IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - !SPECIAL VIDEOMATION CONTEST!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Wow, that's awesome! How long did it take you to draw that?

Thanks.  Probably about 2 1/2 hours.  I drew it in the default palette which was about as close as I could get to the original.  Pretty much impossible to do muted tones in Videomation, of course.  I think the red and flashing palettes are the most striking, though.

11 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Thanks.  Probably about 2 1/2 hours.  I drew it in the default palette which was about as close as I could get to the original.  Pretty much impossible to do muted tones in Videomation, of course.  I think the red and flashing palettes are the most striking, though.

Now you just have to frame your tv! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

I agree, and I'll even dare to say that there's something about the flashing palette that express, in an unexpected way,  the psychological affect of the original painting.

You really pushed the limits of the game with that one man, that's crazy good!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

Was working on one this morning, though realized I accidentally turned off TV🤦‍♀️ before I got to finish it.  Had the AVS plugged into TV, which powered off system when TV shut off. 

For the title, I'll borrow from JamesRobot's quote about art ☺️

"Videomation is Fleeting"

videomation_2.thumb.jpeg.380406de2af32077fb178da7ff5e9903.jpeg

That's awesome!  Videomationception

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

I agree, and I'll even dare to say that there's something about the flashing palette that express, in an unexpected way,  the psychological affect of the original painting.

I still think someone should get some “lederboard” points for this one....

23 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

That one is going to be tough to beat. I thought the flashing colors really added to the overall feel of it as well.

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Richardhead said:

I still think someone should get some “lederboard” points for this one....

Without diminishing the talent and work of those that posted great drawings, we announced it as a special contest with no point toward leaderboard during a break week, so we'll have to stick to that by principle. This said, I'm still entertaining the idea to give some kind of 'extra' reward tied to this contest, so we'll see.

• Sad 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, guillavoie said:

Without diminishing the talent and work of those that posted great drawings, we announced it as a special contest with no point toward leaderboard during a break week, so we'll have to stick to that by principle. This said, I'm still entertaining the idea to give some kind of 'extra' reward tied to this contest, so we'll see.

Why not give everyone who participated some points so they all move up compared to the people who didn't participate? Just the same amount of points across the board.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Why not give everyone who participated some points so they all move up compared to the people who didn't participate? Just the same amount of points across the board.

That’s like giving every kid a trophy for sucking...😜 I’m not submitting a picture this week because I suck at art. I wouldn’t expect a participation point just for drawing a line. But alas, @guillavoie is right. They announced a while back that it was gonna be worth zero points. So there’s that. Congrats @JamesRobot for winning this week🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

Was working on one this morning, though realized I accidentally turned off TV🤦‍♀️ before I got to finish it.  Had the AVS plugged into TV, which powered off system when TV shut off. 

For the title, I'll borrow from JamesRobot's quote about art ☺️

"Videomation is Fleeting"

videomation_2.thumb.jpeg.380406de2af32077fb178da7ff5e9903.jpeg

Nice axe bud. 

• Thanks 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Like I said, it was announced as such all along, and we had reasons to do so. This was a totally new idea for the NES Weekly contest, so we handled it as an experiment. First, while ranking drawings could have been possible with a set of principles based on a judging process, we didn't feel to go for it as it would have been drastically different to how we usually deal with video game contest. Giving a flat number of points for participation would have come with problems too, as @Richardhead pointed out. We didn't want to prompt a bunch of low effort submissions just to get the points.

We wanted it to be a 'special' contest, but we couldn't predetermined the overall response. Now, given how well this turned out, we're open to think of a special way to award the best submission(s), something different than some generic contest points so to say.

• Like 3