IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

All the meme stocks taking a good hit today, some of them a bit ridiculous.

I may be a WISH Yolo fanboy at this point, been buying 100 or 200 shares a day for awhile now.  Position is up to 2500 shares around $12.05 cost averaged.  Timing the bottom is impossible on these but when you believe in something as a long play you aren't scared of trying to get some on the dips...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Lithium absolutely continuing to smash it!

Pilbara recently released their quarterly with very nice results along with their Lithium auction house being lauched. Just completed their first sale of 10,000 dmt spodumene @ $1250US! Absolutely crazy when contracts are sitting around $750US (anticipating some re negotiation of contracts coming up).

Definitely a great time to get into Lithium if you aren't already in it. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:46 PM, jonebone said:

My PZZA pick 2 weeks ago also worked out. In at 85 and now 102, 120 was my target there.

Took longer than I expected from the end of January, but PZZA finally did get the $120 I expected.  Will continue to monitor.

One for everyone in this thread... NTDOY!  I've been waiting for an entry and now's a chance.  Nintendo is 20% cheaper today than it was 1 month ago, down from $75 and equal to prices of a year ago at $59. I'm taking a small position here and hope I get more opportunities to really load up around $50.  They're so fat with cash that they are buying back shares and we know they can ride this Switch thing for awhile.  It's one of those lulls between software releases.  It could drag out 3 or 6 months or so worst case, but when blockbusters get here it's another pay day.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 1:26 PM, jonebone said:

Took longer than I expected from the end of January, but PZZA finally did get the $120 I expected.  Will continue to monitor.

One for everyone in this thread... NTDOY!  I've been waiting for an entry and now's a chance.  Nintendo is 20% cheaper today than it was 1 month ago, down from $75 and equal to prices of a year ago at $59. I'm taking a small position here and hope I get more opportunities to really load up around $50.  They're so fat with cash that they are buying back shares and we know they can ride this Switch thing for awhile.  It's one of those lulls between software releases.  It could drag out 3 or 6 months or so worst case, but when blockbusters get here it's another pay day.

I think the Steam Deck put some fear into the future of the Switch without a Switch pro. The OLED model basically fell on dead ears. In interested in seeing how the market reacts to a possible 5th anniversary w.o a hardware upgrade. 

On 8/7/2021 at 3:26 AM, jonebone said:

I’ve steered away from Nintendo over the years because it really depends on you getting in at the right time. Otherwise you could be trading sideways or down for years. Also the majority of their revenue still seems to be games/consoles. That’s slowly changing though.

For now there’s way more better opportunities out there. But worth a watch to see where they go. They are paying a nice dividend.

13 hours ago, Shmup said:

I’ve steered away from Nintendo over the years because it really depends on you getting in at the right time. Otherwise you could be trading sideways or down for years. Also the majority of their revenue still seems to be games/consoles. That’s slowly changing though.

For now there’s way more better opportunities out there. But worth a watch to see where they go. They are paying a nice dividend.

Well, it's just cash I had earning 0%, if I beat that I'm happy.  Been slowing reducing cash exposure looking for things to play, and Nintendo is a stock I want to hold regardless.

Personally speaking, I also thought the OLED was a bomb, yet it's still sold out preorders and going higher than retail of course. Retail $350 and preorders around $450-$500.  Not Earth shattering but still typical Nintendo where everyone wants it. 

I think people are underestimating 2 or more Switches per household too.  I have a dock upstairs and downstairs and may just have one for each spot.  The joycons also wear out overtime and my original blacks are worthless really.  I technically have 4 sets working sets but even one of those red / blues is annoying to play with.  If I can get an OLED at retail I'd probably take it just to save another joycon purchase and try the new hardware.

Zeldas and Marios will come and I think we're 2.5 years or less from the inevitable beefed up Switch. With the DS they went to 3DS and then finally 3DS XL (technically a DSi in there too).  Here I think they're going more from Switch to Switch XL before going to the Switch Pro XL or whatever they call it.  Buy them some more time and hit the market with technology upgrade well before PS6 and the next Xbox cycle.

Either way, just a staple stock I want to own!

• Like 1

Another great day for Lithium stocks and Pilbara (up 11%). I just hit my first bag for my original investment 🙂

JPMorgan have announced they’re bullish on lithium and believe there will be a 19% YOY increase for the next 10 years. They’ve raised their long-term spodumene price to $850US a tonne. Personally I think this is a little conservative.

Should have the Biden infrastructure bill signed soon which should help push EVs along and green infrastructure.

I’m thinking we should see Pilbara at $3 by October and hopefully a Santa rally to $3.50 by year end, short of any unforeseen disaster of course.

Very exciting times for Lithium. Be back in a month or so with more news 🙂

1 hour ago, Shmup said:

Another great day for Lithium stocks and Pilbara (up 11%). I just hit my first bag for my original investment 🙂

JPMorgan have announced they’re bullish on lithium and believe there will be a 19% YOY increase for the next 10 years. They’ve raised their long-term spodumene price to $850US a tonne. Personally I think this is a little conservative.

Should have the Biden infrastructure bill signed soon which should help push EVs along and green infrastructure.

I’m thinking we should see Pilbara at $3 by October and hopefully a Santa rally to $3.50 by year end, short of any unforeseen disaster of course.

Very exciting times for Lithium. Be back in a month or so with more news 🙂

Aren't almost all commodities up at this point in time?  Cars, Lumber, Steel, etc?

I'm playing CLF (Steel), in at the low $20s and it's almost $25 at the moment.  I added AN (AutoNation) to my watch list around $100 but never got my entry and now it's almost $120.  I'll add LTHM to my watchlist as well but pretty much any commodity seems to be up this day and age.

35 minutes ago, jonebone said:

Aren't almost all commodities up at this point in time?  Cars, Lumber, Steel, etc?

I'm playing CLF (Steel), in at the low $20s and it's almost $25 at the moment.  I added AN (AutoNation) to my watch list around $100 but never got my entry and now it's almost $120.  I'll add LTHM to my watchlist as well but pretty much any commodity seems to be up this day and age.

Yeah they are but some I don’t believe will hold. I think stuff like lumber is probably just about at peak now. Looks like iron ore is taking a small breather right now but might continue to climb.

Lithium I believe will have a very strong decade and is already hitting supply constraints for the next 3-5 years due to the huge demand and the very slow pace it takes to bring a lithium mine online.

If a company is planning to open a mine today they won’t actually be digging anything for at least 2-3 years. 

This combined with Europe and US moving their targets to 2030 for EVs and greener tech should keep the demand side coming but the supply side small.

Definitely something to keep on your watch list 🙂

The infrastructure deal will be very good to my long term position in NVVE, I think. There's been lots of resistance to break 13, but overall the stock has stabilized since the spac merger. I'm curious what's going to happen in 5 years when all the warrants issued will expire. I think NVVE will be a big deal. The US and Europe are aggressively moving towards EVs, and V2G tech seems like a no brainer to any company investing in an EV fleet, such as delivery vehicles, school buses, and construction vehicles.

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

The infrastructure deal will be very good to my long term position in NVVE, I think. There's been lots of resistance to break 13, but overall the stock has stabilized since the spac merger. I'm curious what's going to happen in 5 years when all the warrants issued will expire. I think NVVE will be a big deal. The US and Europe are aggressively moving towards EVs, and V2G tech seems like a no brainer to any company investing in an EV fleet, such as delivery vehicles, school buses, and construction vehicles.

They sound interesting. I’m going to monitor these guys. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

After WISH came down off the meme hype, I bought 1000 shares at just under $10/share. As others have discussed, this is a decent company, but I'm just using it to sell covered calls. It's a pretty reliable $250-300 per week right now since it still has a good amount of volatility.

I've pretty much gotten out of standard day trading and now almost exclusively deal in options. I've also been making great premiums selling COIN and Square puts for the past few weeks.

Edited by DoctorEncore

23 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

After WISH came down off the meme hype, I bought 1000 shares at just under $10/share. As others have discussed, this is a decent company, but I'm just using it to sell covered calls. It's a pretty reliable $250-300 per week right now since it still has a good amount of volatility.

I'm 3000 shares of WISH still and haven't sold any covered calls. I really don't want to give them away for cheap because I want to hold. But if just playing with no attachment it's a great buy at $9 and sell around $11 until earnings soon.

One I grabbed totay was ELY for buy and hold. It's Callaway Golf who have smashed every profit and revenue protection many times over. Then they did it today again and stock still dropped 5%. You need a cooldown to shake out dumb money who bought pre earning calls but it's a no brainer hold. They just added TopGolf to books this quarter and that is a massive franchise with unlimited potential. I believe 60ish nationwide with obvious room for growth and expansion.

Edited by jonebone
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, jonebone said:

I'm 3000 shares of WISH still and haven't sold any covered calls. I really don't want to give them away for cheap because I want to hold. But if just playing with no attachment it's a great buy at $9 and sell around $11 until earnings soon.

One I grabbed totay was ELY for buy and hold. It's Callaway Golf who have smashed every profit and revenue protection many times over. Then they did it today again and stock still dropped 5%. You need a cooldown to shake out dumb money who bought pre earning calls but it's a no brainer hold. They just added TopGolf to books this quarter and that is a massive franchise with unlimited potential. I believe 60ish nationwide with obvious room for growth and expansion.

Yeah, I'm not interested in WISH long term, so I started by selling the $10 weekly, $10.50 weekly, and now the $11 weekly. If it does get called away, I'll make a nice chunk of change in addition to all the premiums I've been collecting.

I'll have to look into ELY. It might be a bit before they see returns from that TopGolf investment with Delta variant sweeping the nation, but I agree that it's a great acquisition.

6 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Travel stocks are way down again, unjustly I think.

What's the latest on the meme front?

Amc was declining for like 6-7 weeks and bouncing at the bottom of its channel, but is finally showing strength. It is in a wide channel which seems to be between $31 - $38. It finally made it's way back up to the top of the channel yesterday for the first time in weeks. The base looks strong, the option chain has been bullish at 55-65% calls for almost every day for weeks. i beleieve the utilization rate is really high, like 94% but I haven't heard the exact figure for a couple.days. It was selling off hard every Fri. but it seems like it has been slowly starting to break that pattern - it still generally goes red, but last week was like 2% one of the recent weeks it was even.

Edited by Californication

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going big into SOFI now that the meme hype has settled. The stock took a beating after the last earnings report due to a big paper loss and revenue drop. Student loan refinancing is their biggest money maker so their bottom line was really hurt by pandemic student loan forbearance. That should be ending sometime in the next 6-12 months, so things are looking up. They're also growing their user base extremely fast with expansion into banking and other financial products. I kind of look at them like a mini-Square with a ton of upside. As long as the stock stays flat, I'm going to be buying shares, selling puts, and selling OTM covered calls.

Homebrew Team · Posted
Just now, Makar said:

Anyone else buy dirt cheap sub penny stocks on fidelity? If so does anyone want a list of which ones you can actually buy on fidelity? I’ve had great luck lately with a lot of these even though they can be risky. 

I have one, $MCOA...has not been doing well.  Maybe bring your luck?