IGNORED

The Spreading (And Potentially Deadly) Coronavirus Epidemic....

jonebone

29 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

South Africa did the right thing by reporting the omicron variant, despite the initial repercussions and bans placed on them.

China tried to shift the blame against them elsewhere during the initial outbreak, then the WHO refused to listen to warnings and concerns from Taiwan. Heck, why was the latest virus termed omicron? Isn't there a Greek letter we're oddly missing?

Fauci bought into all of that early shit, that makes him equally as guilty as the others.

If the WHO would have been a non-biased organisation this pandemic would have been over a long time ago, with half as many deaths.But the whole thing is just politics and China.

Talk about hate crimes, well racism isn't a crime, but the "No foreigners allowed" signs are starting to pop up again in shop / restaurant windows in northern Taiwan, as the local governments sneakily shifted the blame for the latest outbreaks back on foreigners, mostly SEA ones.

Now I love Taiwan, but you guys gotta remember that such prejudices and racism occur everywhere, and most often it's caused by fear and ignorance. Taiwan isn't a particularly violent society, so it generally stops at racist acts, but it's essentially the same.

Same here I was thinking of posting something of the sort on a couple things here.  That lady in SA was just awesome letting that stew, learning about it, charting things, and then putting it out there fast and hard in the media so the usual clown car parade couldn't downplay or disinform about it since it wouldn't fit the narrative.  And yet still as you said, petty shenanigans ensued because of the open honesty of that doctor who wasn't playing politics, just freshly learned medical science of it.

And the other would be what you said, the whole Taiwan/WHO bs as they knew and knew before it got public(and outside the region when it could have been contained) but the WHO kowtowed to their buddies and buried it because being told to do so.  There's no reason to ever hate on asians, hate on China, hate on the Chinese, but there is 100% reason to hate on the CCP with their nauseatingly evil party playbook run by what's essentially a presentator in chief (PRESident+dicTATOR) who's looking to control everything and everyone they can get claws into.  Genocide, forced labor, re-education centers, torture, forced behavior, the list goes on.

Going into day 4 of this my fever is gone and I finally got some sleep for the first time in the last 3 nights. Other than a sore throat and some mild chest congestion, I'm feeling fairly well so far this morning. I've also managed to hit the triple crown of respiratory diseases since I had bronchitis and pneumonia last year. I expect my trophy in the mail any day now.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 4

@FenrirZero what? That was never my point lol. But since this is going around and around and around I’m just going to drop it. Next time someone says some stupid conspiracy shit I’ll still be there to call them out.

@darkchylde28 Let’s unpack this because I have a few minutes.

1- I read through that whole article with nothing that showed that Fauci was getting some sort of kickback from CCP or in choots, so thanks for posting that but there was nothing in there to support that point.

2-you “put up with me”? Is that supposed to be some sort of joke? Do you really think I give a fuck about what you have to say about me? dont hold back. Tanooki doesnt need you white knighting him either. 

3- I voluntarily step ped down as a mod  because I couldn’t focus on the site the way it needed to be focused on. I know the rules, and I know I’m not breaking them. If Amod wants to reach out to me and tell me what rules I am breaking , they’ll know how to reach me.

4-No matter how many words you write, you are not the moral arbiter of this site. let me be clear and say I’m going to post what I want when I want as long as it falls in line with the rules of the site. You however, hold ZERO authority over me. 

5- Every member on this site could send you a PM about how mean I am, and it’s 100% irrelevant. If my freedom of speech is too much for your little group of  MrWunderful haters, then ignore me. I will say I am flattered that you guys have a group chat about me. 

6-Talking about hairless bodies weird and creepy so stop

7- give up on the “Grow up” schtick. Its whinny. 

Look dude, we can be buddies. I don’t hold grudges. But just know that my behavior is not going to change in this thread in the politics thread. There was good discussion going on between Dave and OPty, so I stayed out. But since you keep dragging it back I will keep responding. You not posting would have saved a lot of space in this thread, and like I said earlier I’m posting is going to stay 100% the same so essentially it was all for not.

Edited by MrWunderful
  • Thanks 1

All this back-and-forth and I forgot to post this:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/amp/S-F-lifts-indoor-mask-requirement-for-offices-16811182.php

The CliffsNotes is they are softening the mask mandate if you are fully vaxxed. 

The masks never really bothered me, although it makes working construction very difficult because of the safety glasses you’re required to wear. No amount of anti-fog can stop those from fogging up when it’s 40° out And you were working up a sweat. 

37 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/amp/S-F-lifts-indoor-mask-requirement-for-offices-16811182.php

The masks never really bothered me, although it makes working construction very difficult because of the safety glasses you’re required to wear. No amount of anti-fog can stop those from fogging up when it’s 40° out And you were working up a sweat. 

Well we're required to wear a mask while jogging in a park, or even worse, while cycling alone in the countryside. Yet masks aren't required for huge-ass indoor fancy-schmancy round table dinners.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

So I realized that if I pull my mask higher up on the bridge of my nose, my glasses don't fog anymore. Not sure If that carries to construction goggles, but works for regular eye wear.

Edited by Californication

43 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Well we're required to wear a mask while jogging in a park, or even worse, while cycling alone in the countryside. Yet masks aren't required for huge-ass indoor fancy-schmancy round table dinners.

Yes, the old do as I say, not as I do. 

I will have to check, as I don’t think my county requires masks outdoors anymore. I know they always keep the disclaimer that if you’re not vaccinated then you should have a mask on, however

10 minutes ago, Californication said:

So I realized that if I pull my mask higher up on the bridge of my nose, my glasses don't fog anymore. Not sure If that carries to construction goggles, but works for regular eye wear.

My optometrist said the same thing. I feel like I should’ve tried that already but I’ll have to give it a shotMy optometrist said the same thing. I feel like I should’ve tried that already but I’ll have to give it a shot

9 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Yes, the old do as I say, not as I do. 

I will have to check, as I don’t think my county requires masks outdoors anymore. I know they always keep the disclaimer that if you’re not vaccinated then you should have a mask on, however

No, the problem is that the old aren't doing anything, and that's why we're looking at a potential lockdown again.

Accountability and responsibility, damn I sound like a broken record. Why are we even making sacrifices for those that don't want/ care about this?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

My optometrist said the same thing. I feel like I should’ve tried that already but I’ll have to give it a shotMy optometrist said the same thing. I feel like I should’ve tried that already but I’ll have to give it a shot

Get a new optometrist if it fails?

10 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Is that the world's first double-post within the SAME post?

Have we just witnessed Post-ception? 🤣

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Hey, guess who was dining in public after testing positive? And is un-vaxxed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/27/world/sarah-palin-covid-nyc-unvaccinated.html

Yeah, well this piece of shit ABC broke quarantine to visit his shag piece last September, only got a slap on the wrist. F, I lost much more money in pay due to selfish idiots like him.

14 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Not aggravated, just wondering what timewarp you fell into.

Anyway, buy Apple stocks.

You want me to invest in some...fruit company?

If only I had the good sense to start a stocks/investment portfolio back when the DJ was only in the 6000s...

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

I hope your optometrist is nothing like this one!!

32 minutes ago, Estil said:

No!  She was my girl back in 2008! 😞   I was one of your biggest fans back in 2008 and I got vaxxed and so should you!

Don't count on her getting it. She even told a huge crowd last month she's not getting vaxxed.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/watch-sarah-palin-proudly-tells-raucous-turning-point-rally-crowd-she-will-get-vaccinated-over-my-dead-body/

35 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Don't count on her getting it. She even told a huge crowd last month she's not getting vaxxed.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/watch-sarah-palin-proudly-tells-raucous-turning-point-rally-crowd-she-will-get-vaccinated-over-my-dead-body/

Did she have to say "over my dead body" though? 😞   Sarah don't make me have to get out that Pee Wee Herman tape...

Edited by Estil

7 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

@FenrirZero what? That was never my point lol. But since this is going around and around and around I’m just going to drop it. Next time someone says some stupid conspiracy shit I’ll still be there to call them out.

Then I apologize. The whole argument between you two had me believe you thought he was working with either the Community College of Philadelphia... Or the other guys. And both always sound fishy. But then again, I am trying to make heads and tails of every argument here, even though I prefer being in Tokyo (my ex-fiancée lives in Osaka) right now. 😅

And besides... I should have also noted that the Chinese Government has a long history of acting like their needs are more important than the needs of their citizens. To the point I am also wondering why a Wuhan-based game company was allowed to co-create Showa American Story.

But even then Sarah Palin is currently ignoring CDC guidelines by eating out while she tested positive for COVID. With this being the second time she got it. 😩

Edited by FenrirZero