IGNORED

What are some of your UNpopular video game opinions? (real ones, not just ones for the sake of trolling or something)

Estil

Just now, OptOut said:

That's Link's Awakening dude. I'm talking about the boring one on the SNES. 😛

Oh wow...you don't like LttP?  I mean, like SMB3 I thought LttP was pretty much as perfect as you can get a game.  Even to this day some consider LttP to be the best of all the Zeldas.

Ooooh, that IS unpopular!

2 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh wow...you don't like LttP?  I mean, like SMB3 I thought LttP was pretty much as perfect as you can get a game.  Even to this day some consider LttP to be the best of all the Zeldas.

Ooooh, that IS unpopular!

Yeah, the combat sucks, Link's too slow and the overworld is just a real pain to navigate. I like some of the dungeons and bosses etc. but even then I prefer the dungeons in other Zelda games more. Overall the game just isn't that FUN for me, I feel like it's more of a chore. 

27 minutes ago, Makar said:

Dragon warrior monsters/dragon quest monsters joker is a better game series than Pokemon. 

Sonic is not good. The only decent one was the first one.

You think Sonic 1 is better than Sonic 2? Get right out with that one, lol, no way! Sonic 2 is the best Sonic game by far, only thing that comes close for me is Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

30 minutes ago, DarkTone said:

Until good games come out on the Switch, I won't buy one. Still never played one.

Well I guess this really depends on what you're saying. I think it could be argued that Switch in fact has the best library of any system ever, when you include physical, digital, and everything else. However, if you're talking about EXCLUSIVES, then yeah they are pretty thin on the ground.

If you are simply saying "there are no good games on the Switch", then you probably need to drink less dude. 😛

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

You think Sonic 1 is better than Sonic 2? Get right out with that one, lol, no way! Sonic 2 is the best Sonic game by far, only thing that comes close for me is Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Lol to be fair I never owned a Genesis. I only played it at my friend's house so it's possible he did have 2 and not 1

2 minutes ago, Makar said:

Lol to be fair I never owned a Genesis. I only played it at my friend's house so it's possible he did have 2 and not 1

Could you spindash in the game? Like where you hold down and charge up the spin before you release? If so, that's Sonic 2 and it's just one of the many reasons why it's much better.

3 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Could you spindash in the game? Like where you hold down and charge up the spin before you release? If so, that's Sonic 2 and it's just one of the many reasons why it's much better.

Yes so okay the 2nd one is the only decent one

7 hours ago, OptOut said:

As for my actual unpopular opinion, well... Here goes...

A Link to the Past is boring. Not a fan.

I think I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this one, lol! 😅

Whoaaa what??? That one had the most items I believe until botw. Tons of dungeons, a great world to explore. Solid game. Lttp is awesome! 

But anywho, what is your favorite Zelda if you don't like that one?

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Makar said:

Yes so okay the 2nd one is the only decent one

I have a feeling you guys haven't played Sonic Mania, that to me is by far the best Sonic game, it's at the absolute least on par with Sonic 2 and 3, but in my opinion it surpasses them. Everything about the game is superb, but the soundtrack in particular is on another level.

As for my unpopular opinion... well, I would assume this is quite an unpopular opinion anyway: I personally enjoy the Sonic games more than the Mario games. Don't get me wrong, I love both, I'm not saying I love one and hate the other, I just personally have a bit more fun playing any of the Sonic games over any of the Mario games. Also, Breath of the Wild is my personal favorite Zelda game, even if it strays away from some of the things the Zelda franchise is traditionally known for. It's essentially my version of Ocarina of Time as far as how much that games means to me, and how much I cherish it.

Not quite as unpopular as some of the bombshells that people have dropped in here, but hey, I'm generally an easy to please person when it comes to entertainment, if anything I'd be more likely to enjoy something that's generally heavily disliked than to dislike something everyone else loves.

Events Team · Posted
8 hours ago, OptOut said:

As for my actual unpopular opinion, well... Here goes...

A Link to the Past is boring. Not a fan.

I think I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this one, lol! 😅

Honestly, I can see why you wouldn't like it, even if I obviously disagree. The overworld is quite big, and can be a bit of a drag to go through (Although the game does introduce fast travel, which mostly alleviates this issue) and, while I do think the combat is pretty good, I can see how it might get repetitive or boring to some people.

18 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Open world games are boring and tedious.

I wouldn't go so far as to say this as a blanket statement, but there is some serious truth here. Fill-in-the-map collectathons like FarCry 5 and even Red Dead Redemption 2 are just not that fun anymore. The novelty of a large world and a bunch of checklists has worn off. I did appreciate Breath of the Wild's minimalist approach though.

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I wouldn't go so far as to say this as a blanket statement, but there is some serious truth here. Fill-in-the-map collectathons like FarCry 5 and even Red Dead Redemption 2 are just not that fun anymore. The novelty of a large world and a bunch of checklists has worn off. I did appreciate Breath of the Wild's minimalist approach though.

Yeah, while I disagree in general, a lot of open-world games do more or less boil down to checklists, so I can absolutely see how someone may not really enjoy that all too much.

I do agree on Breath of the Wild though, really loved that game and the approach it took.

7 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I have a feeling you guys haven't played Sonic Mania, that to me is by far the best Sonic game, it's at the absolute least on par with Sonic 2 and 3, but in my opinion it surpasses them. Everything about the game is superb, but the soundtrack in particular is on another level.

As for my unpopular opinion... well, I would assume this is quite an unpopular opinion anyway: I personally enjoy the Sonic games more than the Mario games. Don't get me wrong, I love both, I'm not saying I love one and hate the other, I just personally have a bit more fun playing any of the Sonic games over any of the Mario games. Also, Breath of the Wild is my personal favorite Zelda game, even if it strays away from some of the things the Zelda franchise is traditionally known for. It's essentially my version of Ocarina of Time as far as how much that games means to me, and how much I cherish it.

Not quite as unpopular as some of the bombshells that people have dropped in here, but hey, I'm generally an easy to please person when it comes to entertainment, if anything I'd be more likely to enjoy something that's generally heavily disliked than to dislike something everyone else loves.

On the old [NAME REDACTED] forum there was an entire thread about why Sonic the Hedgehog was never actually a good series. I would consider this a Nintendo-centric forum, so maybe it’s some leftover sentiment from the old “Genesis Does” campaign. 😉

As for the age old Mario vs. Sonic debate, it’s hard for me to say which I like more (strictly talking about the 2D games). I’ve always loved Mario and still do but I’ve found that fast-paced platformers are my comfort food/“pick-up and play for a few minutes” these days.

9 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

It’s a blanket statement; hence, why I think it’s unpopular. I never liked GTA III or any of its successors and I most certainly don’t like western RPGs or games like Spider-Man. I take no pleasure in essentially running errands. I do that enough in real life.

Also, I’m not a huge fan of 3D Mario except for the Galaxy series. Mario 64 was a HUGE disappointment for me.

Edited by ICrappedMyPants