IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Social Team · Posted

I'm STOKED!  I got a new (open box) PSVR finally.  Also got some PSVR games to add to the collection  I won't repost those games.  You can can just click the link below.

PSVR deserves the repost along with head wearing post..

Spoiler

bRJn3b0.jpg

zURbm0X.jpg

Got a another "old" tech Head Mounted Display that is 720p resolution.  By far the most goofiest looking thing to wear.

Spoiler

DjKMENi.jpg

SbDX5pt.jpg

Here are the games I got this month that aren't PSVR

dUFvVq6.jpg

IpTYwts.jpg

• Like 7

First pickup is a book dedicated to the history and reviewing of CRPGs. I’m always on the lookout for CRPG games to try and this one will probably keep me busy for life. There are around 600 games.

I’ve only read a few reviews but they read a lot like a @Reed Rothchild review, easy to read, a bit of a personal anecdote and doesn’t get bogged down in too many technical things. When’s the SNES book coming Reed?

There is also a JRPG version of this book that I plan to get at some point.

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg.8cee6e7369df3ef20e455de34874ad60.jpeg

Also another lot of GBA games.

FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg.aca74ea1a6a97fba11546b4b904c4c29.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

I know I'm late to the party and all here...

There is also the role that tanuki play in Japanese mythology. Together with foxes and cats, they are one of the Big Three shapeshifters in Japanese legends. One of their favorite pastimes is to visit bars and brothels and pay with old leaves magically disguised as money.

...but I just love the idea of a Tanooki strolling into a bar unnoticed for what he is and paying with old leaves before slipping out!  

In my mind it looks a lot like a piece of @T-Pac artwork.

(for any confused by this post, see posts at top of page)

• Like 2

Been a while! Been too busy with work lately to post any of my pickups. Here's most of the stuff to come in: 

3Ga14GO.jpg

Various strategy guides I didn't already have and the latest Nintendo Force issue!

dbs6oi8.jpg

While on vacation in Winter Haven FL I visited a local game shop and found these gems at nice prices. 

The rest of the stuff I am about to show you is almost all from a huge Buyee.jp run I did a couple months ago. 

BHvmqFm.jpg

Mario Hanafuda style folder, two Hamtaro strategy guides (one you cannot see behind the other), and a bunch of Animal Crossing Amiibo card packs, most are Japanese. 

ZRVLR0i.jpg

OK so story time. I've always been into collecting Club Nintendo stuff from any region. Usually I will look for bundles. Recently I got interested in looking for Nintendo playing cards or toys, not Club Nintendo related. I ended up going down a rabbit hole with this. So in this picture we have: 

• Nintendo Magic Cards, I think from the 70s, before they started making video games. 
  • Club Nintendo 2011 desk calendar
  • Nintendo Sound Selection Vol 2 LOUD MUSIC CD
  • 5 Nintendo playing cards in plastic cases from various years: Super Donkey Kong, generic, Super Mario World plastic cards with see-through details, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and a promotional card deck which seems to commemorate a train company in Japan. Apparently Nintendo would make promo card decks to coincide with various game releases or other notable things, but also makes some generic playing cards with just cool designs on them. 
  • Labo masking tape
  • Joy-con straps

ntR6mn3.jpg

This is the interior of the magic card set. You are supposed to wear the blue glasses and then you can see the suit of the card on the back (the one on top has very faint K's). The person you are trying to trick might ask you why you are wearing weird blue glasses, but nevermind that!

vsJBpjQ.jpg

More Club Nintendo stuff. I think the Super Mario Maker 2 set on the left is a bunch of magnets for designing levels. 

nygcKQd.jpg

Ignore the ornament, I posted that one before. 

Top row is the bonus items for preorders of Majora's Mask 3D on Amazon.jp. Bottom left is large size playing cards. 

4BbUUuD.jpg

Two Club Nintendo shirts and a set of 3 handkerchiefs. 

OQLmwwT.jpg

Sakeburein with original shipping box

7FkMDRz.jpg

Two more playing card sets, one is for Mario Kart 64, then some things not from Japan. 

That's all for now!

• Like 11
  • Love 2

@avatar! I do, one of the best ever by leaps and bounds, the Star Trek 25th Anniversary cluebook.  The crazy thing is, it's actually a novella, then a clue book.  There's a PDF online, or if you ever bought it on GOG they scanned the entire thing.  IT's maybe a 1/2" thick and most of it is the stories of the stages done as mini novel style stories within by each of the scenario writers.  The cool thing is, one was done by DC Fontana the popular ToS screen/story writer and she penned that entire book and story for the game.  At the back end, then is the clue book of the steps to take to clear each stage.  EVen when I got rid of the physical game, I kept the book. 😄

• Like 1