IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

image.jpeg.6f363a599dcdca6992b3a3cb719fab98.jpeg

image.jpeg.025fdd2940ca4939b84c98f1f6c59c7f.jpeg

Got Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Local purchase.

image.jpeg.46c3f565431e523aeabaa42331a368c0.jpeg

image.jpeg.e103de810be47e8955430594ba6ef9ea.jpeg

Got Little Big Planet on PS3, with case, manuals, and guide.

image.jpeg.205e4a4a728b95dbdb421d1d578a2ecc.jpeg

image.jpeg.fafc8788c53e859183f93fe29c660991.jpeg

Got Killzone 2 for free from the same seller who sold me Little Big Planet.

image.jpeg.df4b543f51e000d4162c08374e9e7e17.jpeg

Downloaded Orn, a Game Boy Advance homebrew from Tom Happ (Axiom Verge) that is based on the original Metroid for NES.

image.jpeg.5817c0acc84c3e134c4cfcfa9c79fc45.jpeg

image.jpeg.5ebc9777033ad49fe05d5f88878cad8b.jpeg

image.jpeg.da7875cc39831102d8ffe71d2ea5ee7a.jpeg

These posters aren't new additions to my collection. I was looking through some issues of Nintendo Power that I've had for over a decade and decide to put up these posters: Jurassic Park (NES. SNES, and original Game Boy), Street Racing Syndicate (GameCube), and Spider-Man 2 (GameCube).

image.jpeg.9a25f8bdbdc3effe794257dc268c609f.jpeg

image.jpeg.b9ee042bc24d6a9a1edf6b98c3993cfc.jpeg

image.jpeg.cce8f908d489f3a92986e79877672c83.jpeg

Went to Monster Jam. Watched the entire show, and also got a Grave Digger toy.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6

image.jpeg.422e7decc58679053c85560c5dbb529f.jpeg

image.jpeg.20b49c52d6155994f5a2ab8a3236f75d.jpeg

It took a lot of looking around to find this. Oh sure, I could've easily bought it on eBay. But I would've had to pay $45-$50 because of the shipping.

I checked over fifteen stores and three malls in two months. First place I went to was Walmart. They had a very small selection. It didn't surprise me that they didn't have this one. Then I went to Toys 'R Us. They have quite a large selection of Funko Pops, but don't have this one. The guy I talked to wasn't even aware that Chuck E. Cheese is still around in Canada. I noticed Best Buy had some Funko Pops online, so I went there next. They didn't have any at the store, but the guy I talked to suggested I try GameStop and Hot Topic. I went to GameStop. They too have a lot of these. I talked to a lady and asked her if they had this one, but Chuck E. Cheese wasn't even on their Computer. 

I decided that I needed to drive to some larger cities. After two hours of driving, I went to a mall and found some stores that sell Funko Pops. I asked the lady at the first place I went to in this mall, and she said they actually did have the Chuck E. Cheese Funko Pop but only got about three of them and sold out quickly. I went back to this store recently; I'll get to that in a minute. I went to another store in the same mall. There were two guys there. They had probably the largest selection I had ever seen up to that point, but the guy I talked to didn't know there was a Chuck E. Cheese Funko Pop. The other guy told him "yeah, there is." They didn't have it, though. Darn. That was last month.

I went to a different mall recently, and found Hot Topic. Their selection was kind of small. Didn't see Chuck E. Cheese. I didn't ask about it and just left the mall, because it was very busy. There was another Hot Topic location about an hour away. Instead of driving all that way, I just decided to call them. I talked for a little while and they checked their inventory. They didn't have it. Good thing I called instead of driving all that way.

image.jpeg.94a9a8adb1d6186285b746c9525b45c5.jpeg

I went back to the mall I went to last month and went to the store that got three or so of the Chuck E. Cheese Funko Pops. I asked if they had gotten more in, and was told they didn't. The guy there knew what I was talking about, though. This store had another location down south, and the guy asked me if I wanted him to call the store and find out if they had the Chuck E. Cheese Funko Pop. I said yes. The person at the other location said to the guy that they don't have any, but that this location (the one I was in) had one left. So the guy looked in the back. He couldn't find it. He then looked underneath the counter, and found it. One left, and it was hiding. I wonder if it was there when I visited last month. Anyway, I bought it. It was less than $20. I saved $25-$30 buying it at that store instead of on eBay.

I assume this Funko Pop is easier to find in the U.S.

image.jpeg.1d72086e474646190a774fa184843ab1.jpeg

Making use of a Summer Pass I got earlier in the Summer, I went back to Chuck E. Cheese. I've been collecting Chuck E. Cheese character cups for a while now and only needed the Helen Henny and Pasqually cups. The Chuck E. Cheese location I visited is one I've visited many times since last year. Some of the staff recognize me and know I like going there, playing games and buying merch. I brought my collector's cup (the plastic cup in the picture), but the lady, knowing that I've bought a lot of Chuck E. Cheese goodies there, gave me the Helen Henny and Pasqually cups. I now have a complete set.

Even though I have a complete set of Chuck E. Cheese character cups, it still seems a bit incomplete because there are actually six main characters now. The sixth main character is a bunny named Bella.

image.jpeg.43a948bc6da65db3acfb4353daf91df9.jpeg

image.jpeg.2e21dede3851a996dadd5a8437733c80.jpeg

After playing some games at Chuck E. Cheese, I noticed they had some Sonic the Hedgehog toys in their Gift Shop. This one cost 1500 Tickets. When I got the Summer Pass earlier this year, I got a gift of 500 Tickets. I hadn't redeemed those yet, so I opened up the App and noticed I had less than an hour left to redeem them. So I got the Tickets and used them on this toy (which also includes two collector cards). I didn't have 1500 Tickets, so I used cash and got the toy/cards for $5 off thanks to those Tickets.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

Finally got a minty enough OTT. So got that and it went straight into a new acrylic case next to Chrono trigger, fitting for the best game of all time to sit next to second place. Still looking for Majoras Mask. Absolute Supercars is quite uncommon to see, been on my watchlist for  years finally got a nice uk copy. 3 more sachen carts, only need 2 more for the full 9 multigame cart set for gameboy. Found some sealed sports games and seller had some other ones in minty condition so I got them. People like to downtalk sports games but I know im gonna regret it if I dont get some of these now, its already hard to find them in the condition I want, especially because they often have that specific sticker on the case that is "impossible" to move so you cant replace the cases, a ding in the case and I cant buy it, on top of everything else being nice. Overall pretty decent IMG_0951-min.JPG.0f710564bee02c94af66bf0d0297855b.JPGIMG_0953-min.JPG.7b2afd4b6c83228301bc0c5f8313f92f.JPG

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

My dude the amount of driving you did and time spent.... that's gotta factor into your cost somehow

I had a feeling someone was going to say that. At least I had other things to do to make my trips more worthwhile (Monster Jam, for example). No way I was doing all that driving just for a Funko Pop figure.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 8:26 PM, TrekMD said:

NES(78).jpg.b8f162385c711e12f600e70c7a8e4acf.jpg

NES(81).jpg.e1a7447e7fd0d2c25d1418aaa1e00c0e.jpg

When I saw this posted I immediately wanted to ask you where you got these boxes because NES-City was no longer producing them. I figured you'd be overloaded with everyone on this forum asking where you got these so I patiently waited for someone else to ask and see what the answer is. I'm amazed nobody else asked this question but where in the world did you find these boxes?

• Agree 1

I stopped into my local GameStop for the first time in about a year just to kill some time and with no intensions of buying anything.  I was super surprised to see CIB Vita, 3DS, Dreamcast and GameCube games.  I wanted to buy more but most of the prices were too high.  These were my pickups.  Nothing was crazy cheap, but these just happened to be good deals in my opinion.

They mentioned that they were getting ready to send the Vita games in to Corporate because they weren't selling.  I said that I would buy more if the prices were a little better, but she wasn't willing to alter any of the prices.  

20230901_143112.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Social Team · Posted
On 9/1/2023 at 3:37 PM, TDIRunner said:

I stopped into my local GameStop for the first time in about a year just to kill some time and with no intensions of buying anything.  I was super surprised to see CIB Vita, 3DS, Dreamcast and GameCube games.  I wanted to buy more but most of the prices were too high.  These were my pickups.  Nothing was crazy cheap, but these just happened to be good deals in my opinion.

They mentioned that they were getting ready to send the Vita games in to Corporate because they weren't selling.  I said that I would buy more if the prices were a little better, but she wasn't willing to alter any of the prices.  

20230901_143112.jpg

How much was Job Simulator?  On eBay it's SUPER over MSRP so even if was priced at MSRP it would be a great deal.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 7:37 PM, a3quit4s said:

Some recent pickups; another excellent game by our own @fcgamer, a rare NA Sega homebrew from @captmorgandrinkerand another TG16 from eBay. 

image.jpg

So you are going for the TurboGrafx set huh?  I love that system.  You're not too far from me.  I have some Turbo doubles.  Hit me up if you wanna trade.

Social Team · Posted

Here's my August pick-ups.  Excited to add a few more PSVR2 games to the collection.  Soon I'll need to make a list to track all of the games for a full set like I did with the PSVR.  Speaking of that, I added 3 games to PSVR collection.  You can see photos of those here; FireHazard's Road to Full ESRB/NA Set For PSVR

Random stuff

Spoiler

LjOkxM2.jpg

fdOFyPX.jpg

AdhWlRY.jpg

PSVR2 stuff

Spoiler

7ExoDky.jpg

rct8lLs.jpg

wnBdKY8.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/2/2023 at 4:08 PM, FireHazard51 said:

How much was Job Simulator?  On eBay it's SUPER over MSRP so even if was priced at MSRP it would be a great deal.

$42, which is still more than I wanted to pay for it, but I also really wanted to get it and I had never seen a physical copy before.  I played the demo a while back and really enjoyed it, so I'm still happy I bought it.  

Social Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

$42, which is still more than I wanted to pay for it, but I also really wanted to get it and I had never seen a physical copy before.  I played the demo a while back and really enjoyed it, so I'm still happy I bought it.  

I was looking for a while to get one that cheap.  I have seen sales that cheap but nothing cheaper.  Often it's $60 on the average cheap.  And by that I mean it will have a hole punch in it too.  It's sick that it's commonly found for sale at the $90+ level.  My cheap ass bought the hole punch version because I'm going for a full set on the cheap.  I'm fine with hole punches, wear and tear versions if sold at a good discount.  If it looks good on the shelf and the disc plays then that's my bar minimum.  But that's awesome you got the game for that cheap.

• Like 1