IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

12 hours ago, Gloves said:

Nice! I'm not too far in yet, but one of my favourite things to do is take an otherwise difficult encounter, lure them to a spot with my druid in cat form, and have someone else sneak up and push them into a chasm. Sure, I don't get loot (pickpocket first!), but it's hilarious every time. The freedom of approach is great. 

Absolutely. Without spoiling anything, let's just say that I trivialized a couple of late-game boss encounters with a little ingenuity and a "nudge" off a sharp cliff. 😉

2 hours ago, T-Pac said:

Wow - congrats!

Do you use any of those special controller techniques, like hypertapping or rolling?

[T-Pac]

My playstyle is hybrid das and tapping but I'm not a hypertapper as my max tapping rate is similar to what you get with das. I make use of das + extra quick tap technique a lot as well.

I've tried playing around with rolling but can't get it to work at all.

• Like 1

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
picks up where the first one left off. a fun puzzle platformer that is made up of 8 Worlds, of 9 Stages each. You must navigate your Mini Marios to the exit, collecting coins and avoiding hazards and enemies. 
It's not terribly challenging, although there some tricky stages and mazes along the way. it's a perfect game to pick up, play a handful of stages, and set down.

20230905_183118.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

I've continued playing Kaycees mod on Inscryption. I've done every level of challenge mode which unlocks a Final Boss. Next I'll be going for the "all skulls active at once" trophy, after which the Platinum should come easily. 

Inscryption remains one of the most impressive games I've played in a long time. I would once again highly *highly* recommend it to just about anyone. 

IMG_20230928_184815.jpg

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Just got the Skull Storm trophy on Inscryption (PS5). Requires that you beat it with all challenge skull active and that makes it HEAVILY RNG reliant, so it took a solid amount of attempts. Got there in the end though, and a hard fought victory is better than one handed to you. 

At this point there's nothing in my way to get the Platinum, and while it's not something I really focus on for every game these days, it's still nice to do for games I really like and this is, again, among the best I've played in a long time. 

• Like 1

AB44C2BC-6876-4F82-A91E-F292047124A9.jpeg.ade122c92e414ebaa118843b3393827e.jpeg

Just beat Metal Gear for the first time. Couldn't have done it without saving frequently and consulting GameFAQs. This would have been impossible to figure out on my own. I was using the "tranceiver trick" to freeze the pit traps. Was this a glitch or the intended game mechanism? Because I don't think it could have been beaten without it. 
One thing I don't understand is that the stealth part of the game was barely a factor 99% of the game the enemies were always on high alert and chasing me down the moment I stepped onto any new screen

Edited by G-type
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, G-type said:

One thing I don't understand is that the stealth part of the game was barely a factor 99% of the game the enemies were always on high alert and chasing me down the moment I stepped onto any new screen

It sounds like you had the enemy bug in your inventory, which when held causes the enemy to always know your location and set off alarms immediately when entering a new screen. You can get rid of it by selecting it on the inventory screen.

Nicely done though! I did a blind live playthrough earlier this year and it took me around 6 hours to beat without a guide. The map is rather convoluted so there was a lot of pointless running around but otherwise it was a pretty good game. I also used to pause trick to get around those gaps, especially at that one part where it's like 5 rooms of nothing but them, so I have no idea if it's actually possible without. I'm looking forward to playing Snake's Revenge soon.

24 minutes ago, TheGameDisplay said:

It sounds like you had the enemy bug in your inventory, which when held causes the enemy to always know your location and set off alarms immediately when entering a new screen. You can get rid of it by selecting it on the inventory screen.

I just noticed it. Guess I could have made the game slightly easier if I had ditched it. Oh well.

4 hours ago, G-type said:

This would probably have made a lot of sense to you if you had played the original Metal Gear. The NES port is unfortunately famously broken and developed in like a week by a single poor fella. 

Stealth is definitely optional in the nes one. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sumez said:

This would probably have made a lot of sense to you if you had played the original Metal Gear. The NES port is unfortunately famously broken and developed in like a week by a single poor fella. 

Stealth is definitely optional in the nes one. 

Some strange design choices in this one, like not showing the “Metal gear” weapon

• Like 1