IGNORED

Your Favourite Game Ever

DarkTone

Link's Awakening or LoZ, depending if I'm in a "masterful design" or "free exploration" mood. The openness of them causes them to win out over FFIV or FFVI. I need to give Radiant Historia another try since #5 might be poised to jump up in the list due to having both elements (and not that accursed remake).

• Like 1

How in the world do you choose just one lol. Man this is so hard. Favorite childhood game? Game I've spent the most hours playing? Favorite game with friends? Game I really liked playing and restarted a bunch of times?

Having said all of that, I think I might have to go with paper mario the thousand year door. It's about as perfect of a game as you're going to get. 

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted

This might be stretching the question, but my favorite video game ever would be the Jakks Pacific Namco Plug-N-Play with PacMan, Dig Dug, Bosconian, Galaxian, and Rally-X. It was my introduction to classic gaming, and nothing beats Namco arcade games.

If I had to choose just one, though, it would be PacMan.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

9 hours ago, skinnygrinny said:

Bro you don’t even have to go much further into the library to find a better game than mm2, literally the next game in the series is better 😁 

MM3>MM2 forever! 

Are you trying to rend VGS asunder? MM3 would be my pick, but I would forever miss MM2. And if the games were reversed the same outcome would result, like Mass Effect... Regardless,

Image result for your tearing me apart lisa gif

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 11:26 AM, JamesRobot said:

Bond is my favorite 64 game to be sure.  It's a little rough around the edges compared to modern shooters but still super fun.  I actually got rid of my 64 this year to focus on NES.  This was the only game that was really holding me back so I couldn't justify keeping it all.  N64 is pretty much a Goldeneye machine for me.  Such good times playing 4 player death matches on a 19" tv in a tiny smoke filled apartment drinking cases of Natty Ice.  So fun, I can taste it now.

GoldenEye really is a great game.  Sometimes I hear people criticize the controls etc now.  I still think it holds up.  Just play it like an N64 game and you will be in for a good time.

• Like 3

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind for me.  I played a lot of N64 and enjoyed exploring the levels in GoldenEye, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario 64.  Once I played the Elder Scrolls I was hooked.  So many hours were spent just walking around that island exploring everything. Great world, lore, exploration, and music.

I would log a ton of hours, finish a few quests, then realize a small tweak that would improve my leveling.  I must have restarted that game at least 3 times before actually trying the main quest.  Never got tired it.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Like 2

I love DK64 and Goldeneye. Both have fantastic campaigns. Games aren't really made like DK64 anymore, so it's at the top of its genre, but people still complain about having to play through each level as each Kong. Goldeneye just has great levels and objectives, maybe not the best framerate or controller. But guess what, people play FPSs on consoles all the time instead of PC FPSs at 200fps with mouse and keyboard, so if you can live with sub-optimal framerates and controllers of modern consoles, you can live with the sub-optimal framerates and controls Goldeneye for the sake of one of the best FPS campaigns out there!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I love DK64 and Goldeneye. Both have fantastic campaigns. Games aren't really made like DK64 anymore, so it's at the top of its genre, but people still complain about having to play through each level as each Kong. Goldeneye just has great levels and objectives, maybe not the best framerate or controller. But guess what, people play FPSs on consoles all the time instead of PC FPSs at 200fps with mouse and keyboard, so if you can live with sub-optimal framerates and controllers of modern consoles, you can live with the sub-optimal framerates and controls Goldeneye for the sake of one of the best FPS campaigns out there!

Agree with the Goldeneye campaign opinion.  The added objectives and difficulty between Agent, Secret Agent, and 00 Agent were perfect.  I wouldn't go so far as to say they made it feel like a brand new game, but it added a ton of replayability.  Also, no Ninja Gaiden 3 in your top 5?......I knew it!

• Like 1

Impossible question but gotta get the post count up!  Civilization II and Ocarina of Time were the first games that came to mind but if I had looked at this thread tomorrow the answers could be completely different.  As a quick aside I can see Breath of the Wild getting near the top of my rankings down the road once I'm convinced recency bias isn't in play.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

Agree with the Goldeneye campaign opinion.  The added objectives and difficulty between Agent, Secret Agent, and 00 Agent were perfect.  I wouldn't go so far as to say they made it feel like a brand new game, but it added a ton of replayability.  Also, no Ninja Gaiden 3 in your top 5?......I knew it!

IT'S CLOSE. Look, I love Ninja Gaiden III like nothing else, but you can't get between a guy and his favorite Mario, Zelda, Metroid.

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hyrulevyse said:

Impossible question but gotta get the post count up!  Civilization II and Ocarina of Time were the first games that came to mind but if I had looked at this thread tomorrow the answers could be completely different.  As a quick aside I can see Breath of the Wild getting near the top of my rankings down the road once I'm convinced recency bias isn't in play.

I know nothing about Civ II (I'm a Civ IV kind of guy) but the Civ II expansion box art is just one of my favorites ever. I loooove it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I know nothing about Civ II (I'm a Civ IV kind of guy) but the Civ II expansion box art is just one of my favorites ever. I loooove it.

spacer.png

That box art is excellent.  We actually played this one the most though. 

image.png.247e9d352bd689177e3f58a99b0e866b.png

Having 4 computers all lan'd up and a couple cases of bud light (ok.... natural light) was the best!

Edited by hyrulevyse
  • Like 1

I would say between Skyrim and State of Decay (flip a coin or something), I'm sure I spent well in the thousands of hours on them. But no more since last week I lost my temper and smashed my 360 to bits and then trashed it (it froze up on me all too many times and I was having a bad day). Two of the best games ever yet also suffered more glitches than anything else I ever played, many of those being game breaking, hence the broken console. That's all right, I needed to pull away from them because that is all I was doing day and night, whatever waking hours were spent on either of those. As much as I have love for so many NES games and as many years as I spent devoted to that, nothing ever engrossed me so much as these open world games had, and at times nothing ever pissed me off as much either. Could just be me. Favorite game(s) but not necessary the greatest, but it's only been a short time and I already miss them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeganJoanne said:

I would say between Skyrim and State of Decay (flip a coin or something), I'm sure I spent well in the thousands of hours on them. But no more since last week I lost my temper and smashed my 360 to bits and then trashed it (it froze up on me all too many times and I was having a bad day). Two of the best games ever yet also suffered more glitches than anything else I ever played, many of those being game breaking, hence the broken console. That's all right, I needed to pull away from them because that is all I was doing day and night, whatever waking hours were spent on either of those. As much as I have love for so many NES games and as many years as I spent devoted to that, nothing ever engrossed me so much as these open world games had, and at times nothing ever pissed me off as much either. Could just be me. Favorite game(s) but not necessary the greatest, but it's only been a short time and I already miss them.

If you get into the mods it will be a whole new experience too. Skyrim looks like a whole new game after spending an afternoon installing tweaks.  It can play completely differently too.  Morrowind still gets the nod for me but Skyrim gets my attention more often than not.