IGNORED

Stock Analysis and Trades Thread

Daniel_Doyce

Welp, it looks like I'll be working until I die.

In other news, I'm making steady money on SoFi puts and calls. It's probably one of the only fintechs that isn't overvalued. I know I've been harping on it for a while and it's tanked, but I still have a lot of faith in Square/Block going crazy over the next 5-10 years.  Everything else is in the dumpster and I'm just holding my index funds and good stocks (Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, etc).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/19/2022 at 11:29 PM, Daniel_Doyce said:

It's been real quiet here.

Insurtechs have been eating a big dick over the last year, mainly because people are realizing their business models, for the most part, don't make any sense. ROOT is in the $3 territory, Lemonade has cratered, and MILE is even worse. I was thinking about shorting ROOT for a while but waited too long.

Root laid off 20% of its employees after I wrote this on Wednesday, and the stock went down another 17% on Friday. I wouldn't recommend buying it since nothing has changed about its fundamentals. Their 4Q combined ratio will be interesting to see.

42 minutes ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Root laid off 20% of its employees after I wrote this on Wednesday, and the stock went down another 17% on Friday. I wouldn't recommend buying it since nothing has changed about its fundamentals. Their 4Q combined ratio will be interesting to see.

I just looked into them. I'm disappointed that Root doesn't sell French fries, hashbrowns, and other potato products. No wonder they are struggling!

My EV play(NVVE) took a 60% haircut from a month ago on no news. I've been buying the whole way down and am north of 150 shares now and brought my avg below $10. The floor could be a buck and I'd still be buying. I am sold on the story of V2G and the long term future of it and they have partnerships with most every commercial EV startup. 

I still like PFGC also. It's not like restaurants have gotten slower like is been reported. They aren't going anywhere, and I expect spring to bring another booming season as outdoor dining opens up. I love it in the $40 range right now, though it wouldn't surprise me if it fell to the mid 30s. PFGC is still expanding and buying up local distributors and remains a true rival to Sysco.

Member · Posted

How are people going during this rocky time? I took a chunk of profit off the table just in case we really start free falling if (when?) Russia invade and the Fed's interest rate rises kill the market. Will have the cash ready to re deploy once some stability returns.

• 3 months later...