IGNORED

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.

OptOut

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Forevermore you can ONLY play games that:

• You've already played
    • You've never played
    • Your dick (or lady dick) becomes a frog

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

If I play a new game through, do I then lose the ability to play that game again? Or is it simply that at the time of choosing, I lose access to all games I've played in the past and that's that?

It's based on this point forward, so you can replay the games in the future that you have not yet played.

7 hours ago, T-Pac said:

@OptOut - does playtesting count as having "played a game"?

Seeing as how restrictive only playing games you have played is, yeah playtesting counts.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Yeah I'll choose to be allowed to play new games. There's some absolute bangers I've played in the past obviously, but there's just as many bangers I've not played, and I'd retain my memories and experiences of the beloved games I've played before. 

Plus you make no mention of hacks, so I'll just load up the ol' code editor and change a single bit somewhere, call it a hack, and suddenly I'm playing Majora's Mask all over again, albeit with an extra heart at the start or something. Suckerrrrrr.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

I find myself replaying games frequently, and I often go back to replay and finish games that I tried out but never finished previously.

On top of that, I have so many deeply loved favourites that I simply couldn't BEAR not being able to play again, I would absolutely choose the first option and be happy with that.

It would suck not to be able to play my backlog of retro games that I hadn't got around to yet, that's for sure. But, I wouldn't miss new releases nearly as much.

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Plus you make no mention of hacks, so I'll just load up the ol' code editor and change a single bit somewhere, call it a hack, and suddenly I'm playing Majora's Mask all over again, albeit with an extra heart at the start or something. Suckerrrrrr.

@Gloves dick as soon as he loads up the hacked rom:

frog GIF

• Haha 2

Administrator · Posted
6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I find myself replaying games frequently, and I often go back to replay and finish games that I tried out but never finished previously.

On top of that, I have so many deeply loved favourites that I simply couldn't BEAR not being able to play again, I would absolutely choose the first option and be happy with that.

It would suck not to be able to play my backlog of retro games that I hadn't got around to yet, that's for sure. But, I wouldn't miss new releases nearly as much.

The truth is, counter to the point @DefaultGen made, this acts as a way to forcibly remove Runescape from my life, and realistically that alone will free up my time SO MUCH that I might actually start getting shit done.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Brickman said:

What a bleak world that would be 🤣

That was my thought if I had to give up the 5000+ games I've probably played in my life (of which I don't honestly remember three quarters of them anyway, making them essentially "new to me" after not play them for decades) and being stuck with only the four or five new releases that interest me in any given year plus the bottome crud of the NES library moving forward...

I mean, yeah I'd miss not trying the 10% of the NES library that I haven't got around to playing yet, but man, what a horrible life not playing favourites would be...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

That was my thought if I had to give up the 5000+ games I've probably played in my life (of which I don't honestly remember three quarters of them anyway, making them essentially "new to me" after not play them for decades) and being stuck with only the four or five new releases that interest me in any given year plus the bottome crud of the NES library moving forward...

I mean, yeah I'd miss not trying the 10% of the NES library that I haven't got around to playing yet, but man, what a horrible life not playing favourites would be...

Sure, if I’d played 5000 games I’d probably be in the same boat but you are probably like one of a few who have played 5000+ games so it’s sort of a moot point for the vast majority of people who have barely touched game libraries. Not to mention the great games coming out every month. 

12 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Oh, he said one thing and voted another. Lame.

Yep. Everyone always fantasizes about how great it would be to have a fully autonomous dick-frog, sneaking into girl's locker rooms and hiding in panty drawers, and the such. But, very few are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to make the fantasy a reality. 😅

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Yep. Everyone always fantasizes about how great it would be to have a fully autonomous dick-frog, sneaking into girl's locker rooms and hiding in panty drawers, and the such. But, very few are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to make the fantasy a reality. 😅

The frog-wiener would get all the fulfillments. Meanwhile, your nervous system is disconnected and you can only imagine the deed without understanding what it would feel like. Good for the frogger, bad for the reproduction-less human.

22 minutes ago, GPX said:

The frog-wiener would get all the fulfillments. Meanwhile, your nervous system is disconnected and you can only imagine the deed without understanding what it would feel like. Good for the frogger, bad for the reproduction-less human.

I guess it depends how much you think with your dick... It's possible that for many men the consciousness would carry on through the frog! 🤣

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

I guess it depends how much you think with your dick...

It’s you, isn’t it. 

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

You know, I'm kinda surprised noone has gone for the frog thing yet... You'd have thought that would be SOMEBODY'S kink!

5 hours ago, OptOut said:

Yep. Everyone always fantasizes … very few are willing to make the necessary sacrifices to make the fantasy a reality. 😅

Yeah. It’s you.

• Wow! 1

8 hours ago, Gloves said:

Oh, he said one thing and voted another. Lame.

My vote means nothing, because I wasn't sure of the rules. 😄 

Like, if you "only play new games", what's the exact threshold for when you can't play it anymore? Does it just mean any game I haven't played before answering the poll - afterwards I can play it as many times as I want? Or can I play it until I clear it, and then never play it again? In which case, what counts as a clear? If I play it and don't finish it, can I continue playing the next day?

So many questions!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Sumez said:

My vote means nothing, because I wasn't sure of the rules. 😄 

Like, if you "only play new games", what's the exact threshold for when you can't play it anymore? Does it just mean any game I haven't played before answering the poll - afterwards I can play it as many times as I want? Or can I play it until I clear it, and then never play it again? In which case, what counts as a clear? If I play it and don't finish it, can I continue playing the next day?

So many questions!

He answered that when I asked - you simply lose access to games you've played before at the time of the deal. 

• Agree 1

For a very long time I'd have said only games I've played. But as time goes on I have less and less time for games and I'm barely playing anything new anymore. But I still play old favorites. If I stopped playing old games I'd have time for new ones. I guess I'm getting bored of my favorites even if I love them. So I'd probably say only new games now.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:02 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

This is obviously not a concern, or a problem for, the people who've already shut down to new things.  That's not an insult, it's just what people inevitably do.

It’s less that than I know I’m interested in, let’s say 60% of games I’ve played and 15% of those I haven’t. The latter is a much bigger raw number, but also a ton of chaff, in my book. Hardly a recent thing. Like, in grade school I usually didn’t even want every game in an issue of Nintendo Power.

It’s not a happy or ideal choice, but preferable to joining @OptOut’s fetish wizard club.

Well I don't fall into shutting down new things, but I have to weigh it against actual time vs real life.  I'd rather go back and experience something I haven't touched in a year or 30 years because if I played it before and liked it I remember it.  And if I still own it after decades I'd rather use it again other than to let it rot.  I still have a Switch and a PC anyway, even if i did go with new I still can do new (despite the limits of this poll.)  I can do whatever, mobile included if the touch controls aren't garbage.  But if I had to choose, I'd stick to what I already own and know is a safer bet towards enjoyment, and if it's not just owned but played before that opens many times over more doors.

If time weren't an issue I know I'd love dropping some insane time say on Star Control II once again as it's very demanding.  Or I'd love to take the 100s of hours to go through everything on Wing Commander 1&2 and expansions along with TIE and XWing games and theirs which I can't do now.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Link said:

It’s less that than I know I’m interested in, let’s say 60% of games I’ve played and 15% of those I haven’t. The latter is a much bigger raw number, but also a ton of chaff, in my book. Hardly a recent thing. Like, in grade school I usually didn’t even want every game in an issue of Nintendo Power.

It’s not a happy or ideal choice, but preferable to joining @OptOut’s fetish wizard club.

Yeah, but you don't know what you don't know.

I guarantee there's 500 games out there you'd love, you just don't know it. 😄

Like, there's 5000 albums I've never listened to, and never will, that I'd love if I did.  But I never will, and I'll never know it. 😂

Books are even worse.  Odds are my favorite book of all time is out there, but I'll never read it, and never know that I didn't read it 😭

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, but you don't know what you don't know.

I guarantee there's 500 games out there you'd love, you just don't know it. 😄

Like, there's 5000 albums I've never listened to, and never will, that I'd love if I did.  But I never will, and I'll never know it. 😂

Books are even worse.  Odds are my favorite book of all time is out there, but I'll never read it, and never know that I didn't read it 😭

It’s true. I remember the day I realized “Ok, face it, I’m never gonna hear ALL of the good music.” It looks like a full-time job to me, idk how you do it. And rank, and have a family? 😰 It doesn’t help that I’m not very gud at games though.

Old-but-new-to-me has been explored pretty thoroughly, relative to genpop. I like some modern stuff. But then I try something like Bio-Shock or Assassin’s Creed, and I just hate the wayfinding and unclear (to me, anyway) linearity.