IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

I'd buy one, but:

- It's huge

- It's super common...? I see a serial at 122k, that's sort of lol

s-l1600.jpg.5b717a34eaf0f02e0bc8c51ec1c0d26d.jpg

I have one, it's definitely large, and certainly not uncommon. I got one at launch, and another years later for $10 at a game store. And the eyes do not light up @FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted
10 hours ago, Gloves said:

I have one, it's definitely large, and certainly not uncommon. I got one at launch, and another years later for $10 at a game store. And the eyes do not light up @FireHazard51

s-l1600.jpg

If you look, it says the eyes have LED lights.  Also on the eBay listing they say only 1,000 of this edition was made.  eBay: Killzone 3 LIMITED Helghast Edition Eyes Glow SEALED Collectors *RARE* 1000 Made  I don't got no Helghast money.  My broke ass got ISA money so I'm going mod the non LED one I got for like $15 and do my own bad ass lighting.  Also I would LOVE to put like a Raspberry Pi in it with a speaker and motion sensor and have it go through the Helghast voices randomly 😎

Administrator · Posted
35 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

s-l1600.jpg

If you look, it says the eyes have LED lights.  Also on the eBay listing they say only 1,000 of this edition was made.  eBay: Killzone 3 LIMITED Helghast Edition Eyes Glow SEALED Collectors *RARE* 1000 Made  I don't got no Helghast money.  My broke ass got ISA money so I'm going mod the non LED one I got for like $15 and do my own bad ass lighting.  Also I would LOVE to put like a Raspberry Pi in it with a speaker and motion sensor and have it go through the Helghast voices randomly 😎

If it has led eyes, it's not a feature I've ever seen/used. Looking at mine right now I see no way to activate them in any way. I have everything that came in that box. 

There's a CHANCE that they specifically made 1000 of a variant with glowing eyes, but if so I wasn't aware of it. 

Administrator · Posted

Aaahhhh, per Wikipedia:

The Killzone 3 Limited Helghast Edition[29] was not sold in stores and was available in North America. 450 have been made, 125 of which were given away in the multiplayer open beta from February 4 through February 6 and 11 through February 13, 2011. The Limited Helghast Edition contains all the same elements as the retail version of the Helghast Edition, but features a replica Helghast Helmet with illuminated LED eyes, simulating Helghasts' glowing mask.

• Wow! 1

Social Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Aaahhhh, per Wikipedia:

The Killzone 3 Limited Helghast Edition[29] was not sold in stores and was available in North America. 450 have been made, 125 of which were given away in the multiplayer open beta from February 4 through February 6 and 11 through February 13, 2011. The Limited Helghast Edition contains all the same elements as the retail version of the Helghast Edition, but features a replica Helghast Helmet with illuminated LED eyes, simulating Helghasts' glowing mask.

That explains the eBay listing having "Not For Resale" instead of a bar code. @MegaMan52 Show us your bottom of your helmet statue and the light up eyes if it lights up.  Actually, looks like you have the Helghast Edition and not the "Limited Heghast Edition" so it shouldn't light up 😭

Couple new pickups. Boxed nomad I found on Craigslist listed for $250, got it for $225. Only the second Craigslist find I’ve had since moving back to NY last year, but a good one. Nomad is in really good condition and has the manual. Two TG16 games from eBay. I’ve been having fun slowly getting TG16 games since I never heard of it till I started collecting. 

image.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

Just look at the photos... It clearly states Atari 2600 on the paper. 

Does he know this isn't the original cartridge? The original has a different label.

That's my question, I keep seeing him post what looks like Atari 2600 cartridges and I'm wondering where he's getting them. I collect 2600 and I've never seen the games he posts, I'm not sure why it's so hard to just respond to my question and tell me. I've asked him 3 times now.

Administrator · Posted
31 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Does he know this isn't the original cartridge? The original has a different label.

That's my question, I keep seeing him post what looks like Atari 2600 cartridges and I'm wondering where he's getting them. I collect 2600 and I've never seen the games he posts, I'm not sure why it's so hard to just respond to my question and tell me. I've asked him 3 times now.

Then why don't you ask that question? As you can see multiple people have come forward with details, even if not the person you originally were asking. Why ask what console it's for when it's obvious what console it's for, when you could just jump straight to the actual question? 

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

That's what I'm trying to say. I have, more than once.

Some people don't respond to questions that have obvious answers, so again - you're probably asking the wrong questions here. You asked in your example there the same thing "Which console are these for?" when it's labeled in big bold letters on the box.

Something I'm surprised you're not familiar with, being that you've said you are going for a complete Atari (2600?) set, is that repros and the like are incredibly common. Are you on Atari Age? Where do you typically get your information relating to collecting for that system? Your sources are letting you down my man.

Like, a minute of searching online shows this:

Crystal Castles - Limited Edition – Atari®

You've failed yourself once again by asking people questions with easily searchable answers. I'm not trying to kill conversation, by all means ask questions, talk to people. But like, to be all "hey man you never respond to me" like he's done you some disservice when you've tried and failed multiple times, and then seemingly gave up without doing any research yourself, it's not doing yourself any favors. Go ahead, ask the question, but if dude doesn't respond you just... don't bother to look online at all? It's just kinda weird is all.

• Like 2