IGNORED

America’s 2020 election (NOW with polls!)

Link

Who will win America’s 2020 presidential election?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • other
  2. 2. Who will you vote for?

• Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Jo Jorgensen
    • Howie Hawkins
    • Vermin Supreme
    • Alfred E. Neuman

If I hadn't said this already I would caution both the pro and anti Trump sides that it's not Biden that's really running against Trump.  For this one (if this were any other election this would hardly be relevant at all) it's Biden's running mate that will be Trump's true challenger.  Because that's the one who will really end up being President for most of Biden's term!  In fact the 20th Amendment (Section 3) specially reads that if the President-elect dies or steps down the VP-Elect gets to become POTUS on Inauguration Day.

Bottom line, we still don't know who Trump's real opponent will be.

Edited by Estil

You’ve said it more times than I can count. It’s an interesting idea, but can you cite a precedent? It was floated, but never gained any traction with Reagan or W Bush.

I don’t see Biden stepping down, though I wish he may I wish he might. There’s too much ego, and too much established insulation made up of staff and advisors. Why are you buying this mental deficiency narrative for him and not for Trump?

I definitely don’t think Biden will die.

On top of all that the vice presidential debates are separate. The VP candidate may speak about Trump but not to him on any stage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Estil said:

If I hadn't said this already I would caution both the pro and anti Trump sides that it's not Biden that's really running against Trump.  For this one (if this were any other election this would hardly be relevant at all) it's Biden's running mate that will be Trump's true challenger.  Because that's the one who will really end up being President for most of Biden's term!  In fact the 20th Amendment (Section 3) specially reads that if the President-elect dies or steps down the VP-Elect gets to become POTUS on Inauguration Day.

Bottom line, we still don't know who Trump's real opponent will be.

Couldn't you easily say the same about Trump in his own second term, with him being 4 years older, and 4 years fatter than last time around? 😛

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhino said:

Trump is now trailing Biden by 4 points in Florida. He is going to get whooped. That's why he wants the election delayed so that COVID-19 can blow over and he can get votes back. 

How did those polls work in 2016?  But that's okay, the media says that this time will be different!  They got it all figured out...they won't make the same mistake...they know what proper polling/sampling's all about...

PS: Isn't that bartender Miles O'Brien from Star Trek TNG/DS9?

10 hours ago, Estil said:

How did those polls work in 2016?  But that's okay, the media says that this time will be different!  They got it all figured out...they won't make the same mistake...they know what proper polling/sampling's all about...

Keep Believing that Lie! Trump is obviously ahead, he even said so! 

On 7/31/2020 at 2:04 AM, Estil said:

The polls were wrong except for the LA Times. No poll has Trump winning. He has far more ground to make up than in 2016. People are sick of him. I will bet a good chunk of change that the Democrats win the presidential election this year. 

44 minutes ago, Rhino said:

The polls were wrong except for the LA Times. No poll has Trump winning. He has far more ground to make up than in 2016. People are sick of him. I will bet a good chunk of change that the Democrats win the presidential election this year. 

8be976bdebf3e1540248156751517622.jpeg

(sorry I couldn't resist 😄 )

Even with Biden way ahead, the Trump administration has a chance, they  are doing everything they can to not let people vote. There are going to be an epic number of people that want to vote that either won't vote or their vote won't be counted. If Trump can shave enough off key states, they will win.

6 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Really gonna clutch your pearls at that? Talk about hypocrisy 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

(Have I supported racist comments from others?)

Nah, this doesn't offend me personally, as I already know how Biden really feels about black people. Too bad others seem to give him a pass while chastising other things that are less racist. 

34 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

(Have I supported racist comments from others?)

Nah, this doesn't offend me personally, as I already know how Biden really feels about black people. Too bad others seem to give him a pass while chastising other things that are less racist. 

You openly write off plenty of racist things, especially when dealing with systemic racism (if you believe it existed) So its basically the same. What other things are less racist that have been chastized?

Knowing what country your relatives are from is a huge source of pride in the latino community. A lot of Guatemalans take offense if you call them Mexican, etc. 

I would bet a significant amount of Black people, have no idea what country in Africa (or Jamaica, Haiti etc.) their ancestors  came from. 99% of Latinos can name the country, if not the city/state. 

Im not trying to defend what he said, but compared to Trump, Biden looks like Lyndon Johnson. 

Since you “know” how Biden “really” feels, It should be a no Brainer who is the better choice as president for Black people. The democratic party, or The republicans- Aka the Lee Atwater party. 

• Like 3