IGNORED

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.

OptOut

Choose: Only play games you've played, or only play new games, forever.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Forevermore you can ONLY play games that:

• You've already played
    • You've never played
    • Your dick (or lady dick) becomes a frog

Editorials Team · Posted
51 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The man will never touch a SNES again. Sad.

Haven't touched it since I wrapped the rankings. I still have PTSD 😂

edit: Ok, maybe I came crawling back for a few nights recently after having a few beers.  Don't tell my new games I cheated on them.

• Haha 5

Editorials Team · Posted

I'd have to avoid all game news anymore. Like if Nintendo announced Fat Princess: Mushroom Kingdom Edition or any new Zelda game ever, I'd want to play it so bad.

But good news to everyone who chose Old Games: OptOut said that New Game players can't play remakes or re-releases of old games, so that means WE can play them! Looks like I'll be playing that Mario RPG remake after all!

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Splain said:

I'd have to avoid all game news anymore. Like if Nintendo announced Fat Princess: Mushroom Kingdom Edition or any new Zelda game ever, I'd want to play it so bad.

But good news to everyone who chose Old Games: OptOut said that New Game players can't play remakes or re-releases of old games, so that means WE can play them! Looks like I'll be playing that Mario RPG remake after all!

Sweet, delicious causality. Take THAT, wizard!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Splain said:

Yeah, you can play REMAKES of old games, as long as they haven't changed too much. Graphical overhauls are okay, full reimaginings are not, according to the wizard's whim.

Rule of thumb would be you could play the Switch version of Metroid Prime if you had already played the GCN version. BUT, you couldn't play Metroid Zero Mission if you had only played the original Metroid, because it's too different, and the wizard doesn't like that... He doesn't like it. It makes him mad. And when he gets mad, things get all froggy up in here, AND down there. 😉

• Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It was @OptOut all along! 

Nuh-uh! In fact, this is one of the few known photos of the reclusive wizard...

Local law enforcement was called in for a wellness check, following complaints from neighbours about the stench of death (and inexplicable ribiting) emanating from his apartment.

This photo was unfortunately taken moments after waking the wizard from the MOTHER of all hangovers, and moments before the entire SWAT team had their genitals transformed into a veritable MENAGERIE of semi-aquatic vertebrates. 😔

Games I've played, no contest. For one thing, I could play my top 10 over and over forever. For another thing, I have started but not finished countless games before. So long as booting one up and at least spending a few minutes or a half hour or something counts as "having been played" then I end up fine there. And for another thing, I basically haven't followed new releases at all since 2012. New games have largely bored me since at least 2010, with few exceptions, and so I could easily ignore new games for the rest of time, because they repeatedly demonstrate to me their utter lameness.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2023 at 1:30 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

This guy gets it! There's 35+ years of games that I've already played and I know are awesome, so I don't know how everything else combined could possibly match that level of quality.

And there's a reason why the saying, more is not always better exists.  And that's what this is, it's asking is what you have good enough to stand, or do you need more?  I'd argue no.  Game design also seems to show when something was done well and they try and do it again, it's commonly called failing to re-invent the wheel. 🙂

Enjoy the paradox of choice.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

And there's a reason why the saying, more is not always better exists.  And that's what this is, it's asking is what you have good enough to stand, or do you need more?  I'd argue no.  Game design also seems to show when something was done well and they try and do it again, it's commonly called failing to re-invent the wheel. 🙂

Enjoy the paradox of choice.

If nothing else, I do enjoy a good paradox.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

OMG
YOU GUYS

WAIT

Ok so I know we all like to “rib@OptOut about his definitely irl definitely real kink around here, but 

uh

Some guy I don’t know irl, but a friend on fb who regularly posts big meme dumps, did that today. And what to my wondering eyes should appear?

Spoiler

IMG_3956.jpeg.15e3a21b951c7fb84e5f2a3d4b3da2fe.jpeg

(VERY NSFW!)

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:09 PM, Link said:

OMG
YOU GUYS

WAIT

Ok so I know we all like to “rib@OptOut about his definitely irl definitely real kink around here, but 

uh

Some guy I don’t know irl, but a friend on fb who regularly posts big meme dumps, did that today. And what to my wondering eyes should appear?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3956.jpeg.15e3a21b951c7fb84e5f2a3d4b3da2fe.jpeg

(VERY NSFW!)

A friend............ yeah rite xxxxxDDDDDDDD

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1