IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board Competition 2020-Game 6: Shmup Speed

Scrobins

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

I should note of course that Shmupspeed is just based on the Hudson Shooting Watch. The idea was that you'd be able to go to my site and test your skills with any controller since it's a website (you can use a controller plugged into your computer at shmupspeed.com!). 

The Shooting Watch itself has a different style of button and handles each press slightly differently from an NES controller. 

My best so far with my Shooting Watches is in the 140-150 range. 

I figured since that looked like a small NES controller and had a 10 second timer that there was some relation. I just came across it trying to find out if there was an official record for button presses per second anywhere.

Administrator · Posted
10 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I figured since that looked like a small NES controller and had a 10 second timer that there was some relation. I just came across it trying to find out if there was an official record for button presses per second anywhere.

There's actually a thread on TG about the ShmupSpeed site, and I didn't even prompt it myself or anything - some random guy stumbled upon the site and decided to share it! 😮

2 minutes ago, Scrobins said:

Congrats @bertsampson for breaking the 200 barrier! PM me with your address and whether you want the Famicom 8-bit Music Power or the Genesis Oh Mummy.

Everyone else, keep fighting for the high score! Preempt Red before he drops in.

Cool!  Thank you so much.  I have to confess something though, I did use some performance enhancing substance...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, bertsampson said:

Lol, no.  I guess it would depend on your reaction to alcohol, but I don't think that would help.  I got slightly jittery off some preworkout.

Haha, I was way off here! You sure preworkout stuff would help for this? I mean, I never took such substance in my life so I don't know what it can do. Congrats on breaking the 200 BTW, that's an awesome mark!

@JamesRobot Also, nice silent update man, you're getting near 200!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Haha, I was way off here! You sure preworkout stuff would help for this? I mean, I never took such substance in my life so I don't know what it can do. Congrats on breaking the 200 BTW, that's an awesome mark!

@JamesRobot Also, nice silent update man, you're getting near 200!

I'm sure it did.  Not so much with the speed, but the ability to do several attempts.  When I got 184, I got it my first try for that go around.  I did a few more attempts and wasn't able to hit 184 again.  Did the same thing with my 198.  Preworkout helps with endurance and less burn out.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, bertsampson said:

I'm sure it did.  Not so much with the speed, but the ability to do several attempts.  When I got 184, I got it my first try for that go around.  I did a few more attempts and wasn't able to hit 184 again.  Did the same thing with my 198.  Preworkout helps with endurance and less burn out.

Interesting, it makes a lot of sense for the endurance. Now if you may, I need to add something on my grocery list...

Milk
Flour
Sugar
Eggs
Butter
Steroids