IGNORED

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.

OptOut

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Forevermore you can ONLY play games that:

• You've already played
    • You've never played
    • Your dick (or lady dick) becomes a frog

On 10/17/2023 at 1:30 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

This guy gets it! There's 35+ years of games that I've already played and I know are awesome, so I don't know how everything else combined could possibly match that level of quality.

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

On 10/17/2023 at 2:19 PM, Brickman said:

It’s not like I lose those memories. I will still remember the first time playing SMB3. And just checking you know that you can play old games right? You don’t lose the ability to play old games. I’ve personally never played MM besides 2 so I’ll still get to enjoy all those games on the NES and SNES.

Also, this will probably make you pass out but Battletoads, Double Dragon2 and TMNT aren’t that great. I’d much rather play Celeste, cuphead or darkest dungeon.

Okay, yes. You have the memories.

Yeah.... I can play all the old games I HAVEN'T played. Thank god I get to play *checks notes NOTHING GOOD on NES. 😖

You luck out because you can still play Mega Man.... 3-6 are good too. That's something you have going for you.

But Brickman, please. You can't just sit there and type out the sentence "Battletoads, Double Dragon 2, and TMNT aren't that great." and think that's okay.

WHUT. IN. THE. FUQ. ARE. WE. TALKING. ABOUT?

I fully understand the forum's been resurrected as "Video Game Sage" (thank god 🥲) .... but.... camman.... what's the majority of games/systems played/discussed here? NES/SNES I would say.... And you're going to sit there and type that BLASPHEMY!!!???

200.gif?cid=c7bb2c54k0iz4dw1unt5ypw1eitq

Battletoads and Double Dragon 2 are two of the greatest (and OG) beat 'em ups in the HISTORY OF HISTORY.

Yeah sure, run around with your fancy cups and heads but you'll never get to tornado kick a muhfucka off a cliff again. Nor will you ever get to smash a guy off the screen with a comically large fist or foot.

That's what you'll have to live with.

• Haha 2

Editorials Team · Posted

Cuphead is a run 'n gun, silly dude.

I had to clear Battletoads and Double Dragon approximately ninety million times each for the contests, so I'm fine with not playing either one ever again, as good as they may be.

Plus, neither one is as good as game x that's coming out in 2024 or game y that's coming out in 2025.

Upwards and onwards.  Evolve.  Don't stagnant.  Continue growing.  Variety is the spice of life.  Other cliches.

26 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Learning new video games is a great preventive measure for Alzheimer's.

I just made that up, but it sounds right so I'm rolling with it 😆

Learning a second language was my secret. Of course, picking Japanese, while beneficial to my gaming hobby, has been far from an easy choice...

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Cuphead is a run 'n gun, silly dude.

I had to clear Battletoads and Double Dragon approximately ninety million times each for the contests, so I'm fine with not playing either one ever again, as good as they may be.

Plus, neither one is as good as game x that's coming out in 2024 or game y that's coming out in 2025.

Upwards and onwards.  Evolve.  Don't stagnant.  Continue growing.  Variety is the spice of life.  Other cliches.

I didn't bring Cuphead into the comparison....

Not as good as game X or game Y.... you HOPE! 🤔

I understand the cliches, especially the one about stagnanting.... but.... that's not my style. Not my jam. I'm not picking up what you're putting down. Not my cup of tea. Other cliches.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, AirVillain said:

Not as good as game X or game Y.... you HOPE!

Nope, it's science.  Every year at least 10-20 titles are released that are superior to Double Dragon.  It cannot hope to compete with the Silksongs of the world. And I say that as a pretty big fan of DD too:

Screenshot_20231030-103833.png

Screenshot_20231030-103912.png

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I had to look up what Silksong is and I'm pretty sure that I'd rather play Double Dragon.

Double Dragon is the Bill Belicheck of video games.  It had its moment.

Now, young hip sexy Mike "Silksong" McDaniel is out here embarrassing the shit out of him 🤩

5 hours ago, AirVillain said:

Bowing Down Waynes World GIF

Okay, yes. You have the memories.

Yeah.... I can play all the old games I HAVEN'T played. Thank god I get to play *checks notes NOTHING GOOD on NES. 😖

You luck out because you can still play Mega Man.... 3-6 are good too. That's something you have going for you.

But Brickman, please. You can't just sit there and type out the sentence "Battletoads, Double Dragon 2, and TMNT aren't that great." and think that's okay.

WHUT. IN. THE. FUQ. ARE. WE. TALKING. ABOUT?

I fully understand the forum's been resurrected as "Video Game Sage" (thank god 🥲) .... but.... camman.... what's the majority of games/systems played/discussed here? NES/SNES I would say.... And you're going to sit there and type that BLASPHEMY!!!???

200.gif?cid=c7bb2c54k0iz4dw1unt5ypw1eitq

Battletoads and Double Dragon 2 are two of the greatest (and OG) beat 'em ups in the HISTORY OF HISTORY.

Yeah sure, run around with your fancy cups and heads but you'll never get to tornado kick a muhfucka off a cliff again. Nor will you ever get to smash a guy off the screen with a comically large fist or foot.

That's what you'll have to live with.

Oooo Blasphemy is a great game. Thanks for reminding me of another great modern game that’s better than DD 😂

DD and Battletoads are good games but that’s about it, good. There’s so many better games that have come out since then. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over not playing them.

I’m the type of person who likes to try new things and experience new art. If I had to lock myself in a bubble of playing the same games I’d probably end up hating the hobby because it would be so boring. Same goes for watching the same movies or reading the same books.

Experiencing new things helps me learn and evolve my opinions on subjects. Stagnation is boring to me and makes me think of people sitting in a nursing home waiting to die 😆

It also seems like I’ve played less games than you so I still have a lot of 8-16bit games I could play.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Says the person who rewatches movies every year and rewatches movies and replays games enough to definitively rank them out to three digits.

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Link said:

Says the person who rewatches movies every year and rewatches movies and replays games enough to definitively rank them out to three digits.

But if I had to make a choice, those movies or new movies...

And believe me, when I was replaying Cyberspin to rank it, it was out of necessity and not because I actually wanted to 😆

Editorials Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, Link said:

Airvillain posturing notwithstanding, those are the key words

And if it's one or another, I choose new.

New books

New movies

New games

New TV

Music on the other hand... That's a tough call.  I'd have to think about it.  Will there be a new band in the next 10 years that cracks my top ranks?    How many songs are already out there that Id absolutely love, I just haven't heard them?  Probably a shit ton.

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

And if it's one or another, I choose new.

New books

New movies

New games

New TV

Music on the other hand... That's a tough call.  I'd have to think about it.  Will there be a new band in the next 10 years that cracks my top ranks?    How many songs are already out there that Id absolutely love, I just haven't heard them?  Probably a shit ton.

That's actually a neat thought-experiment to compare your answer for video games against other media.

I'd definitely go "already played / already heard" for video games and music, but I'd pick "never watched / never read" for movies/TV and books.

[T-Pac]

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, T-Pac said:

That's actually a neat thought-experiment to compare your answer for video games against other media.

I'd definitely go "already played / already heard" for video games and music, but I'd pick "never watched / never read" for movies/TV and books.

[T-Pac]

I often compare games to albums for this exact reason. Meanwhile I’ve completely stopped buying movies.