IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board Competition 2020-Game 6: Shmup Speed

Scrobins

2 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Lol, we'll see. @guillavoie is still hiding in the bushes somewhere too. Don't count him out. He's used to moving his hands very fast, when his pants are around his ankles. 

I figured that was what @bertsampson did to perfect his skills. He likely had multiple visits to the school nurse trying to explain away those mysterious "rugburns".

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

31 minutes ago, bertsampson said:

@Redkeeps coming in here sniping at the last minute (literally for one of the games) and beating me.  If he was as much of a trash talker as you, these Homebrew threads would be blowing up too.

I have a very particular set of skills that I have acquired over a very long career, skills that you can't keep up with in any contest thread. If he wants to snipe you instead of trash talking you, it still ends up with you losing. 

2 hours ago, 8bitdontquit said:

@42 foot tapeworm interested to see what number you could come up with on this?   Care to give it a whirl? 

Skinny if you havent played this, its literally 10 seconds of shooting. Only 7 seconds more than you spent on mario bros last week

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
On 6/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

This must be fairly accurate if you're in the 170s and I'm in the 150s based on our old Track & Field scores. It probably takes something in the 170 range to max out the power bar in that game.

Track & Field plays with only one button though, and while this might sounds trivial, this change a lot the technique involved in mashing the buttons.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
On 6/14/2020 at 9:49 AM, BriGuy82 said:

I can hit the 170s pretty consistently but I haven't found the extra gear to break into the 180s. I think 180+ is very elite. 

I made another attempt and landed at 183. Two shy so I've not bothered to post it.

45 minutes ago, guillavoie said:

Track & Field plays with only one button though, and while this might sounds trivial, this change a lot the technique involved in mashing the buttons.

I still use my thumb and I'm pretty sure @BriGuy82 lays the controller flat and uses his fingers, so that makes a difference too.

4 hours ago, guillavoie said:

Yes, it is a completely different technique. @Bearcat-Doug is right,  for track and field I would lay the controller flat and strum the buttons. With this it's two thumbs and hyper tapping as if playing tetris.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Yes, it is a completely different technique. @Bearcat-Doug is right,  for track and field I would lay the controller flat and strum the buttons. With this it's two thumbs and hyper tapping as if playing tetris.

I hold my thumb across both buttons and hit them at the same time. I've tried your Track & Field method and it just doesn't work for me.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

20 hours ago, Gloves said:

I made another attempt and landed at 183. Two shy so I've not bothered to post it.

That's pretty good. My 178 is gonna be it for me. I doubt I could do much better anyway. Does this game have sound by the way? If it doesn't you should add some music and like a bell when ten seconds is up. In the beginning I wasn't even looking at the screen. It would be good a cue that 10 seconds is up. 

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

That's pretty good. My 178 is gonna be it for me. I doubt I could do much better anyway. Does this game have sound by the way? If it doesn't you should add some music and like a bell when ten seconds is up. In the beginning I wasn't even looking at the screen. It would be good a cue that 10 seconds is up. 

Hmmmm. The game does have a music track and sounds when you shoot. It could be that the version on the site is older/pre-music.