IGNORED

Your Favourite Game Ever

DarkTone

My "favorite game ever" constantly changes, but it changes only between a few select titles across only a few select series of games. If I aggregated it though, it'd probably be in order something like this:

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 / World / Sunshine / Galaxy
  2. Super Smash Bros. 64 / Melee / Ultimate
  3. Legend of Zelda / A Link to the Past / Majora's Mask / Breath of the Wild
  4. Elder Scrolls III / V
  5. Final Fantasy 6 / 7 / 8 / 10
  6. Castlevania / Dracula's Curse / IV / Syphony of the Night
  7. Fallout 3 / New Vegas
  8. Contra / Super C / Contra III
  9. Mega Man 2 / 3 / 4 / X
  10. Metal Gear Solid / Sons of Liberty / Snake Eater
  11. Civilization III / V

It's a very uninspired list...but they're regarded as the best games for a reason.

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 2

Can’t name just 1, but the shortlist is Tyson, Paperboy, Wizards & Warriors & Resident Evil 1. 

I remember my first time beating Tyson ( Feb 13th 2001) and it will go down as my greatest gaming accomplishment. I walked around my college apartment complex for 10 minutes with my arms raised in victory. 

• Like 1

This is an extremely hard question to answer. The game I spend most of my time with and keep coming back to is The Black Bass NES. This is my go to game to unwind and not think about anything. Having said that, I'm going to choose Final Fantasy III/VI SNES as my favorite game though. I've completed it multiple times with maxed out characters and all spells learned for everyone. I've also gone entire games from start to finish without Terra using magic in a battle. Right now I'm at Figaro Castle with Locke and Terra in my party. I've yet to go into Figaro castle and I've done nothing but grind by walking squares around the castle. My two characters are Level 30+ just from me grinding for sooo long. 

Edited by Ghost Soldier
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 10:10 AM, jonebone said:

So that's why you have a Mint sealed Dusty Diamond, it all makes sense now!

My answer to this changes with the wind, but Dusty gets higher and higher on the list every year. Such a great game. That and RC Pro Am 2 have gotten the most of my time over the last couple years. Super C, MTPO, Marble Madness, NES Open, TMNT 3, American Gladiators, pretty well rounds out my shortlist. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 7:18 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Have you listened to the soundtrack for Tropical Freeze? I'd say it's even better.

I wouldn't hesitate to say that Tropical Freeze is likely the best video game soundtrack I've ever heard, leaving even stuff like SOTN, Nier or Chrono Cross in the dust.

It's insanely good, and I love how every single stage feels designed around its individual music track, rather than just the other way around. I heard most of the OST before playing the game, but experiencing the music in-game puts it in a whole new light.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, ThePhleo said:

My "favorite game ever" constantly changes, but it changes only between a few select titles across only a few select series of games. If I aggregated it though, it'd probably be in order something like this:

1. Final Fantasy 10

It's a very uninspired list...but they're regarded as the best games for a reason.

Nope 🙂

8 hours ago, Sumez said:

I wouldn't hesitate to say that Tropical Freeze is likely the best video game soundtrack I've ever heard, leaving even stuff like SOTN, Nier or Chrono Cross in the dust.

It's insanely good, and I love how every single stage feels designed around its individual music track, rather than just the other way around. I heard most of the OST before playing the game, but experiencing the music in-game puts it in a whole new light.

I hadn't heard anything about Tropical Freeze's soundtrack prior to playing and I was blown away. That being said, my nostalgia will never allow Chrono Trigger to be replaced as my favorite soundtrack of all time.

I also played Celeste in 2018 and that is now on my top ten soundtrack list, so it's been a good couple years for music.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

Dark Wizard for the Sega CD.   It has an amazing depth for a console game - tons of secrets to find and quests to do.  A large army (40 units) that you can mostly customize to your hearts content.  The biggest drawback is an AI that is generally dumber than a box of rocks - but that is a flaw that virtually all console strategy games suffer from.

• Like 1