IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Rad Racer

BeaIank

On 8/27/2023 at 6:16 PM, NESfiend said:

Reserved

How is this coming along? You finished fourth in the Rad Racer II contest a while back so I imagine you're good at this. Speaking of the Rad Racer II contest, I wonder what kind of score @PII is sitting on.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

How is this coming along? You finished fourth in the Rad Racer II contest a while back so I imagine you're good at this. Speaking of the Rad Racer II contest, I wonder what kind of score @PII is sitting on.

Hellish work week then traveled to Maine for vacation. Couple good friends live here. I have been grabbing a quick run when I can, but no complete runs. Probably 4 or 5 I should have finished and choked. 

@Richardhead, did you check out Maine yet? Worth the trip. Very quiet if thats your thing

20230902_224925.jpg

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Hellish work week then traveled to Maine for vacation. Couple good friends live here. I have been grabbing a quick run when I can, but no complete runs. Probably 4 or 5 I should have finished and choked. 

@Richardhead, did you check out Maine yet? Worth the trip. Very quiet if thats your thing

20230902_224925.jpg

It looks like skinny and a few others are holding their scores for the last day. Everybody's trying to make me sweat it out I guess.

Just now, NESfiend said:

I dont know man. Its tough. Much tougher than I remember rr 2 or chase hq being. But I have been really hurting for time

Hopefully I can get the win, but I'll give it another shot tomorrow just in case. I'm not too confident that I can do much better than what I've got though. 

13 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully I can get the win, but I'll give it another shot tomorrow just in case. I'm not too confident that I can do much better than what I've got though. 

Got a score up there 300 points shy of glovesy. Missed the last checkpoint before the finish on 8th race. Brutal

On 9/1/2023 at 8:32 PM, Richardhead said:

Probably not. I got some bad news at work. I’ll be working more. I am beat down today. I won’t be playing tonight, tomorrow  or probably even Sunday.
So unless some other people step up to help me out this week. You will be winning the sports title again. 

You getting any runs in today? I can't imagine anyone is in a hurry to get a head start on Yo! Noid. @PII has an 11 point lead in the action/platformer category so he literally just has to post a score to win the championship.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

20230902_224925.jpg

I have not made it there yet. I’m waiting on a friend to be available to go with me. So hopefully next summer.

29 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Some people play ahead. You play games like a month behind. 😂

Snow White Line is trickier than I remember. If you slow down a bit too much in the final stretch before the finish line you won't make it and the other cars try to force you to slow down.

8 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Snow White Line is trickier than I remember. If you slow down a bit too much in the final stretch before the finish line you won't make it and the other cars try to force you to slow down.

The next course seems to be where I have the biggest issue with cars running three wide so you literally can't get through. I remember the cars on the first course on the NWC cart having an aggressive and a regular pattern which seems to be the case in the full game. I have had runs where I can just lay on the turbo and cruise through, but other times are like driving in rush hour traffic.

23 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The next course seems to be where I have the biggest issue with cars running three wide so you literally can't get through. I remember the cars on the first course on the NWC cart having an aggressive and a regular pattern which seems to be the case in the full game. I have had runs where I can just lay on the turbo and cruise through, but other times are like driving in rush hour traffic.

So far Im at like a 1-20 through rate on Snow White when I get through the other 2 around 50% of the time. 

Edited by docile tapeworm

3 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

So far Im at like a 1-20 through rate on Snow White when I get through the other 2 around 50% of the time. 

I'm thinking the patterns alternate. If I cruise through snow white line, I get rush hour traffic on seaway in typhoon then manage to drive right through last seaside running.

4 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

What about the roach thread? I mean where’s the line?!

To be fair aboot it all, the post I made wasn’t very clear and kind of went in a different direction I wanted. So I can see why Glovsie shut her down. I also expected it to be locked days ago.😂

It was fun while it lasted.

• Haha 1