IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Californication said:

Man. Wonder how many people are holdong meme stock bags.

Hopefully @doner24 got out with a nice profit. I put in a trailing stop order on my CLOV options and took a cool 50% profit in less than 24 hours. 😎

I also sold some NIO puts at 40 for June 18th. I'd be happy to get that stock at $40 and the $250 premium is a nice bonus.

Edited by DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Hopefully @doner24 got out with a nice profit. I put in a trailing stop order on my CLOV options and took a cool 50% profit in less than 24 hours. 😎

I also sold some NIO puts at 40 for June 18th. I'd be happy to get that stock at $40 and the $250 premium is a nice bonus.

Nice. Not sure if you guys are familiar with Roench capital on Youtube, but his chart reading etc. has basically mapped out what to do each day for AMC. I have been busy and didn't listen to him most of the time so I only made a couple grand. Listened to the discord for the first time today and made some more money.

Edited by Californication

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I’m already in the green on AMC from earlier this year, so this is just fun money. I haven’t taken any profits yet, in fact I bought $60 calls this morning that expire tomorrow when it was down at $38 😂 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Californication said:

Nice. Not sure if you guys are familiar with Roench capital on Youtube, but his chart reading etc. has basically mapped out what to do each day for AMC. I have been busy and didn't listen to him most of the time so I only made a couple grand. Listened to the discord for the first time today and made some more money.

Is he basing it off options volume? That will definitely give you an idea about resistance and support levels.

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

Is he basing it off options volume? That will definitely give you an idea about resistance and support levels.

He looks at the resistance levels on the charts i.e. areas that have been tested and retested, where consoldiation occurs during the day, whether the drawn lines are relevant/outdated, volume, IV, and there is another one I forget, he goes over the options chain and how it can be interpreted. But then he talks about whether or not the individual data is relevant given the context of the stock. He doesn't tell you exactly what to do, but he gives good analysis that a rational person can understand and use for decision making.

Edited by Californication
  • Thanks 1

Moderator · Posted
33 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Same, at a very slightly lower average.

I also tried to buy a couple option contracts last night after market closed, unfortunately they had no chance of filling this morning at open. 

Moderator · Posted
6 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Ugh, here I am picking stocks from my own research and I should just be refreshing WSB all the time.  Go figure.

Everything is different now in MEMELAND. I just keep riding the waves, even if they are short term. WISH is the latest ride, bought a couple hundred shares earlier today and it’s moving up nicely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Everything is different now in MEMELAND. I just keep riding the waves, even if they are short term. WISH is the latest ride, bought a couple hundred shares earlier today and it’s moving up nicely. 

I've been holding wish and buying more as it's been getting beaten down. I actually like them a lot. I have no idea what I'm going to do here.

15 minutes ago, doner24 said:

Yeah I just bought some CLNE calls for $10 when stock was $9.60 earlier after a WSB read, ha.  May watch WISH.

Wish I had quick time to draw some charts but I like when you see the volume pickup in a stock.  To the novices here:

Go to www.finviz.com and search your stock.  View the "Advanced" chart for the "Daily".  In the WISH example, look at the volume building. Looks like it was running about 20M daily volume, significantly above average for the last week.  When you see volume accelerating that's usually a leading indicator for a price movement one way or the other.  Then you have a bull flag breakout with today's candlestick coming above the downtrending line. 

I try to only play stocks where I like the underlying story as opposed to a pure technical play.  But worth a watch and will see!

23 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I've been holding wish and buying more as it's been getting beaten down. I actually like them a lot. I have no idea what I'm going to do here.

What does Wish do?  E-commerce like Mercari / eBay / Etsy or what?  Figured I'd ask a shareholder.

1 hour ago, jonebone said:

Where was the buy indicator / news on CLOV yesterday?  Didn't see it mentioned and now it's everywhere of course.

Pure "meme energy" that was noticed tail end of last week.

A couple of the heavy-hitters on WSB were all-in, in the 7-figure range at that point, and with AMC "peaking" at the time, the masses were primed to follow.

Supposedly there is some gamma squeeze potential, of some flavor, but who really knows whether that even matters on the meme/crowd gambles anymore.

4 minutes ago, jonebone said:

What does Wish do?  E-commerce like Mercari / eBay / Etsy or what?  Figured I'd ask a shareholder.

Kind of. Their gimmick is mostly a logistics company for discount Chinese crap sellers, trying to be a global Dollar Tree rather than a true marketplace like the aformentioned. They have a very big footprint in Europe from what I understand, just haven't figured out how to really catch on in America yet. Their customer service is very lacking. Their App is very fun to use, though. I know my wife buys crap from them every day! Earrings, slippers, clothes hangers, that kind of thing. The app acts like there's a celebration whenever you buy something like you beat a level in candy crush. Given enough time to work the kinks out, I think they will be a player.