IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Rad Racer

BeaIank

4 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

To be fair aboot it all, the post I made wasn’t very clear and kind of went in a different direction I wanted. So I can see why Glovsie shut her down. I also expected it to be locked days ago.😂

It was fun while it lasted.

He probably locks any thread where a non Canadian says "aboot". He's obviously gone mad with power. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

What about the roach thread? I mean where’s the line?!

This makes it sound like a thread about drugs. Then again we are playing a racing game with a course called Snow White Line. I think we all know what they mean. 😂

Animated GIF

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Got some time while the little one napped. Had a game with 16k going into the last stage and blew it about half way thru. Probably all she wrote for me. Wish this had been a different week, but such is life. Good luck all. Cant wait to see what @PIIis holding

Pii, skinny and Morbis are all holding. I got a few runs in today, but I didn't make any progress. 

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Pii, skinny and Morbis are all holding. I got a few runs in today, but I didn't make any progress. 

I ain't holding - I'm just getting ready to do my first run 😛

Actually, my real life has been so hectic the last couple of months that I can't even remember the last time I didn't phone in a score on Sunday afternoon... 😞

26 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Actually, my real life has been so hectic the last couple of months that I can't even remember the last time I didn't phone in a score on Sunday afternoon... 😞

I think you still had a shot at winning the sports championship too, so I guess it comes down to whatever @Richardhead comes up with.

Events Team · Posted
48 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Rest assured that for the tournament all the games will have rules that focus on lower completion time so you can still participate if you want.
Life got to us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Fun story.

I most likely won’t be participating in the finals. It’s just not feasible for me.

I've skipped the tournament in the past because it ran during Thanksgiving week, but burnout has been a factor too. It's tough to summon the energy to go all out for three straight weeks after playing a full season (or at least most of it) even with a break in the middle. I know I've spent enough energy this past week that I'll likely just take my participation point this coming week and hope I can come up with a competitive effort for Spy Hunter.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

11 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Okay, I beat Last Seaside Running with continues. The second leg of that race is the hardest part of the game for sure. Nasty stuff. Now let's see if I can do it without continues.

I'm glad we skipped the Los Angeles Nightway course. For whatever reason, that one always gave me the most trouble.

30 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm glad we skipped the Los Angeles Nightway course. For whatever reason, that one always gave me the most trouble.

From what I recall you only have to remember where the cars are that will flip you in Nightway and keep out of the way, then it's not that bad.

The second leg of Last Seaside Running is nothing but sharp turns and constantly having three cars in front of you. And if you're too cautious you run out of time at the end.

24 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Your run must be super clean though. I definitely bump draft sometimes instead of passing.  It other than that my run was pretty clean.

I tried both early on and the bump drafting slows you down way too much. Since there were only three courses, I figured I might as well try to go full speed as much as I could and make clean passes. I tried to drift around the turns as much as I could without hitting the brakes too much so I could recover and get my speed back up as fast as possible. Another thing is that two computer cars never drive in the same lane so if you see a fast one off in the distance, follow it and as long as you're behind it the other cars you pass won't try to move into your lane.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
6 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

What about the roach thread? I mean where’s the line?!

The roach thread is really stupid, but at least it's in the Everything Else section. 

The thread in the Selling section, the thing was already sold for a good while. There was really no reason to carry the conversation, and certainly no reason to publicly debate a new user's Internet etiquette. It was getting a little out of hand IMO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The roach thread is really stupid, but at least it's in the Everything Else section. 

The thread in the Selling section, the thing was already sold for a good while. There was really no reason to carry the conversation, and certainly no reason to publicly debate a new user's Internet etiquette. It was getting a little out of hand IMO.

I was high as fuck when I made the post aboot a new thread. 
I appreciate what you do Glovsie.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gloves said:

The thread in the Selling section, the thing was already sold for a good while. There was really no reason to carry the conversation, and certainly no reason to publicly debate a new user's Internet etiquette. It was getting a little out of hand IMO

That dude needed exposed though brah. He will never be seen again in the forums while two active long time users got hosed.