IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

Just now, Deadeye said:

I have one, $MCOA...has not been doing well.  Maybe bring your luck?

Yea that’s a marijuana stock. That craze came and went pretty quickly. GRSO and CBDL are other dirt cheap pot stocks. 

here’s my list from low to high. There are way more than these but these are the cheap of the cheap. 

FTEG
GNCP
CBDL
EWLL
RBNW
RETC
TMGI
INCT
MDCN
BDGR
QBAN
PRPM
ONCI
CZNI
HCMC
GRSO
GTEH

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monthly lithium update and another solid gain for lithium prices.

Pilbara tonight completed their second auction for their extra supply. Sold for $2240us dmt (8000 tonnes sold). This is for SC5.5% quality so not even their best stuff (that is SC6%).

Overall Lithium Spodumene is sitting at the mid range of $1175US per dmt although that will probably shoot up after tonight’s auction.

I am mainly sticking with Australian Lithium miners right now for the following reasons:

- Stable government compared to South America and Africa

- One of the top countries with lithium supply

- Has companies mining now with large mines.

- Prefer hard rock mining vs brine extraction common in South American lithium deposits.

Currently holding Pilbara (asx: pls) and Liontown Resources (asx: ltr). I also have Albemarle (nyse: alb) on my watch list and might pick some of them up for a bit of diversity.

I believe lithium will continue to have a great last quarter for the year. 2022 will most likely see further supply constraints with the US and Europe starting to ramp up EVs so we should see around a further 100% lithium price gain short of some sort of black swan event.

I’ll post my next update towards the end of the year. Lots of upside still left in lithium and if you can’t get into Aussie stocks check out the lithium ETFs such as LIT.

Edit with press release:

image.png.9e964e28fa1657807f4fe6ab715de8ea.png

Edited by Shmup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've increased my liquidity significantly in light of the Evergrande crisis. There seems to be a consensus among their and our elite "intellectual" "expert" class that their gov't can contain the contagion and is being totally honest about it... Sound familiar?

It's a good time to rebalance anyway, so I'll sit tight for a few weeks and see how big of a shitstorm it's going to be.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:55 PM, DoctorEncore said:

I'm going big into SOFI now that the meme hype has settled. The stock took a beating after the last earnings report due to a big paper loss and revenue drop. Student loan refinancing is their biggest money maker so their bottom line was really hurt by pandemic student loan forbearance. That should be ending sometime in the next 6-12 months, so things are looking up. They're also growing their user base extremely fast with expansion into banking and other financial products. I kind of look at them like a mini-Square with a ton of upside. As long as the stock stays flat, I'm going to be buying shares, selling puts, and selling OTM covered calls.

SOFI went up from about 13.75 to 17.75 since I posted that message. I had it called away at 16 for a nice profit, but I'm still selling 20 puts every week. I like this stock a lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

I've increased my liquidity significantly in light of the Evergrande crisis. There seems to be a consensus among their and our elite "intellectual" "expert" class that their gov't can contain the contagion and is being totally honest about it... Sound familiar?

It's a good time to rebalance anyway, so I'll sit tight for a few weeks and see how big of a shitstorm it's going to be.

September and October are already the yearly killing fields, so this China stuff isn't helping. There are a couple Chinese stocks I'd love to get into (NIO, BABA), but timing entry is gonna be tricky.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

I’ve been holding out buying too much for the last month so I’ve got some capital ready to deploy. I’m also going to hold off for a few weeks to see where we head, no rush to jump in right now.

I’m still thinking there might be a Santa rally despite all the chaos right now.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Toast just went public, I didn't even know! Easily the best POS system for restaurants I've ever used. I know more than a few places have made the jump from lesser POS systems like POSitouch and Micros(both suck). Down 7% since ipo, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I’m interested in this company too. There are so many rubbish POS systems out there so if these guys have nailed a system they could be huge.

They seem a little expensive vs the financials but I’ll be watching them to see where they go over the next few months.

I like that this thread is on page 46 and yet not one of you that has commented has any idea how to interpret a corporate balance sheet in order to calculate a valuation for a company.  Instead you just regurgitate things you saw in a meme on WSB on Reddit.  Stonkz!

Edited by zoiks66
  • Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, zoiks66 said:

I like that this thread is on page 46 and yet not one of you that has commented has any idea how to interpret a corporate balance sheet in order to calculate a valuation for a company.  Instead you just regurgitate things you saw in a meme on WSB on Reddit.  Stonkz!

I doubt you read all 46 pages because you have no idea what you’re talking about.

People like Jonebone were in GME and doing DD before WSB even were talking about it. DoctorEncore is an options guy and has given a lot of info in that space. For this whole year I’ve done a running commentary on my lithium play. 

Pretty easy for you to come in and say people know nothing. How about you give us your DD and we’ll see how you’re sitting in a year.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Shmup said:

I doubt you read all 46 pages because you have no idea what you’re talking about.

People like Jonebone were in GME and doing DD before WSB even were talking about it. DoctorEncore is an options guy and has given a lot of info in that space. For this whole year I’ve done a running commentary on my lithium play. 

Pretty easy for you to come in and say people know nothing. How about you give us your DD and we’ll see how you’re sitting in a year.

Thank you for proving my point in a quality summary fashion.  Anyone talking about DD while not referring to bra size is a bona fide WSB autist.

Edited by zoiks66
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, zoiks66 said:

Thank you for proving my point in a quality summary fashion.  Anyone talking about DD while not referring to bra size is a bona fide WSB autist.

As a self admitted novice to retail investing, I welcome you, a person apparently much more knowledgeable than myself, to engage the community at large in a positive manner to help guide those of us with a genuine interest at improving. In other words, being a positive influence on those around us.

• Haha 2

zoiks, I guarantee I can evaluate an insurance company's stock and their financial condition better than you can. I don't invest in industries I don't understand unless I'm just dicking around with a few grand.

I think most people here are just talking about what they're investing in or generally shooting the shit. Feel free to add to the discussion with some detailed analysis if you want, but there are plenty of other forums to discuss stock valuation if you aren't happy here.

• Like 3

Moderator · Posted
16 hours ago, zoiks66 said:

Meh, if anything was proved this year, it’s that there are multiple ways to look at investing. I have multiple accounts, and invest them in different ways. 1 is a “safer” play account, based on DD of company financials. My fun account is based off of technical analysis of charts, and swings plays based on WSB and I’ve never made more money off of stocks in my life. 

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

Anyone see what’s going on with DWAC 😛

I'm fuming right now. I saw the news last night, contemplated buying at $12 premarket, and actively chose not to. Missed out on 400% profits.

I hate stocks. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

As for actually plays... WISH premiums shot way up after yesterday's big gains, so I played the $7.50 call for next week. I sold COIN at 300 today for a nice profit and have a SQ call at 262.5 for tomorrow which is going to be a close one. It's been a fantastic couple weeks for me.

I'm also still selling weekly puts on SoFi and sold my first put on BABA (170). I think it's probably okay to get back into Chinese stocks at this point.

Edited by DoctorEncore

27 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I'm fuming right now. I saw the news last night, contemplated buying at $12 premarket, and actively chose not to. Missed out on 400% profits.

Do you think it still has room to grow? Is it going to be a new platform with a huge following, or is it just a publicity stunt that will get abandoned?

Edited by phart010

9 hours ago, phart010 said:

Do you think it still has room to grow? Is it going to be a new platform with a huge following, or is it just a publicity stunt that will get abandoned?

No. I think it will crash down to the $10-$15 range within a few days. But I clearly don't know anything about anything haha.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

No. I think it will crash down to the $10-$15 range within a few days. But I clearly don't know anything about anything haha.

No telling how soon it would drop, but I agree the long term prospect seems dubious, since it isn't particularly clear how they would make money, unless they are running paid subscription.

It just seems like a brand gamble to affiliate a business with that particular platform by paying for advertising.