IGNORED

Official VGS Secret Santa Thread 2022! (Signups CLOSED)

Secret Santa

• The title was changed to Official VGS Secret Santa Thread 2022! (Signups CLOSED)
  • 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, Lago said:

Is it weird that I am super excited for my person to get their package?

Nope - that's the most fun part! At least in my opinion.  I know it sounds sorta cheesy and cliche, but I love the giving part of this activity - it's just really fun to put something together and hopefully surprise someone else or make them happy.  That is what this is all about imo.  I mean, I enjoy getting surprises too, but that's not why I do this.  It's just a ton of fun! 🙂

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Nope - that's the most fun part! At least in my opinion.  I know it sounds sorta cheesy and cliche, but I love the giving part of this activity - it's just really fun to put something together and hopefully surprise someone else or make them happy.  That is what this is all about imo.  I mean, I enjoy getting surprises too, but that's not why I do this.  It's just a ton of fun! 🙂

The best part is the eventual thread where we get to see what everyone got!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

The best part is the eventual thread where we get to see what everyone got!

This is the first time I’ve done this here and I am really looking forward to this.  At this particular moment I feel like a little kid waiting on Christmas morning.

I am thoroughly enjoying this even more than I thought I would.

• Love 5

Finally managed to track down some of the games my person wanted. I didn't want to buy online because of the slow shipping (everyone sending stuff during the holidays!), so I had to buy local...which I mean I get to support some good game stores so that was a bonus.

Going to wrap them up and then send them off...with a few bonus items because why not. I think I'll be sending them in a few days since I have to go near the post office at that point anyways. It will be in time though. Hope my person enjoys them.

• Like 2

Social Team · Posted
43 minutes ago, Lago said:

On a side note.  VGS Secret Santa has saved me a ton of money.  Every time I see a game I want to grab I say to myself, "I can't buy that.  What if my Secret Santa got it for me."  

Then I go play a game I already have, which is crazy I know.

I had some what reverse reaction.... "I need to buy these games before my Secret Santa see's my current game collection and maybe buys it for me and I get a duplicate for Christmas.  These games are too cheap to risk not getting them."