IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - !SPECIAL VIDEOMATION CONTEST!

BeaIank

1 hour ago, docile tapeworm said:

i am now. thank you. do you have experience with it? 

No problem! My house came with it installed in the attic, which is where I learned about it. I bought some for my garage door, but haven't installed it yet, so no personal experience using it. I will say that I installed the super light "bubble" type of this under insulation in the panels of my garage door. It keeps the temp about 10 degrees cooloer than the outside reading. It also feels NOTICEABLY much more like you're inside versus outside / behind a standard metal garage door. This stuff is meant to block much more than what I've used so far. It's said to be like a heavy tinfoil. If you do install it into the attic ceiling, there are two types: the type that's meant to be stapled, and the type that's not. There are also different ratings based on how much UV gets blocked. You may need some air space between this and the inside of the ceiling. I watched a number of videos on it, but my use case is different than this type of installation. Here's a similar product, if you're looking. I'd definitely research on the best way to install it / best way to use it in attics before buying.

https://www.amazon.com/RadiantGUARD-Industrial-U-1000-B-Reflective-Breathable/dp/B00B1HG2NA

Edited by ninjistar
more detail
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

@SuperJimtendo that is a really nice model trintron too. looks like an fv. rain doesnt exactly mean its dead. ive picked them up dripping wet (heh heh), let them dry for a week, plug it in and a little pop zap but they run. they always need tweaking to get the pic right though..

Well I was just going to leave it lie but trash  day isn't into Wednesday. Maybe it'll find its way into my garage 

• Haha 2

Events Team · Posted

Big thanks to everyone participating this week, this was extremely funny and went awesomely well, way over Bea and I expectations! You guys rock, thanks for making this so enjoyable!

Now, @CasualCart, @BortLicensePlate, @BeaIank and myself will enclose ourselves in our Caesar's Palace Royal Suite for deliberation, and we'll get back to you with the results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Events Team · Posted
Just now, ninjistar said:

I realize it's over, but I did another one just for fun 😛 

"Midnight Mushroom Marauder"

mushroommarauder.jpg

By all means, anyone that still has something to show, feel free to go for it right here! I'm sure it will be appreciated even if the official contest is over!

• Like 1