IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

Graphics Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, Sumez said:

It isn't, for some reason. But Bomberman 93 is sort of that game but better... And hell a lot harder. 

94 feels more like a major shift in design, with a bigger focus on stage gimmicks and special enemies. 

Bummer. Well, If I start collecting hu-cards, I'll put the original Bomberman on my list. I definitely would've overlooked it by assuming it's the same as the NES port.

-CasualCart

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.  I just got to 100% after chipping away at 80-something stages over several months.  Not doing Mirror Mode, at least not now.  Need a break!

Speaking of, I hate how the game nags you with "Why don't you take a break?" after you've been playing for roughly 30 minutes.  That was sometimes just one stage, especially on the "K" levels.

And then there's stage 5-8, "Muncher Marathon", which will forever haunt me with nightmare fuel.  Google it only if you're not afraid of being chased by large swarms of spiders.  Seriously, WHAT is this level doing in a game rated "E" for Everyone?

One other thought: I miss the Kremlings.  The Tikis just aren't nearly as interesting.  Not sure why the change was made at all.

Anyway, all gripes aside, this is a really well-made platformer.  It was definitely well worth the playthrough.  Need to finish Tropical Freeze someday as well!

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted

Today I managed to roll the score in Deadly Duck [Atari 2600]!

This feels like one of my personal greatest gaming accomplishments (right up there with rolling the score in Turmoil), because things can go south really fast in this game, and it took a fair bit of endurance to keep at it without any breaks for 1 1/2 hours straight.

-CasualCart

1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

Deadly Duck - 114,630 [1/b]

I've spent the last week slowly improving at this game, and today I finally broke 100k to roll the score!

It took 1 1/2 hours of uninterrupted brick-dodging and crab-shooting to make it happen (no pausing in Atari games), but it was worth it!

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.5dd2a51419078f3c7a8d45c5c4bf02b9.jpeg

• Like 2

Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge
this game is (was?) a free* download only title on the Wii-U. it requires amiibo to play, so free is relative here. it's a puzzle game like the rest of the Mario vs Donkey Kong series. simple puzzles that end up with quite a bit of complexity by the end. i enjoyed this game as a rebound game- great to play in pieces around more enthralling games.
had to borrow the final amiibo (Rosalina) from a friend to get the last few stars and unlock the final stage.

20230219_214014.jpg

20230219_213347.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 10:12 PM, rdrunner said:

And then there's stage 5-8, "Muncher Marathon", which will forever haunt me with nightmare fuel.  Google it only if you're not afraid of being chased by large swarms of spiders.  Seriously, WHAT is this level doing in a game rated "E" for Everyone?

For the same reason the River Styx and Underworld are in Super Paper Mario, I guess.

image.jpeg.88c4cc8481e1c0878672f126ed23517f.jpeg

Or Mimi snapping her neck and transforming into a giant spider with gears in her head.

Edited by MegaMan52

image.jpeg.4500f229d48886272a09bdc394be5e33.jpeg

image.jpeg.d8d7eb3c0ff33de779a0558314416518.jpeg

image.jpeg.875cdae998dc8e3a0c3960c2b6175ff5.jpeg

image.jpeg.ab60292a9b3bd82e099f0ca50e8fcdd6.jpeg

I played a short game this time, due to the fact that I've been busy. I decided to beat the prototype of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive version of Aladdin included in Disney Classics Games Collection for Switch. I believe it is included in the original version of the collection, but I played it on the expanded version that includes The Jungle Book. Once you've beaten it, the game just goes back to the title screen. Still fun and interesting.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 12:12 AM, rdrunner said:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D.  I just got to 100% after chipping away at 80-something stages over several months.  Not doing Mirror Mode, at least not now.  Need a break!

Speaking of, I hate how the game nags you with "Why don't you take a break?" after you've been playing for roughly 30 minutes.  That was sometimes just one stage, especially on the "K" levels.

One other thought: I miss the Kremlings.  The Tikis just aren't nearly as interesting.  Not sure why the change was made at all.

Anyway, all gripes aside, this is a really well-made platformer.  It was definitely well worth the playthrough.  Need to finish Tropical Freeze someday as well!

I messed around with the wii version for a bit. It was pretty good, but really lacked the flavor of the SNES ones. One thing I wasn't a big fan of was how floaty the platforming felt in comparison to the snes titles. It almost felt like Rayman, which while not a bad thing feels like a totally different game. Still I enjoyed what I have played for the most part. A couple other games currently have my attention so I may return to it at some point for a proper playthough.

megamanscreen1.jpg.c7a6d4f76e4e596f395a19a4f2430a12.jpg

megamanscreen2.jpg.95655507a0ca6e25ce91e3860ed4c303.jpg

megamanscreen3.jpg.4581d2af4e153fa6b26fb5bbbde45c03.jpg

megamanscreen4.jpg.177dd749ea88a0e0ad4148a128909cc9.jpg

megamanscreen5.jpg.6ef09c2c159f3e86ae53c226e8599c15.jpg

megamanscreen6.jpg.c4e669a69b55535a44a0ed056fb08e0c.jpg

Beat Mega Man: The Power Battle in Mega Man Battle & Fighters for Neo Geo Pocket Color (played on Switch). I played the game using all three characters: Mega Man in the Mega Man 1-2 course, Protoman in the Mega Man 3-6 course, and Bass in the Mega Man 7 course.

The Neo Geo Pocket Color version is sure missing a lot of the music from the Arcade version (Cutman's music is used a lot), but I really like the chiptune versions of the music that is included (especially Mega Man's theme). The graphics took a big hit, but the backgrounds look reasonably good. Gameplay is pretty much the same as the Arcade version. Even though the Arcade version is better, I actually still kind of like this version.

Edited by MegaMan52

I keep forgetting about this forum and I wish I didn't. But, beat some stuff since January!

• Like 1

Finished Yoku's Island Express. Despite not being very good at them, I'm quite a fan of pinball and video games that use pinball mechanics. Yoku was a nice addition to the genre, with a hint of Metroidvania and some other neat features. Colorful art style, pleasant music. A pretty nice game all around.

• Like 2

I finally beat this (not so good) Megaman clone by Sintax. The Chinese name is 新疯狂啊给-泡泡堂, but on old copyright databases its English name is listed as Super Bombmen. They just reskinned an earlier (much rarer) game they made called Zook Hero 3 to make this one. To my knowledge gameplay is unchanged between the two, but I don't have Zook Hero 3, so I cannot 100% confirm that. The other Zook Hero games were made by a different company called Vast Fame, who is very popular among Westerners who like old Taiwanese games

Super Bombmen (Sintax).JPG

I beat Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies last night. I liked it, but not as much as DQ VIII (which I beat last month). It's lacking a main villain and makes a lot of the game feel a little aimless. DQ games do this a lot, where most of the game is built around smaller vignettes, but the stakes felt much lower in this one. The final boss's name is first mentioned about 75% into the game and you meet him for the first time about 2 hours before the credits.

It only took 37 hours, which is pretty short.  This one has no set roster, you create your own team like DQ III or FF I. I modeled my team after specific characters that required specific weapon choices that probably took an extra 5 hours of grinding, so it could have been even shorter. I'd like to play it again someday on an emulator so I can upscale the graphics and mod in the orchestral OST. 

• Like 1

Kinda beat most of forza horizon 5, have all the cars in the regular store, 638? Of 689? Photos, mostly done with hot wheels content, and mostly all events in both but not all 3 starred so not really beat all either way. The update with rally comes at the end of the month .

Same with horizon 4, not perfect but most events completed as well as both expansions, don't have all the cars yet though.

Still enjoying both though!

Beat hi fi rush on normal, pretty fun rhythm platformer from bethesda, digging the music - I was surprised with nine inch nails(couple songs!) and the joy formidable songs being background in levels, started back at it on easy and am at level 5 now.

• Like 1

Finished Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry on the Switch, I hadn't played any Larry game since the 90s and honestly I think they did a pretty good job with this one, the humor is good (including lots of references to the original LSL game), the puzzles were fun and (with a few exceptions) not overly difficult to figure out. Right now both Switch games are on sale so it's a good time to pick them up.

• Like 1