IGNORED

Your Favourite Game Ever

DarkTone

2 hours ago, MrMark0673 said:

Mega Man 2, for so many reasons. 

I completed a loose licensed set years ago, and one of the reasons I wanted to do it was to see if the system offered a better game than MM2.

A few hundred games and numerous hidden gems later...

I found the answer to be “no”!

Bro you don’t even have to go much further into the library to find a better game than mm2, literally the next game in the series is better 😁 

MM3>MM2 forever! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, jonebone said:

I have no kid nostalgia for Mega Mans... didn't experience them until an adult.  But I really find MM2 and MM3 interchangable to me without the nostalgia.  MM2 had better weapons (Metal Blades overpowered though), but both had great music and MM3 added the slide.  

MM2 is the most fun for me but 3 is really the masterpiece of the series especially from a perspective of level design.  I absolutely love returning to the remixed levels and the reveal when you fight the robot masters from 2.  I always wished the MM2 bosses would give up their weapons leading into the Wily stages.  

Can I get a hack please?  Anyone?  Beuller? 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, skinnygrinny said:

Bro you don’t even have to go much further into the library to find a better game than mm2, literally the next game in the series is better 😁 

MM3>MM2 forever! 

Your opinion is wrong!  Technically maybe.  But 2 is way more fun.

Top Man, regardless of his excellent animation, renders MM3 unfit to be superior to MM2.

I mean, he’s just a top...

(half) kidding aside, I do like the slide mechanic, but I always thought rush was sorta forced and gimmicky.  That being said, the only games I kept when I sold out were my MM games, so the whole series is worth noting for “great” games IMO.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Your opinion is wrong!  Technically maybe.  But 2 is way more fun.

If by technically better you mean full of massive slowdown because they didn't have time to make their modified copy paste of Mega Man 2 run smoothly, then yes Mega Man 3 is technically better than Mega Man 2.

3 hours ago, MrMark0673 said:

I completed a loose licensed set years ago, and one of the reasons I wanted to do it was to see if the system offered a better game than MM2.

I will get that prototype from you just like I got 3. Some day.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrMark0673 said:

4 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Glad to see you make the move over to VGS!

My MM2 proto is legitimately the only item I’ll likely never sell.  Wouldn’t be interested in most 5 figure offers even if the “value” is far less.  I’m getting buried with that one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

MM2 is the most fun for me but 3 is really the masterpiece of the series especially from a perspective of level design.  I absolutely love returning to the remixed levels and the reveal when you fight the robot masters from 2.  I always wished the MM2 bosses would give up their weapons leading into the Wily stages.  

Can I get a hack please?  Anyone?  Beuller? 

Amen.  I've never run into another weapon that had as much use or that I liked as much as the Metal Blade.  Fantastic weapon power economy, can be fired in any direction, and kills 99% of everything (as well as activating alternate reactions in some enemies not visible using any other weapon--hit the rolling crabs in Bubble Man's level with one to see it in action).

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Amen.  I've never run into another weapon that had as much use or that I liked as much as the Metal Blade.  Fantastic weapon power economy, can be fired in any direction, and kills 99% of everything (as well as activating alternate reactions in some enemies not visible using any other weapon--hit the rolling crabs in Bubble Man's level with one to see it in action).

The Metal Blade weapon should be in every game, Mega Man or otherwise.  Sure it's overpowered but that's why it's so damn fun.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy III/VI. You’ve heard countless times about the world, the characters, the music, the story, the villain, etc.

Spoilers for a Super Nintendo game: 

I’ll never forget the feeling of when I first explored the World of Ruin and heard that demented organ under the blowing wind, and going into a town for the first time since the “end of the world” and seeing people sitting in the streets next to campfires, listening to the bartender go on about how he actually misses the days the empire occupied the town because his bar was more lively before the world was destroyed, etc. It just all sat with me in a way no game had managed to before. And the final battle with Kefka mirroring The Divine Comedy was really interesting. I still love the organ solo from the Heaven portion, and the sad and emotional section towards the end of the final movement. You can hear the desperation as Kefka realizes he’s likely finished, and the final attack that causes the screen to go red and shake, it’s all just such a well put together game. I loved every minute of it.

• Like 1

I think it's gotta be Chrono Trigger. The graphics, the music, the mechanics, and even the simplistic story woven with interesting characters. It's as close to perfect as any videogame has ever been. It's a truly special game. 

Some other beloved games for me (in no particular order): 

Spoiler
  • FF6
  • FF7
  • Castlevania: SotN
  • Super Mario Bros 3
  • Rocket League
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Secret of Mana
  • GTA: Vice City
  • Metroid Prime
  • Breath of the Wild
  • Celeste

Damn, there are a lot of good videogames.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 2

I don't think I could pick just one, so I'll name a couple:

• Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Breath of the Wild are all among my favorites for different reasons.
  • Stardew Valley
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Castlevania (and Castlevania III)
  • Super Mario 64
  • Sky Kid

Those are some of my all-time favorites. It's really hard to pick a "favorite of all time." If it had to be, it'd be one of the Zeldas I mentioned. 

• Like 2