pay) we still couldn't come up with that money.  Ideally it would be great if we could make it work, but I don't see that happening here in our lifetime.

2 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

Medicare for all is a ludicrous idea in this country because of how many people we have, but more importantly how unhealthy people are.  Even if we strip other massively bloated areas of the budget (of which we have tons, like military/defense and politicians pay) we still couldn't come up with that money.  Ideally it would be great if we could make it work, but I don't see that happening here in our lifetime.

Mmmm. That's not true. There are a dozen studies that show it saves money. 

And to your point if people had preventitive care they wouldn't be showing up in the emergency last minute all fugged up.

What was your point again?

That no Democratic politicians “approved” of protesting During SIP. I guess you got me on a technicality With (2) mayors. I asked you who was arguing the opposite.  Its a common right wing talking point that “DEMOCRATS” approved of rioting/ not social distancing while protesting, which is fake news. 

Even if you could convince anyone that Biden is more Racist than Trump (lol) thats just one small thing. 

Curious where you think Trump is “stronger” than Biden. Economy? Foreign Policy? Health? 

Actually, dont bother. No amount of evidence I could provide would change your mind. 

25 minutes ago, Californication said:

Mmmm. That's not true. There are a dozen studies that show it saves money. 

And to your point if people had preventitive care they wouldn't be showing up in the emergency last minute all fugged up.

I am saying I don't think it will save money here.  Source, dealing with fat unhealthy people every 5 minutes in the emergency room.

Preventative care should be made available to all though, we really need a complete overhaul of the entire insurance system.

25 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

It would be paid for by taxes, which would average out to less than people currently pay for health insurance premiums. But most people don't understand they're being raked over the coals by private insurance companies, while still being at risk of going bankrupt if something bad happens to them.

My job pays 100% of my premium and I'm still in favor of m4a because cancer or even a car wreck could be enough to wipe me out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lincoln said:

It would be paid for by taxes, which would average out to less than people currently pay for health insurance premiums. But most people don't understand they're being raked over the coals by private insurance companies, while still being at risk of going bankrupt if something bad happens to them.

My job pays 100% of my premium and I'm still in favor of m4a because cancer or even a car wreck could be enough to wipe me out.

I was lucky enough to need a minor couple of heart surgeries in my early twenties.  If I didn't become a pharmacist my parents would still be in debt because of that for sure.

28 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

I was lucky enough to need a minor couple of heart surgeries in my early twenties.  If I didn't become a pharmacist my parents would still be in debt because of that for sure.

Exactly. Most people dont look past what immediately benefits them and are fortunate enough to never have that kind of burden early on. But the younger generations seem to understand this better than the boomers, hopefully there will be real progress towards it in the next couple decades.

• Like 1