IGNORED

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.

OptOut

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Forevermore you can ONLY play games that:

• You've already played
    • You've never played
    • Your dick (or lady dick) becomes a frog

Imagine a wizard has caught you, and threatened to turn your weiner into a frog, unless you choose one of two punishments.

Either you may ONLY ever play games from this point forward that you have already played before, OR you may ONLY play games that are new to you.

Choosing the first option allows you to continue playing all your favourites, and probably many of the all time greats, but greatly limits your available options and means you will never be able to play a new release again.

Choosing the second option means you will be able to create new favourites and play any game you've never played whether old or new, and keep up with the latest releases. But, forget Super Mario 3, that game is dead to you, and that also counts REMAKES and RE-RELEASES. 

If you refuse the challenge, your dick (or lady dick) turns into a frog and hops away for a better life without you.

CHOOSE. 🧙‍♂️😱🐸

Edited by OptOut
  • Haha 2

My serious answer, it’s actually not hard for me to choose - only play past games. I’ve played hundreds of Mame games and emulators and have play-tested a mother load of games among my collection (including Xbox Live games), so I have a plethora to choose from. 

Administrator · Posted

As much as I love the games I've played before, if I had to pick one, I'd rather have new experiences and enjoy new games, new stories, new characters, etc.  

I love all the old games I've played a bunch, but I love experiencing new things and this was actually an easy choice for me.

Ehh given how the majority of games seem to be these days I see no benefit in choosing ignore the past.

And since it wasn't just games I've owned, but games I've played in the past that leaves me with thousands of choices since I used to be part of that early emulation/rom circulation days along with the stuff I used to collect.  There is far more than I could ever hope to replay to never be bored again.  And those games don't whine about patches, paying to play the other part of the game, or the rest of it.

Games I've already played, for sure.  I've played, at least a little, hundreds of different games so would never run out.  And since I rarely play to completion, many of them have content I've never seen so I'd be getting new experiences even from old games.

And most new games feel like rehashes of old ideas anyway.

I've played thousands of games by this point and a good percentage of them are straight bangers, so it'd be pretty easy to live with the knowledge that I can only play those. Sure, missing out on the occasional new hit would be a little sad but a pixelized duck-in-the-hand is worth two in the bush, as I'm sure the saying goes.

OIP.x40Cmz3Foz029Q7X7htfrgHaDt?pid=ImgDet&w=360&h=180&c=7

Edited by Webhead123
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted

To elaborate, there's 500 games already out I still need to get to.  And probably 25+ that are released every year that I want to play.  I'll build that experience into the body of work I've already accumulated with the two thousand titles I've already gone through.

Would it suck to never play Total Annihilation or Ikaruga?  Yes, but it's the lesser evil.  Can't miss out on whatever crazy paradigm changing title that comes out in 2028.

This is obviously not a concern, or a problem for, the people who've already shut down to new things.  That's not an insult, it's just what people inevitably do.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
11 hours ago, OptOut said:

Choosing the second option means you will be able to create new favourites and play any game you've never played whether old or new, and keep up with the latest releases. But, forget Super Mario 3, that game is dead to you, and that also counts REMAKES and RE-RELEASES. 

If I play a new game through, do I then lose the ability to play that game again? Or is it simply that at the time of choosing, I lose access to all games I've played in the past and that's that?

• Haha 1

Seems like a no brainer, new games. There’s a lot of old games I’ve never played before so would be new to me as well.

Then you also get the benefit of new releases. Despite what the doom and gloom people will try to tell you we’re still getting amazing games released e.g Baldurs Gate 3, Darkest Dungeon 2, TotK etc etc.

I’m actually surprised that so far more people voted to play the same games. What a bleak world that would be 🤣

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

Graphics Team · Posted

@OptOut - does playtesting count as having "played a game"?

Because in that case, I'd go for "games I've already played" 1000% 
I've playtested (nearly) every game in my collection, and I recently did the math - even if I played a different game every couple of weeks, it would take me almost 2 decades just to get through everything I already have.

It would actually be a bit of a relief if I was no longer allowed to add to my backlog haha.

[T-Pac]