IGNORED

Movie Debate #121: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

On Reed’s scale I selected a 5/10 because it definitely isn’t a movie I go out of my way to watch and if I need a nostalgia hit I’ll choose something like The Never Ending Story.

But as an actual rating for the movie it’s easily a 7 maybe even 8. It’s a fun kid’s adventure movie and Rick Moranis is great.

I gave it an 8 of 10, but that's greatly affected as a parent.  It's a pretty good kid flick and easy to recommend to others... to watch with their kids.  My kids loved it, but we're all goobers, so take that as you will.

It's odd that I can recommend this at all though.  I bought this as a kid on VHS (it was the first or second VHS tape I ever bought on my own) but my sister became obsessed with this movie when she was about 1.5 years old.  She watched it every single day, some timed twice, until she literally wore out the tape.  The case was trashed and duct taped together.

I was so sick of this film by the time it died, but years later, I was finally able to watch/listen to it without losing my mind.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1