IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

Beat Typoman (2017) last night on PC.  Having just beat Typing of the Dead on Dreamcast, my interest was piqued in quirky games like that.  While not a typing game, it's a 2D platform puzzler with a unique wordplay mechanic.  I really enjoyed it! Very creative level designs and cutscenes.  The platforming was fun between the puzzle designs too, not overly difficult but balanced.   The story was well-told through visual environmental and wordplay interactions, it was pretty clever. The length was just right for me at ~3.5 hours first playthrough. 

typoman_beaten_001.jpeg.53f73c14c822eb2afe1ee06467da82f6.jpeg

• Like 2

Following my Balloon Fight max score, I have gotten the max score in Trick Shot in Hogan's Alley!

HogansAlleyTrickShotPerfectScore!.png.571d9886b21f6df55471b6ca4592b61b.png

I sat far away from the TV, but close enough to make sure all my shots work.

Jynx's Lovely Hints!

• You can drop ten cans before the game ends, and the most dangerous times are when cans group together. You can't hit two cans at the same time, so be careful, and separate cans from each other!
  • Being greedy for the bottom 5000 point slot is fun, but know when it's too risky! Try to learn the trajectory of higher cans that will safely land in the 5000 points. Learning that will also help you know when to chicken out and shoot the can into the 800 points when you know it won't work.
  • Shooting a can far above the screen removes it from play! If you get flustered after dropping a can, start a round by shooting some cans off screen to collect yourself with an easier round.
  • Shooting a can gives you 100 points every time, so shoot cans whenever you can! As cans go into the point slots, be cheeky and sneak an extra shot on them when you have the chance!
  • If you want to hit the true maximum score, get close to the loop point, and increase your score by 100 at a time by shooting cans repeatedly.

I got the max score at round 63, as I had been greedy with getting the 5000 points a lot. If you play slowly, it's very easy to reach the max score. The real fun is how quickly you can do it. 🙂

Edited by Jynx
  • Like 2

I beat Round 10 of Game Mode B in Hogan's Alley!

HogansAlleyBRound11.png.26e89ecea25bb14f496fc4b2612b5dd2.png

Each trip through town is a round, and each round is five screens. Every two rounds the background changes colours, up until round 11 where the colour loop restarts. Round 9 and 10 are where the speed hits maximum, so the game doesn't do anything new after round 10. This is when the mode is basically won!

Round1Colours.png.ba6e189ebbc1e9d64d3a3f1e932c34f9.pngRound11ColourReset.png.7963b6fece2a0647e1488b256a048e71.png

Jynx's Lovely Hints!

• The hardest screen is the 3rd, then 2nd, 4th, 1st, then 5th.
  • If you catch yourself pulling the trigger at a civilian, swing your zapper away from them!
  • During downtime, keep your zapper aimed at spots where the targets come face out!
  • There are five targets each screen, and only two can be on screen at a time. Keep count!
  • Only two targets can be on screen, but they don't always appear at the same time!
  • Train yourself to ALWAYS be ready for this old man. He's very easy to shoot by mistake!

HoganGentleman.png.200f7121a6f67de42a45e96a070b835b.png

Edited by Jynx
  • Like 3

On 5/13/2023 at 10:51 AM, cj_robot said:

I just beat Kabuki: Quantum Fighter for the first time in a long time. This is my kind of NES action game. Definitely challenging, but never too cheap or unfair. Also, doesn't hurt that it looks great, sounds great and controls great. 👍

The good news about this game is that once you know what to do it is very easy to consistently beat deathless.

Glad to see the Kabuki Quantum Fighter love here - one of my all time favorites, to the point where I made it my Fightcade screenname. 

I'm near the end of playthrough 2 of the Resident Evil 4 remake, here. Been playing this one a lot lately, and  getting in some runs of Ninja Gaiden II and Double Dragon III on NES, for my quick action fix. 

• Like 1

The System Shock remake releases in a few hours. If you're looking for me over the next few weeks, I'll be on Citadel Station giving a rogue A.I. the "middle finger salute".

Edit: Sorry. Meant to put this in the "currently playing" thread. 😑

Edited by Webhead123
  • Haha 1

image.jpeg.0ffaf28bb0f42d3d0b493cd49c5b51a1.jpeg

image.jpeg.1bb233e27a9b9e35f0bbf791046259ee.jpeg

image.jpeg.3376713f98495bb539d867d3008fe81e.jpeg

Beat Eggerland Episode 0: Quest of Lala, an Adventures of Lolo PC game released only in Japan (like most other games in the series). It has 32 rooms and a Construction mode that allows you to make your own levels/rooms. I believe it is a demo.

I hope to get a physical copy of "Revival! Eggerland" someday. I've seen it on eBay before.

Edited by MegaMan52

I spent that past 2 weeks playing LoZ: Breath of the Wild. I've owned it since the Wii U, but never got a chance to get very far into it without my son taking over my file. But since he's got Tears of the Kingdom now, I figured I'd finally have chance to beat it. I was expecting it to a lot longer to beat the story, but it I think it was only around 32 to get to the credits. I do have the DLC, so I'll probably go back and play that eventually.

• Like 1

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World

The game’s fun but it’s so short that it feels totally insubstantial. It’s not particularly hard or unique either. They almost had a cool thing going here but didn’t quite get there.

That last sentence is probably about how I’d sum up the Master System in general, really.

4E485F2D-6BC8-4C1B-BB48-8E1D8E7384E7.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkTone said:

Bioshock 2. Confusing ending but enjoyed it. 

By far my favorite game of the trilogy. The story overall is much more nuanced than the original and I think it is the better of the two, although it lacks the same level of dramatic "sting" as Bioshock. I think it demands more from the player to truly follow the implications but the reward for paying attention to those subtleties is greater.

And if you haven't played the Minerva's Den DLC...do so. It's probably the best and most interesting stuff the series has to offer.

Edited by Webhead123

4 hours ago, Webhead123 said:

By far my favorite game of the trilogy. The story overall is much more nuanced than the original and I think it is the better of the two, although it lacks the same level of dramatic "sting" as Bioshock. I think it demands more from the player to truly follow the implications but the reward for paying attention to those subtleties is greater.

And if you haven't played the Minerva's Den DLC...do so. It's probably the best and most interesting stuff the series has to offer.

I saw the DLC and got tempted. Should I play the other one first.... or at all?