IGNORED

WATA Turnaround Times?

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

I don't think the "liability" thing means "cost of insurance on return shipping" exactly, or not only that. There's also the liability they have while they're holding the game. Their warehouse could burn down or get flooded or burgled, a rogue employee could take all the SMBs and run...that kinda liability. (Of course, who is actually on the hook to whom and for how much in such a situation is presumably in whatever agreement you sign when you ship something to them; I haven't done that so I don't know what it says).

Of course, whether those costs should be paid by a value percentage charge in this way, and exactly how that should work, is up for debate. But I'm just saying I don't think it's purely about shipping insurance.

Well the fact that they come after you for more money AFTER it's been sitting in their warehouse for 3, 6, 12+ months is the biggest issue for me. They're obviously not concerned about valuation while it's waiting to be graded... Just after they have taken their sweet time and made you wait. If it was an issue of insurance money while in their possession they should be verifying sealed, non graded prices at step 1 as soon as they receive it and catalog it. Not after grading it and holding it hostage. 

• Like 6

15 hours ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Just after they have taken their sweet time and made you wait.

This is kind of unfair considering wata has a backlog like every other grading company in 2021.

As soon as your game is up, having waited a few months, its value is now higher and therefore has higher liability. It’s not that nefarious,

Edited by inasuma

Well, you can say that, but it's also fair to say the backlog is to a large degree WATA's fault. They kept taking submissions long after they must have known they were hopelessly backed up. They could have done what they did (cut off most tiers, raise the price for CIB, change the estimates) much sooner than they did.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shredpirate said:

Makes me wonder when I’ll be getting a email from them. My games have been at their warehouse since early August of last year. 10x each Pokémon Red, Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal. 

10 each red and crystal? Woof. Good condition? do you know which print of red?

4 hours ago, Shredpirate said:

Makes me wonder when I’ll be getting a email from them. My games have been at their warehouse since early August of last year. 10x each Pokémon Red, Blue, Gold, Silver and Crystal. 

Sealed? Good god, man. Don’t flood the market all at once now.

• Like 1

Finally got my order from last June moved into grading. Really hoping I don't get the dreaded email asking for more money. 

If I do, I won't be a happy camper after waiting over a year. The valuations of the games were accurate for when I submitted, but as we all know, prices have skyrocketed on a bunch of games in the past year lol. 

34 minutes ago, epiczail said:

Finally got my order from last June moved into grading. Really hoping I don't get the dreaded email asking for more money. 

If I do, I won't be a happy camper after waiting over a year. The valuations of the games were accurate for when I submitted, but as we all know, prices have skyrocketed on a bunch of games in the past year lol. 

Depending on the game I'd probably just assume your going to get that email. Makes it easier if you actually do.

45 minutes ago, epiczail said:

So if it's anything like my order experience, you'll likely have 3 weeks of grading, 3 more weeks of post grading, then an email asking for more money, then another 2 weeks until you get your games back.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

So if it's anything like my order experience, you'll likely have 3 weeks of grading, 3 more weeks of post grading, then an email asking for more money, then another 2 weeks until you get your games back.

Bahaha what a joke. Here I was starting to get a little excited that I'll finally be getting my shit back. It's so shady that they hold peoples stuff hostage for over a year, values keep going up & up, then they ask for more money bc values went up bc they were so backed up & seemingly didn't do anything about it until recently. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kell said:

How you pulling that data?

Open dev tools (assuming Chrome, it's key F12) -> Network tab -> Click 'View Grades' on your order in Wata -> There will probably be multiple network calls with your order number as the URI. Click one of those and in your dev tools select 'Preview' pane -> Click different requests until you find one with a list of your games that are in Post Grading status

(Request to click)

image.png.f26b1aeda8ea39f42222532feb546f16.png

(Preview panel, list of games in Post Grading status)

image.png.8c3047612724a176f9a025e09d0a2793.png

Expand each of those, expand 'grade'

image.png.8eb0e3bb6fb62a76de75a74eae1e520c.png

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

A few of mine finally went into post grading today. Assuming it doesn't change, looking at the response from the API... I've got a few nice grades coming back!

Doom 32X - 9.8 A++
Sonic 2 Genesis - 9.8 A++
Sonic 2 Genesis - 9.6 A+

Unfortunately the Sonic's are late prints, but still happy!

I'm no genesis expert, but aren't these two valued in the 5 figures 😮

@RH the URL requires authorization so I don't think you'll have much luck, but it's just
https://api.watagames.com/api/labels/{orderId}

@tidaldreamsnot too sure. There have been a few high sales on HA this year, including a $20k+ sale this month, but those are tube seals whereas mine is a later print (although I think the later print displays better). I'm not sure how much that impacts price. Plus graded games have been cooling off this month. I think the 9.8 will bring 5 figures but I think the 9.6 will be mid 4's. 

Edited by A_Feisty_Pickle

On 6/28/2021 at 10:36 AM, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

Open dev tools (assuming Chrome, it's key F12) -> Network tab -> Click 'View Grades' on your order in Wata -> There will probably be multiple network calls with your order number as the URI. Click one of those and in your dev tools select 'Preview' pane -> Click different requests until you find one with a list of your games that are in Post Grading status

(Request to click)

image.png.f26b1aeda8ea39f42222532feb546f16.png

(Preview panel, list of games in Post Grading status)

image.png.8c3047612724a176f9a025e09d0a2793.png

Expand each of those, expand 'grade'

image.png.8eb0e3bb6fb62a76de75a74eae1e520c.png

Are you seeing these despite the grades not showing in the normal dashboard?

Edited by inasuma

@A_Feisty_Pickle Thanks for that trick!

I checked all 6 of my Post-Grading orders and I'd say the majority seem pretty close to as expected, they could be accurate.  However, I did have a couple that seemed a bit off.  I'd temper expectations until you seem the official in the final grading portal. 

I'm not intimately familiar with the grading process, but they do always put a final set of expert eyes on them and they almost always bump down rather than up if they adjust at all.  Sometimes you can get a subtle box past an untrained eye but an expert will catch it the vast majority of the time.

So I'd say probably a high percent likelihood that most grades will be correct, but if they change at all in post grading it will likely be down rather than up.

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 2