IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

baseballhandheld.jpg.4f158244c7fa08ddad206b3bb731fd8e.jpg

A handheld Baseball game from Mattel, released in the '70s. Bought this from a nearby seller. It still works (notice the score on top is lit), has sound effects and voice clips, two difficulty settings, and appears to be in good shape overall.

junglecruiseandthematrix.jpg.75d4b6210c31ac0ed436d6e42fd687dd.jpg

Also bought Jungle Cruise and the new Matrix movie on Blu-ray.

catinthehatwallclock.jpg.e4852e19a910290657aaedeb5455d3b2.jpg

If there's something my man cave lacks that most man caves have, it's a wall clock. So, I bought this Cat in the Hat clock from the '90s. And yes, it does still work. This is another local purchase.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 11

Additions to the NDS NA quest this week. 
some local VGS pickup from @TanookiFire Emblem, Canvas Cruise, and Squeak Squad.   An exclusive Toy's R US Store Game and the only Zenses that is not common (from what i can see).  and just how many Imagine games are there.  It feels like every lot i get there is an Imagine game.  the oops box is getting full of them.

20220310_154819.jpg.9f8c3c04a328cce8cf58d2d3c7a328cb.jpg

and someone said that to get the bonus mech items if it cast the same as a cib/sealed game.
20220310_154826.jpg.574693765828f31bfbca269feedc9d5c.jpg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

Just in time for the weekend, some mail showed up today!

I decided to get the Phantasy Star Collection despite having the originals because I was playing the first game and the power went out. All that grinding gone to waste...I figured I can mitigate that problem with a portable version...and saving more often.

And then, Boxxle. I love simple puzzle games like this! I started playing here and there this afternoon/evening and am about 20 puzzles deep so far. As an aside, I wanted to show the reg. card specifically 'cause I think it's really neat: the idea to encourage people to return the cards by giving them a grid to make their own puzzle for a shot at publication in the FCI newsletter is pretty clever!

ZbE_u3lpSqWE-zzWqX2bVw.jpg.e5d4de9662757c25068e62abb0848a8f.jpg

Anyway, short, sweet, nothing amazing but great/fun to me all the same 🙂

Have a great weekend everyone!

• Like 18

21 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

Just in time for the weekend, some mail showed up today!

I decided to get the Phantasy Star Collection despite having the originals because I was playing the first game and the power went out. All that grinding gone to waste...I figured I can mitigate that problem with a portable version...and saving more often.

And then, Boxxle. I love simple puzzle games like this! I started playing here and there this afternoon/evening and am about 20 puzzles deep so far. As an aside, I wanted to show the reg. card specifically 'cause I think it's really neat: the idea to encourage people to return the cards by giving them a grid to make their own puzzle for a shot at publication in the FCI newsletter is pretty clever!

ZbE_u3lpSqWE-zzWqX2bVw.jpg.e5d4de9662757c25068e62abb0848a8f.jpg

Anyway, short, sweet, nothing amazing but great/fun to me all the same 🙂

Have a great weekend everyone!

the boxxle 2 is even longer however it is one of my fav.  nice pick up on the games...

It's rare anymore I hit a good thing to happen in a week let alone twice in a week, magnify the rarity then when it's a big spread of stuff but it did happen.

I felt both the need to get out a bit today to look around, but I went to the one game exchange in town near by the further half price and thankfully I stuck my trade box in the trunk too. 🙂

I offloaded maybe 1/2 the stuff in my box, largely not the expensive stuff, and in the end I came out with $95 in credit which was into beyond expectation.  What got me to grab the box was this paper brick, a brick like 6 inches thick tightly store shrink wrapped of Gameboy manuals and I could see a tall Zelda and Final Fantasy Legend III map sticking out the top!  For $10 more than over that risk.  But then I went to the case and boom, reality hit, they decided to dump all their manuals and maps and not keep them with the games (boo policy, yay me.)  I've wanted to get FFL3 back for over 5 years but the price for it, the manual, and the map are crap.

Ultimately what you see I grabbed all that, and it was $70 out of pocket, that's it.  Now if you're wondering why on Pokemon Platinum?  I forget where I got it, it was free, but I've had the case between 5-10 years with the manual and all inserts pristine, so I bought it loose ($55 of the $70) more than worth it!  I added to existing games manuals for DK, DK Land1, Kirbys Block Ball and pinball land, and the cleaning kit.  A few others have games in the image to match the manuals, a few others I condition upgraded as well.

That bundle had some real gems in there such as that Bubble Bobble Part 2.

I probably will part/trade with some manuals if anyone sees something they want.  A few I will retain if I do come across the game (like BB2.)

FFL3 and DKL2 had dead batteries, I already did the surgery so they're good to go. 😄

mar12-22finds.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 5
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Looks spiffy - but I want to know if the game is actually fun?

🙂

I got in like 5 minutes before I had to get off my butt to make dinner, and so far it's alright. Early levels so quite easy, slowly adding new things as it goes. 

Some pieces did arrive broken inside the box so I've reached out to the dev. I could probably superglue em back in place. 

I can give a more thorough "review" after spending real time with it. Controls are pretty tight though at least. 

• Like 1

Added this to my rare variant collection.  It was the first time I had checked eBay in about a week and it was 4 or 5 down from the top of the search results, so it had been sitting there for a bit.  Got lucky 😇.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275193140747

20220314_194644.jpg.a05955b23f1be0765aeca4c001eb7a46.jpg

Date codes are 9139 on the PRG and CHR.

Edited by wyansas
  • Like 11
  • Wow! 1

11 minutes ago, wyansas said:

Added this to my rare variant collection.  It was the first time I had checked eBay in about a week and it was 4 or 5 down from the top of the search results, so it had been sitting there for a bit.  Got lucky 😇.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275193140747

20220314_194644.jpg.a05955b23f1be0765aeca4c001eb7a46.jpg

Date codes are 9139 on the PRG and CHR.

Once I saw it was you who posted here I knew it'd be some bad ass variant.  Great find !!

• Thanks 1

And the last two games I needed for my Japanese Switch released ATLUS back catalog have arrived. 🥳

The reason why I chose to solely focus on ATLUS when it comes to the Nintendo Switch is because they don't put out a lot of games. And when they do, it tends to be a game that I regret not playing.

1370084833_CFBSMT3.jpg.a4ce9b9f9a65d7d708b436783d39c9ac.jpg

CATHERINE FULLBODY for Nintendo Switch is a standard print. The Japanese first press variant included an external bonus, which does make it look like a print variant. So I am happy to add this to my collection.

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI III NOCTURNE HD REMASTER is both my second attempt at owning a copy and a double dip. My first attempt was last year, and it was on the PS4. Plus I also bought it on Steam when they had their sale.

So unless I find a reason to add a standard print copy of Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strike (i.e. no external sticker, no DLC content)... It's all preorders for me from hereon out. 🙂

[MY WALLET: 🥳]

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, FenrirZero said:

And the last two games I needed for my Japanese Switch released ATLUS back catalog have arrived. 🥳

The reason why I chose to solely focus on ATLUS when it comes to the Nintendo Switch is because they don't put out a lot of games. And when they do, it tends to be a game that I regret not playing.

1370084833_CFBSMT3.jpg.a4ce9b9f9a65d7d708b436783d39c9ac.jpg

CATHERINE FULLBODY for Nintendo Switch is a standard print. The Japanese first press variant included an external bonus, which does make it look like a print variant. So I am happy to add this to my collection.

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI III NOCTURNE HD REMASTER is both my second attempt at owning a copy and a double dip. My first attempt was last year, and it was on the PS4. Plus I also bought it on Steam when they had their sale.

So unless I find a reason to add a standard print copy of Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strike (i.e. no external sticker, no DLC content)... It's all preorders for me from hereon out. 🙂

[MY WALLET: 🥳]

I really need to grab these two as well. I haven't played Catherine since the PS3 so I really should get on it and play the extra stuff they added.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I really need to grab these two as well. I haven't played Catherine since the PS3 so I really should get on it and play the extra stuff they added.

To avoid any spoilers, Trisha's role in the DLC portion of the game has me hope for a Switch remake of Persona 3 Portable. With the added reason being that version contains Vincent's first appearance, and does a hint at Catherine. 🙂

• Wow! 1

19 hours ago, Galdius said:

Got the Zelda WiiU set:
K5wFq6zl.jpg

This brings back memories! 🥲

In my case I had an online friend that was also into video games. I would tell her that I loved certain titles on specific consoles, and how I also wished I had the money to continue. With me agreeing with her on how digital games can be an issue. (Which I agreed with, thanks to Sony during their PS3 days.)

So to cut things short... Seeing that reminds me of that conversation, and the fact it is why I worked hard to find my game-loving groove again. 🙂

• Like 2