IGNORED

Contra - original illustration art sold

Bronty

45 minutes ago, acidjaguar said:

Congrats you baller, you!   Always a good feeling to finally get a thing you've been pursuing for what seems like forever!!! 

Are you going to hang it from your ceiling above your bed?  🥰🥰🥰 It's so dreamy

Thanks 🙂

LOL yes so I can kiss it and hug it and squeeze it 

Edited by Bronty

15 hours ago, phart010 said:

Congratulations!

Would you share this with us? How about a run of some ultra hi-res reproduction boxes to celebrate??

Oh and sorry but that’s not something I can help with.   I don’t own the IP so it would still be illegal and I’m not tbh a fan of reproduction boxes in general .. I like it when things are simple and there are no reproductions or fakes.   I know that ship has sailed and I don’t begrudge other people who are into it but it’s not for me personally

Edited by Bronty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

Oh and sorry but that’s not something I can help with.   I don’t own the IP so it would still be illegal and I’m not tbh a fan of reproduction boxes in general .. I like it when things are simple and there are no reproductions or fakes.   I know that ship has sailed and I don’t begrudge other people who are into it but it’s not for me personally

Totally understand. I usually shy away from fake stuff too. But sometimes I break the rules. This would be one of those cases 🙂

One could argue that every original Contra boxart in existence is a fake when compared to what you now have ☝️ 

Edited by phart010

Wow, this is.. legit next level acquisition. Or like, level 99. Like anyone can buy sealed games and what not but this.. Congratulations. 

If you were to ever set up a gallery/museum for all the pieces you've collected, I would probably be compelled to come see them no matter what. And I mean I would pay an entrence fee!
(On top of the flights tickets to the other side of the world 😉). 

If not, at least let My Life in Gaming or someone else do a documentary of your collection (I'm under the impression you participated in making the one of Tom duBois? That was so good..).

EDIT: And it was in Stockholm of all the places all this time? There must be a story there - anything you could share about the history of this piece at this point?

Edited by Aatos
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Dan! Really happy for you.

This post is hard to beat;

1. A beautiful piece (of history)
2. A beautiful goal fulfilled
3. A beautiful act, to share this with the community (with an acquisition like this, I imagine there's plenty of incentive to keep it private, so thank you for sharing!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aatos said:

Wow, this is.. legit next level acquisition. Or like, level 99. Like anyone can buy sealed games and what not but this.. Congratulations. 

If you were to ever set up a gallery/museum for all the pieces you've collected, I would probably be compelled to come see them no matter what. And I mean I would pay an entrence fee!
(On top of the flights tickets to the other side of the world 😉). 

If not, at least let My Life in Gaming or someone else do a documentary of your collection (I'm under the impression you participated in making the one of Tom duBois? That was so good..).

EDIT: And it was in Stockholm of all the places all this time? There must be a story there - anything you could share about the history of this piece at this point?

that's really kind, thank you.

You never know, there might be some art on display at some point, and Adam has pretty much annual displays now.   Sure, you have to travel to Cleveland, but they do happen!   Actually I think he may also set up in philly at TMG next year.

At some point I'm sure I'll do something like that as well but no firm plans.

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

Damn, congrats. Must be a relief, though your wallet is probably pissed off. 😛

Any insight on who owned it? Former Konami dude? Random collector?

Yes, my wallet's still not talking to me LOL.

The former owner was a collector who was interested in Ocean's releases for smaller consoles.   As a result, he has artwork for a number of small Euro titles.    This small Euro title however had art used on a major release in North America.