3. 3. Which movie is the worst?

• Piranha II
    • The Terminator
    • Aliens
    • The Abyss
    • Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    • True Lies
    • Titanic

I can't believe that's all he has done. It feels like he has done more.

I've seen everything except for Piranha II. T2 is still my favourite. I voted for Avatar The Way of the Water as the worst. I don't think it was a terrible movie but it didn't feel as great as his other movies. Looked beautiful though.

4 hours ago, AstralSoul said:

Toss up between T2 and Aliens for best. I don't love Titanic, but Avatar was one of the most over hyped movies I've ever seen so I had to pick that as worst. Won't even see the new Avatar movie. 

It was a toss up between T1 and T2 for me, but I felt the story of T1 edged it higher so it was my favorite.

Avatar is literally Feen Gully but the names and place has changed.  Was it a beautiful spectacle? Absolutely, but the story was so cringy that I nearly wrote off James Cameron entirely.

Titanic’s story is also pretty stupid but what makes it tolerable and some times enjoyable is everything else about the film. There are a lot of little historical details throughout the movie but my gosh that ship is phenomenal.  This gets more of a pass than Fern Gully: The Remake because you get to see people walking through detailed history.

• Like 2

I've seen them all except Piranha dos.  Aliens is tops for me.  So many things have been borrowed from that movie and carried over into other movies, TV, video games.  I suppose the Terminator and T2 (and even Titanic) can also say that, but I give the edge to Aliens.

Avatar 1 wasn't so bad, but I probably would have voted for it if I hadn't seen Avatar 2.  Avatar 2 is better if you watch it as sort of a remake of Aliens where the humans are now the Aliens, but it was long and the characters were uninteresting to me.

I've seen everything except Piranha II and the Avatar movies.  Obviously Terminator 2 is going to be my favorite considering it's one of the greatest action movies ever made, but I also have a lot of respect for Titanic for making the history of the ship popular.  I had a huge obsession with the Titanic as a kid long before the blockbuster movie came out, so I was really interested in his vision of the movie, even if I wasn't super interested in the love story aspect of it.  

13 hours ago, RH said:

It was a toss up between T1 and T2 for me, but I felt the story of T1 edged it higher so it was my favorite.

Avatar is literally Feen Gully but the names and place has changed.  Was it a beautiful spectacle? Absolutely, but the story was so cringy that I nearly wrote off James Cameron entirely.

Titanic’s story is also pretty stupid but what makes it tolerable and some times enjoyable is everything else about the film. There are a lot of little historical details throughout the movie but my gosh that ship is phenomenal.  This gets more of a pass than Fern Gully: The Remake because you get to see people walking through detailed history.

Yes the whole selling point to Avatar when it came out was "see it in 3D!" And that movie spearheaded the 3D movie comeback which l honestly could've done without. When your only selling point is the graphics...for a *movie* (not even a game) but a movie... It's not going to be good. It's been a very very long time since I saw Fern Gully and I remember liking it as a kid. If I was a kid when I saw Avatar I might've liked it too. But I saw it several years after release, reluctantly, after several people basically convinced me to watch it. But it was genuinely hard to sit through. The first hour I thought it had potential. Little did I know it would drag on for 2 more hours. It's rare I'm so bored with a movie I don't even want to finish it but Avatar was one.

12 hours ago, doner24 said:

It’s because no one has seen it, it looks like the 2 people that have seen it have voted for it. 

it wasn't super bad - just suffered from being his first effort and a low budget.  It also suffered from being a sequel to a pretty good Roger Corman produced movie.

Just doesn't have the strength to compare to the others on the list.

Editorials Team · Posted
14 hours ago, RH said:

image.png.1b7227377659d47f33e065555aac6b95.png

• Haha 1