IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Micro Machines

BeaIank

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you can get 37k, my money is on you. I'm usually around 27k and that's beating the game. 

Check out the the top scores from the previous contest. I was hoping to win that week too. But couple of other players also knew how to get that high of a high score.

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview2e62.html?catid=31&threadid=174943

1 minute ago, mbd39 said:

Check out the the top scores from the previous contest. I was hoping to win that week too. But couple of other players also knew how to get that high of a high score.

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/messageview2e62.html?catid=31&threadid=174943

There might be an ideal spot to burn the 1 continue. I never used it, but there must be a lot of extra points somewhere.

Events Team · Posted
On 7/6/2020 at 5:41 PM, Richardhead said:

We Colorado hippies got it pretty fucking good man.

@SuperJimtendo @JamesRobot @Murray @Tabonga 

Don't include me in you and Doug's little love in.  And get a damn haircut already. 

Not really a hippie but I am 1/4 lesbian.  You see, my grandma was a lesbian...

• Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, ninjistar said:

My cart is missing and this ROM doesn't work on NesterJ for PSP. I finally was able to get this setup and give it a go on my laptop. Rule question: are you allowed to use your "lives" / continues? I didn't see that in the rules. @BeaIank @guillavoie

Yes, you can play till your last life/continue.
I will amend the rules to make it clearer.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Maybe I'll get lucky and it will be a low score contest. I'm not sure how I'm missing 10,000 points.

9 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Quick participation score. I'm not a fan of top down racers.

Are you practicing for next week? I can beat the game, but I still can't figure out where these 35k+ scores are coming from. I checked out the long play videos on YouTube and they were all finishing in the mid 20s like I am.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Are you practicing for next week? I can beat the game, but I still can't figure out where these 35k+ scores are coming from. I checked out the long play videos on YouTube and they were all finishing in the mid 20s like I am.

Yeah. I actually had to figure out the high score strats on my own because there's nothing on the net.

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Yeah. I actually had to figure out the high score strats on my own because there's nothing on the net.

I'll probably just do a quick run and see if that's enough to make the top 8. I tried looking up info and I couldn't find anything. I'll have over 100 leaderboard points after this week so that should get me a tournament spot.

2 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I've managed to get over 30k. I'm still about 5k short of the top scores though.

Cool.

I don't know if I'll do as well as last time. I'm super rusty and this game seriously gives me the hand cramps.