IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board Competition 2020-Game 6: Shmup Speed

Scrobins

5 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

That's pretty good. My 178 is gonna be it for me. I doubt I could do much better anyway. Does this game have sound by the way? If it doesn't you should add some music and like a bell when ten seconds is up. In the beginning I wasn't even looking at the screen. It would be good a cue that 10 seconds is up. 

I got closer, but I'm still 5 behind. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with breaking the 170 mark.

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't know if this is/was supposed to be any kind of official record, but this guy would only be in 6th place on here at 16 button presses per second.

That's what the site/NES game are based off of. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

That's what the site/NES game are based off of. 🙂

Here's the article that goes with it. I don't know if there is an official record for button pressing, but he was well known for it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2008/10/meet-takahashi/winamp/

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Administrator · Posted
25 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Here's the article that goes with it. I don't know if there is an official record for button pressing, but he was well known for it. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wired.com/2008/10/meet-takahashi/winamp/

I should note of course that Shmupspeed is just based on the Hudson Shooting Watch. The idea was that you'd be able to go to my site and test your skills with any controller since it's a website (you can use a controller plugged into your computer at shmupspeed.com!). 

The Shooting Watch itself has a different style of button and handles each press slightly differently from an NES controller. 

My best so far with my Shooting Watches is in the 140-150 range. 

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't know if this is/was supposed to be any kind of official record, but this guy would only be in 6th place on here at 16 button presses per second.

But, again Doug, he is only using one button, which makes it harder than using two buttons. He is not playing the same game.