IGNORED

Your Favourite Game Ever

DarkTone

Hands down Dark Wizard for the Sega CD.   Pretty amazing game in terms of its complexities  (but remains playable despite those).   It has a pretty steep learning curve since the documentation is very poor and because how you initially begin your army influences what you wind up with later in the game.  So you almost need one playthrough to learn the ropes - on subsequent playthroughs you can focus on discovering the game's many secrets and tricks.

Edited by Wandering Tellurian
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

My favorite game of all time would be Genghis Khan on the Nes. Flashback to the late 80's and I loved playing strategy board games like Fortress America,Conquest of the Empire and Samurai Swords. I was only really into arcade games at the time but saw this game first on my friend's father's PC. I believe it was an IBM 286? I was amazed at a historical(I'm a bit of a History buff) game that was a strategy game and turn based. Never really got to play it because it was "Dad's game/PC" but I never forgot it. A few years later I was playing Tecmo Bowl or Mario Bros on my friend's Nes. His older brother had these "boring strategy games" that only he played. I looked at them and saw it......Genghis Khan had been released on the Nes! I knew I had to have a copy of this game. I didn't own a Nes at the time but I knew I could just use my step sister's system at night in the living room. That started my love of other Koei games. I can honestly say I've played Genghis Khan on the Nes at least once a year since I got it. I've beaten it so many times I look for different challenges to try and keep it interesting. I've been meaning to start a 4p game and play everyone and see what character would eventually win.

• Like 2

Brought it up in a different thread (Top ten RPGs iirc) but;

Super Mario RPG

I love this game. I can play it anytime 100%. I will never get tired of it.
I love the Paper Mario games, but I would love a proper sequel completely in the style and gameplay of SMRPG more then anything. Maybe someday...

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I can't pick just one so here's a few I was debating between.

Life Is Strange

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Mass Effect 2

Age of Empires II

Bioshock

Super Mario World

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas

Beyond Two Souls

Crash Bandicoot 2

Horizon Zero Dawn

The Witcher III

Red Dead Redemption 2

LA Noire

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy X

Ghost of Tsushima

Donkey Kong Country

Goldeneye 007

Any Mario Kart

Edited by Radagast
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 5:27 PM, DarkTone said:

Anyone changed theirs?

No change to the top spot, but much to my surprise, I continue to add modern games to the top 10 and top 25 lists at a decent clip (Doom Eternal comes to mind as a recent add). It's nice to feel like gaming continues to be great and hasn't totally bellyflopped.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

No change to the top spot, but much to my surprise, I continue to add modern games to the top 10 and top 25 lists at a decent clip (Doom Eternal comes to mind as a recent add). It's nice to feel like gaming continues to be great and hasn't totally bellyflopped.

Similarly, Wolfenstein II probably jumped into my top 50.  Such a great experience.  iD is killing it.

• Like 2