IGNORED

The Ultimate Thanksgiving Poll: POTATOES: Baked or Mashed?

Lynda Monica

Team Mashed or Team Baked?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Thanksgiving potato is the king?

• BAKED
    • MASHED

With Canadian Thanksgiving done and over with, American Thanksgiving is not terribly far off. So I'm asking the type of question that creates civil wars.

Which Thanksgiving potato is better? Baked potato, or mashed potatoes?

No being cheeky either by saying other forms of potatoes. We need a concrete answer to solve the Holiday Sage Wars of 2022.

Baked or mashed! Make your choice!

Baked is a strong candidate this election, but mashed makes a stronger case for me. It's shovel food that goes down smoothly, it mixes with everything, and is scalding hot if prepared properly. It's much easier to mess up though, what with the tendency to become lumpy. However one's ability to make smooth mashed potatoes shows one's overall skill, and creates a more impressive Thanksgiving if done correctly.

Cast your vote!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Baked is better but mash is what get's served because it's easier for everyone.  

It should be noted that one does not top mashed potatoes with Skyline so that is an instant L for mashed.

You could always make your own Skyline mashed potatoes. There's a chance it might not be terrible. You should try it just to drive @Jeevan crazy.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

For thanksgiving, mashed potatoes are better for logistical reasons. Kind of a pain to serve a bunch of baked potatoes.

Baked potatoes are better in every single way otherwise and I will die on that hill. A nice baked potato with sour cream, green onions, shredded cheese, and bacon bits is great.

For the holiday, mashed! But if you just want potatoes with your steak or something, baked is good.

It just feels wrong to have baked potatoes for Thanksgiving. Then again this year is...weird, so idk if me and my parents are going to do a Thanksgiving. I want a traditional meal with all the fixings as per usual but my mom isn't up for cooking so...not sure what will happen. I can't cook worth a damn and will burn the bird and house down if I try so...