IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Micro Machines

BeaIank

20 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It's all accurate. Maybe I took my score picture mid run. It's hard telling.

Nah, if you are new to the game, 13 is a good place to get stuck. That was as far as I could get for a long time. Then 15 is tough to learn and 17 is inhuman. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It threw me off for a bit. It's kind of like RC Pro Am in a way.

Its a top down racer. I'm a huge pro am fan. Pro am 2 is my favorite racer and one of my favorites for the system. The driving mechanics to this are very similar to a pro am game. The way the cars moves incrementally with a tap on the d pad. The AI drivers operate similarly as well. Ive finished the pro am games, but never this. The course design is a lot harder than the pro ams. 

Edited by NESfiend

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Its a top down racer. I'm a huge pro am fan. Pro am 2 is my favorite racer and one of my favorites for the system. The driving mechanics to this are very similar to a pro am game. The way the cars moves incrementally with a tap on the d pad. The AI drivers operate similarly as well. Ive finished the pro am games, but never this. The course design is a lot harder than the pro ams. 

Yeah, I was able to pick it up fairly quickly. I had RC Pro Am as a kid, so I played it quite a bit. I didn't play RC Pro Am 2 until a few years ago when I found a copy at the local game store.

2 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Championship has no second place.  Only the first loser.  I'd say you could strive for that, but you'll be lucky to be the first loser.

I'm sure you will beat this if you didn't already so you can get another tie win. You've been quiet since Mario Bros week, but it's good that you're already posting second place scores for practice.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm sure you will beat this if you didn't already so you can get another tie win. You've been quiet since Mario Bros week, but it's good that you're already posting second place scores for practice.

Been a little busier, but not too busy to keep playing.  We played a ton of Micro Machines for the SNES back in the day.  I now know why it is that I can't remember anything learned today.  I have almost every track of Micro Machines burned into my memory.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Been a little busier, but not too busy to keep playing.  We played a ton of Micro Machines for the SNES back in the day.  I now know why it is that I can't remember anything learned today.  I have almost every track of Micro Machines burned into my memory.

Well, good job on your first non tie win during Contra Force week. You need to get back at it this week I guess. Those tie wins still count technically.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

6 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

Nice to hear you knew the game from before. I was assuming you just picked up and beat it when I have wanted to for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Well, good job on your first non tie win during Contra Force week. You need to get back at it this week I guess. Those tie wins still count technically.

Well, they could have given a bonus point for first to beat the game, but that's not really how it's been done in the past.  I'm out of town after today, so I may not post a first place finish at all.

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Nice to hear you knew the game from before. I was assuming you just picked up and beat it when I have wanted to for a long time. 

Oh yeah, Micro Machines were huge in my house growing up, and so we had to get the game.  We played head to head more than anything, but I beat the SNES version back then.  Not sure when I got the NES version, but I beat it then too.  I mean...wait...I haven't beaten it yet...

Just now, bertsampson said:

Oh yeah, Micro Machines were huge in my house growing up, and so we had to get the game.  We played head to head more than anything, but I beat the SNES version back then.  Not sure when I got the NES version, but I beat it then too.  I mean...wait...I haven't beaten it yet...

I didn't either. Not waiting on you or anything.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you beat the game yet? I swear I've never played it before yesterday.

I didn’t even know I owned the game until a few days ago. But yeah, I’ve almost beaten the game. Or maybe I did beat the game. I can’t remember. I’ll post something before the end of the week. Unless I am done. Which I might be. Hard to say.  

Just now, Richardhead said:

I didn’t even know I owned the game until a few days ago. But yeah, I’ve almost beaten the game. Or maybe I did beat the game. I can’t remember. I’ll post something before the end of the week. Unless I am done. Which I might be. Hard to say.  

Yeah, well I might beat it. Maybe not. I've never even heard of the game. What's going on again?